28$ Import 3ds on Ebay

[quote name='kobra90']27 sold and 0 feedback. Seems legit[/QUOTE]

Yeah someone even bought 11 of them just by himself, he'll be sad if it's a scam XD

I can believe it, probably came off the back of a truck. Probably won't pose any issue, if I had a credit card, I might take a gamble... Anyone willing to order one?

EDIT: On second thought, if we wait a few days, feedback will probably pop up. People reporting it as a scam, or amazing deal.

[quote name='Lightthrower']Yeah someone even bought 11 of them just by himself, he'll be sad if it's a scam XD[/QUOTE]

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Sad that people try to exploit people, but at the same time, the guy who bought 11 should've been a tad more cautious

[quote name='Booyakz']I can believe it, probably came off the back of a truck. Probably won't pose any issue, if I had a credit card, I might take a gamble... Anyone willing to order one?[/QUOTE]

Let me know how that turns out. Lol.

The real problem I have with me stopping myself with gambling with this is that I would actually want a japanese 3ds to play Project X Zone that will never be ported here because of licensing issues... dammit! Someone stop me! XD

**Edit** I bought one, but I'm not paying now. The auction says

"Payment

We accept PayPal.

We ship your item after we receive your payment. Payment is expected within a week."

Probably a copy paste of another auction, but hey it's there. So I'm holding out until the end to pay him to see if he's legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lightthrower']The real problem I have with me stopping myself with gambling with this is that I would actually want a japanese 3ds to play Project X Zone that will never be ported here because of licensing issues... dammit! Someone stop me! XD

**Edit** I bought one, but I'm not paying now. The auction says

"Payment

We accept PayPal.

We ship your item after we receive your payment. Payment is expected within a week."

Probably a copy paste of another auction, but hey it's there. So I'm holding out until the end to pay him to see if he's legit.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Stuff like this is why I wish the old caveat emptor on ebay would return. All the buyer protection does here is encourage stupid buyers and gives ebay an excuse to raise fees and other silly paypal holds. If your greedy/stupid enough to buy 11 off an obvious scam like this then you deserve to lose your $300. ;-)

[quote name='MRW2276']Stuff like this is why I wish the old caveat emptor on ebay would return. All the buyer protection does here is encourage stupid buyers and gives ebay an excuse to raise fees and other silly paypal holds. If your greedy/stupid enough to buy 11 off a obvious scam like this then you deserve to lose your $300. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Well put

[quote name='chicoquente']If I understand correctly the 3DS is region locked and I will only be able to play Japanese games with this, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep! but most japan games never come here so if you're an importer it's quite good to have one especially since 3ds is not hacked yet (or might never be).

LOL screw it, I'm going to try it. I'll do what the previous poster said and wait a week before paying to see if his account holds up until then.

New user as of August 14, 2012.

0 feedback.

Several buyers had low-ish feedback, based on the sold history.

Not sure I'd do it.

However, I did send him a message and ask him how many he has total.

[quote name='SamuraiSmurfette']My guess, is that it's a chinese fake.
Believe it or not, that's an actual thing.

http://www.1up.com/news/ebay-sold-fake-ds

Especially likely considering that he's also selling cheap-o phone cases.[/QUOTE]

That is DS hardware with a bootleg or aftermarket shell on it, its a real DS, just with a different shell. There are tons of manufacturers that make aftermarket shells for systems, any system. Which explains why it doesn't fit or look quite right.

A fake DS wouldn't even play real DS games, it would be something like the polystation, if anyone remembers what that is. Basically it would look like the system from the outside, but would play its own, very inferior to the real thing games.

Your only danger here is with the lithium ion battery contained inside, if they used an aftermarket battery, there are risks to that, even though the risks are really low these days, but it might not last as long as the original battery.

[quote name='Lightthrower']Looks like a scam to me. The guy doesn't even put his correct location, just "Item location: , Canada, Canada". 27 have been sold so... I dunno... probably a scam but who knows! Anyone else know more about this?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Nintendo...ltDomain_2&hash=item3cc9d070ad#ht_2203wt_1397[/QUOTE]

It is a definite scam I have Ebayed for a long time.No one sells something at a loss; how did someone get them from Japan to Canada and sell them at $38 for a profit? They didn't. Ebay or the seller will refund you if you say it is a fake they will give you a shipping slip if you open a case but don't waste your money. If you want to see what a fake looks like go ahead there have been many fake DS on ebay before its not a surprise someone has tried making a fake 3DS. Also no feedback and a price way to good to be true with a strange computer generated user name.

[quote name='SaraAB']That is DS hardware with a bootleg or aftermarket shell on it, its a real DS, just with a different shell. There are tons of manufacturers that make aftermarket shells for systems, any system. Which explains why it doesn't fit or look quite right.

A fake DS wouldn't even play real DS games, it would be something like the polystation, if anyone remembers what that is. Basically it would look like the system from the outside, but would play its own, very inferior to the real thing games.

Your only danger here is with the lithium ion battery contained inside, if they used an aftermarket battery, there are risks to that, even though the risks are really low these days, but it might not last as long as the original battery.[/QUOTE]

No, Chinese sellers don't sell you refurbished "new" DS systems. The fakes use emulation software just like a computer or a fake gba cart its al possible.

Sale has 'ended' with 50 sold. Not sure if he 'sold out' or did the proverbial close the car truck and leave location.

[quote name='Desousa93']No, Chinese sellers don't sell you refurbished "new" DS systems. The fakes use emulation software just like a computer or a fake gba cart its al possible.[/QUOTE]

possible yes. just it may not be cost effective. emulation takes significantly more processing power, relative to a clone or refurbished system.

[quote name='ricky23i']Apparently my 3DS has been shipped.. I hope this is real.[/QUOTE]

Paypal will reimburse us if there's something wrong, but yeah let's cross fingers XD.

Nobody would sell a 3DS for this cheap even if they were stolen. You're REALLY fooling yourself if you buy into this...

Brings back memories the first time I got scammed from an eBay seller.

Not only did the Paypal dispute last a few months, I never ended up getting all my money back.

Granted you guys will most likely get your $30 back, it'll be two weeks until you're allowed to start the dispute, where PayPal will wait 30 days for seller to rebut, which if he's done this before will say something like still shipping on the last day, so another couple days/weeks go by before PayPal closes their account and you get you money back.

You lose $30 and time writing disputes for a month or two, PayPal loses $1500 for the 50 that were sold, and the scamer gets to spend all the money you guys gave him.

Congrats, you guys just helped a scamer

Still haven't paid for my 'win'. No response to my e-mail to his address either.

Also noticed on the guy's feedback page he was selling some hunting cameras or something for $28 and one guy left feedback (positive, since thats the only way to do it) that he paid and hadn't heard anything back.

Looks like a definite scammer.

love this feedback

Haven't heard anything on my unit
New 12MP HD 0.7s Response Time 940 IR-LED Digital Scouting Hunting Trail Camera (#261083920340)

but they leave postiive feedback

LOL

[quote name='slidecage']

New 12MP HD 0.7s Response Time 940 IR-LED Digital Scouting Hunting Trail Camera (#261083920340)

[/QUOTE]

Dang! I wish I had looked at his other items. I wouldn't spend $28 on a sketchy DS import, but I'd try it on a trail camera. Oh well, probably just saved myself the hassle by not finding it sooner ...

Luckily I didn't pay, I just got this in e-mail:

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

261083918509 - NEW Nintendo 3DS Console System Aqua Blue JAPAN import

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

Here's what you can do next:

-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice.
-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly discourage you from accepting the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and aren't covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay or PayPal, and:
-- You paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
-- You paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

Thanks,

eBay

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but did anyone here actually get a 3DS out of this deal? No one ever follows up on these flash-in-the-pan threads.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but did anyone here actually get a 3DS out of this deal? No one ever follows up on these flash-in-the-pan threads.[/QUOTE]

Nobody was going to get anything from this thread.

Most of the time, people don't come back and reply because they feel embarrassed that they fell for a silly/stupid/obvious scam.

They are all busy playing imports on their new 3DS or admiring their stack of bills after buying up dozens of them and reselling them for a massive profits.

bread's done
Back