Free Space Pirates and Zombies and SpaceChem ONLIVE

[quote name='acsguitar']
Free is good![/QUOTE]

This is true, even if OnLive isn't. Thanks.

Space Chem (Steam version) is currently part of Android Humble Bundle 3 that can be bought for $1, BTW.

[quote name='rpmboy']wonder what will happen to games like this?[/QUOTE]

im curious to see what happens to games that people actually paid for

[quote name='smoger']im curious to see what happens to games that people actually paid for[/QUOTE]

so am i. I spent a few bucks on onlive (I'm pretty sure $6).

Funny. Just got in on these. I think I spent $1.99 on Saints Row the Third last year, or $1... so no big loss for me, I hope they are just restructuring though.

"Thanks for the note. We don’t respond to rumors, but of course not.

The exciting news is that the first VIZIO Co-Stars (Google TV stream players) with the OnLive app built-in have just arrived in customer homes, and our second of three ‘Indie Giveaway Weekends’ is going on now. OnLive users can get a free copy of the award-winning games Space Pirates and Zombies and SpaceChem (more details on our blog here: blog.onlive.com)."

http://www.examiner.com/article/onl...e-end-of-the-day-says-reports?cid=db_articles

Well that was strange..wonder what the "real" story is about what happened today

I always wondered how this company was still in business as I believe there to be zero people using it.

Looks like the whole org was "fired" by the old OnLive, which is going bankrupt, and then will be rehired Monday morning by the new company (I'm guessing will be called eviLnO), which will likely have bought all the assets of the old company while having none of the monstrous debt from it's unprofitable business model. Waits to be seen if anyone who bought anything from OnLive will still have it next week. Also, sucks to be owed money by OnLive right now. If they do this, I doubt the major players will be inclined to work with them going forward.

So while it is technically true that they are not shuttering their doors, they are going through some seriously weird shit that they are still sorting out.

[quote name='apterous']

So while it is technically true that they are not shuttering their doors, they are going through some seriously weird shit that they are still sorting out.[/QUOTE]

LOL this is probably the best explanation I've read so far. hahahah.

I'm guessing lawyers are doing things and such

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Funny. Just got in on these. I think I spent $1.99 on Saints Row the Third last year, or $1... so no big loss for me, I hope they are just restructuring though.[/QUOTE]

So... still interested in that micro console? If so do I have a deal for you! :lol:

Glad I got the microconsole for free at PAX last year. If they ever do actually go under I have very very little invested in them. :)

[quote name='pROvIs']So... still interested in that micro console? If so do I have a deal for you! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sure. I'm just gonna write Ouya on it with a sharpie and sell it to some idiot on craig's list.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sure. I'm just gonna write Ouya on it with a sharpie and sell it to some idiot on craig's list.[/QUOTE]

lol

I doubt too many people here bought or supported onlive to begin with and this is all rumors and misinformation so far so I'm not really prepared to condemn anyone based on misinformed and unconfirmed employees posting greivances on a message board.

I think this was a last minute option to save the company and some jobs. One of the laid off said that they are keeping some people, around 20. So if 50% were laid off, that means around 40 staff members were the total workforce?

I used OnLive and enjoyed it. Needed something with no tv, OnLive allowed me to play games on a lower end PC. Now I have upgraded and can play those games anyway. I really doubt substantial company bought OnLive. Sounds more like inventors creating an LLC to run it. Their new games were slim because they got a fraction of the new games released. Only a handful of publishers did anything with them, mainly THQ, Square Enix and Ubisoft. They are better off pushing their $10 plan for unlimited games. I don't think they sold many micro consoles either, even when they were giving them for "free" with a purchase of a game. The logic was that when people have these, they will buy games.

The controller looked cool though. Maybe they can just sell those?

bread's done
Back