Band Hero: Band Kit (PS3/360) $34.99 plus Free Shipping @ Newegg School-Ready Sale

Omega_ZX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello CAGs!

Newegg is having a School-Ready Electronic sale, in which Band Hero: Band Kit on sale for $34.99.

360 version:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...C-081712-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74117100-L06D

PS3 version:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-EMC-081712-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79221183-L06C

Other noteworthy item is Dead Island: GOTY Edition for $19.99, also with free shipping.

360 version:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...C-081712-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74165023-L06A

PS3 version:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-EMC-081712-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79262048-L06B

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Decided to buy it lol. I've been itching to play music games for a while now. Not gonna get a better deal than this.[/QUOTE]

After 2 months it will end up at goodwill for 5 bucks.

[quote name='Darkas']After 2 months it will end up at goodwill for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wow! 5$ I'll hold out for that!
But seriously, 35$ for a new item not in production anymore that you may never be able to get again? I'm in.

Best guitar on the market. And Band Hero has a couple good songs, but you'd do well to pick up Rock Band 3.

[quote name='mkelehan']Best guitar on the market. And Band Hero has a couple good songs, but you'd do well to pick up Rock Band 3.[/QUOTE]

I preferred the Warriors of Rock guitar that came in the game/guitar bundle only. Looks cool and works great.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Decided to buy it lol. I've been itching to play music games for a while now. Not gonna get a better deal than this.[/QUOTE]

I'll second the other CAG's endorsement of Rock Band 3; actually almost any of the Rock Band games are superior to the Hero series.

This kit gets pretty awful reviews on Amazon - I'm assuming its the same version thats being sold there? Some people mention there being a different kit depending on where you buy it. I'm trying to find a new guitar or 2 for use with GH and RB since one of mine has bit the dust and the other is on the verge. Just can't seem to find them cheap anywhere nowadays...

Good Find...just want to make sure before I pull the trigger, because it doesn't say...

This comes w/ the game, microphone, guitar, and drums right?

I'm considering getting this only because I need a guitar for PS3, and I can't seem to find one for cheaper than this whole bundle. Am I just not looking good enough? Seems a guitar only goes for $40+

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']This kit gets pretty awful reviews on Amazon - I'm assuming its the same version thats being sold there? Some people mention there being a different kit depending on where you buy it. I'm trying to find a new guitar or 2 for use with GH and RB since one of mine has bit the dust and the other is on the verge. Just can't seem to find them cheap anywhere nowadays...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if what you're looking at is the same: the two SKUs I saw on Amazon for XBOX and PS3 were for "super bundles," and with the music games I don't trust that anything is the same unless the name is exactly the same.

[quote name='barrit']I'm considering getting this only because I need a guitar for PS3, and I can't seem to find one for cheaper than this whole bundle. Am I just not looking good enough? Seems a guitar only goes for $40+[/QUOTE]

Big Lots was selling GH3 bundles with the wireless guitar for $20 a while ago so you could check your local stores but I have a feeling they're probably long gone. That's where I got my guitar and it works just fine with any of the Rock Band games.

This kit gets pretty awful reviews on Amazon - I'm assuming its the same version thats being sold there? Some people mention there being a different kit depending on where you buy it. I'm trying to find a new guitar or 2 for use with GH and RB since one of mine has bit the dust and the other is on the verge. Just can't seem to find them cheap anywhere nowadays...

Apparently there was some kind of problem with defective drums or pedals or some such thing, I'd assume they would've corrected that problem by now and if not you can always get a refund.

I bit. I was reluctant to do so since I'm also getting The Last Story, NSMB2, the Hunger Games Blu-Ray, and the God of War Saga Collection around this time too, but I figured what the hell and bit anyway.

[quote name='blindinglights']Does Dead Island GOTY have the content on disc or is it a voucher?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's on the disc.

Wow this is super tempting. We haven't had a Rock Band party in forever because both my guitars wore out. Not sure I wanna blow that much cash right now (would need to buy 2 of them). I haven't been able to find any guitars new or used in a long time. Considering they were traded in by so many so regularly at Gamestop you would think they would have been really cheap to replace.

[quote name='warreni']I'll second the other CAG's endorsement of Rock Band 3; actually almost any of the Rock Band games are superior to the Hero series.[/QUOTE]

I will say that, IMO, GH5 is better than RB1. RB2 beats them all, and RB3 is just the last word in plastic instrument gaming.

[quote name='mkelehan']I will say that, IMO, GH5 is better than RB1. RB2 beats them all, and RB3 is just the last word in plastic instrument gaming.[/QUOTE]

It's been too long since I played Rock Band 1, so I'll defer to your judgment on that one. ;)

Ya I had to bite on this, thanks OP! I'd love a full band set again, wasn't it just $50 on Target?

Anyway, pardon my ignorance, but this works all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, right?

EDIT: The Rock Band website site is down, but it kind of sounds like everything works with everything now.

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 08/23/2012.

:360: Dragon Age 2 $9.99
:wii: Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle $29.99

SONY Playstation 3 Console 160 GB Refurbished $199.99
use promo code EMCNBJC42
1 year replacement extended service plan $26.99
2 year replacement extended service plan $49.99

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Anyway, pardon my ignorance, but this works all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, right?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the drums work with the original Rock Band but it should with everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck it. I bit on 2 anyway. No idea where I'm going to put all that crap, but I've been desperately looking for far too long to find some cheap guitars.

[quote name='lydon']I don't think the drums work with the original Rock Band but it should with everything else.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the newer guitar hero stuff (drums and guitars) don't work with Rock Band 1, but it should work with Rock Band 2.

I know my GH5 guitars worked with everything but RB1.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya I had to bite on this, thanks OP! I'd love a full band set again, wasn't it just $50 on Target?

EDIT: The Rock Band website site is down, but it kind of sounds like everything works with everything now.[/QUOTE]
Google guitar comparability matrix or something like that. It's a matrix (spread sheet) that lists all the games and instruments. I think Joystiq put it together. Pretty helpful

lol @ the other shipping prices. 60+ for shipping that gigantic box. fuck that. Definitely ordered one though. I needed a set of drums for my other music games.

[quote name='waldo21212']Pretty sure the newer guitar hero stuff (drums and guitars) don't work with Rock Band 1, but it should work with Rock Band 2.

I know my GH5 guitars worked with everything but RB1.[/QUOTE]

If you're wondering which instruments work with which games, then check out this compatibility chart on the Rock Band website:

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

Not a bad deal at all. Seems like they never fixed the issues with the drums because people are still complaining about them as of 2 months ago. I guess if you need the guitar, it's worth it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Does Dead Island GOTY have the content on disc or is it a voucher?[/QUOTE]

On the PS3 it's in disc.

[quote name='krashhole']Not a bad deal at all. . .[/QUOTE]

Until you remember that Sears blew the full band sets out for $20 (and TRU had them for $30) just last year.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Until you remember that Sears blew the full band sets out for $20 (and TRU had them for $30) just last year.[/QUOTE]

Ya but those were near impossible to find, especially the TRU ones. I checked the 3 stores around me and had 0 luck.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Until you remember that Sears blew the full band sets out for $20 (and TRU had them for $30) just last year.[/QUOTE]

I used to be able to buy milk for $1 a gallon too.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Does the NEWCUTOMER10 coupon still work? If not is there one that does? I haven't ordered from Newegg in about a year.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to do that? I can't STOP ordering from there. Between their almost daily email deals and their preorder deals almost all my games are coming from there now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya but those were near impossible to find, especially the TRU ones. I checked the 3 stores around me and had 0 luck.[/QUOTE]

Plus both TRU and Sears had sales tax, so Newegg price is pretty much equal. With free shipping my guess Newegg just blows remaining inventory - it's probably just slightly cheaper then to ship it all to the garbage dump.

[quote name='RySenkari']Apparently there was some kind of problem with defective drums or pedals or some such thing, I'd assume they would've corrected that problem by now and if not you can always get a refund.
.[/QUOTE]

These could be the very first sets made....When old merch like is being clearanced like this (activision probably cleared out their warehouses and shipped the remains to Newegg), folks should have no expectation about where it was produced during the production run....It could have been the first or the last one made. Also, given how this set stagnated at retail, I wouldn't expect that it went through numerous production runs with iterative improvements along the way.....I would expect that most sets made were from the first, and possibly only production run.

Also there are no refunds on this item from newegg....you can get a replacement within 30 days but that is it (and shipping it back will probably run at least $15 if not more).

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']How did you manage to do that? I can't STOP ordering from there. Between their almost daily email deals and their preorder deals almost all my games are coming from there now.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much only buy games for sub $20 anymore and other than the Best Buy blowout sale this week I really haven't bothered buying much of those in a while. I feel like I've picked up nearly everything that's been on my hit list for a while. Newegg has definitely had some great preorder deals for a while now, but with the backlog as big as it is the only game I have preordered this year was Diablo III's CE which I got for $85 at buy.com (net cost was $50 to me after a $35 credit I had from the Vita). I was super tempted to get the Z.O.E. collection (HUGE fan of the franchise-Z.O.E. 1 might be my favorite PS2 game) when they had the $10 off preorder deal though. $30 is a great deal for it but I think I can hold out for $20 anyway.

Thanks OP, snagged one for PS3, never had plastic instruments on the PS3, and can grab the older games for pennies. Great find!

Regarding the defective drums, one of the sets I purchased from TRU when they were clearing them out had a bad drum set. I simply filled out one of their warranty replacement forms on their website, printed the shipping label they provided me, and sent it off. In about a week or so I had a new set (2nd Gen re-model no less, with detachable control pad) sitting on my door-step.

I was very impressed with their warranty department. Just a heads up for people worried about the drums.

I just bought my fifth set of drums (Guitar Hero World Tour x2 and now Band Hero x3). Out of those sets two sets of drums (always the red one) have broken within the warranty period and I had zero issues with replacements from Activision. Buy and have fun with 'em and don't worry about the issues I say.

bread's done
Back