Resident Evil 6 $47.99 PS3/360 at Newegg

[quote name='Quagmilion']If 5 and Raccoon City weren't such huge disappointments in terms of being a "Horror" game, I would bite.[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather from trailers it seems like the team responsible for RE6 is considering the mishaps of RE5. With the reintroduction of zombies, and genuine horror moments the game seems interesting at this point. I'm not sure why Capcom is so intent in pushing RE franchise towards action more so than horror though. I guess only time will tell if Chris yet again punches a boulder or not :)

Thanks OP, kinda waiting for the pc version to be on sale though.

[quote name='lolwut?']When does Newegg charge you? When they ship?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can cancel right up to when it ships with no charges. Might as well lock it in in case nothing better comes along.

[quote name='dejeckt']
Thanks OP, kinda waiting for the pc version to be on sale though.[/QUOTE]

Wish it was coming out on PC at the same time as the console versions. Probably won't be able to wait. :D

i might do this soon. pay half, my brother pays half, and there, i get re6 new for $24. thanks.

edit
im guessin it comes with no preorder bonuses?

i put in an order for the ps3 version but there will probably be a better deal by the time it releases...maybe TRU's buy 2 get 1 free? Or maybe renting from gamefly instead. It all banks on whether or not Capcom does a good job with the ps3 version though.

This game already has bang for its buck. 4 CAMPAIGNS, each adding 3 hours of gameplay. Ada Wong could of been dlc, but Capcom for once took the high road and included (Doesnt mean we wont see more story dlc in a month after release). You get 12 hours of gameplay from that, then there's mercenaries (A favorite of mine from RE5). This is my goty for me.

Guy above me, good luck with that. Your gonna be waiting awhile for that one.

I had pre-ordered this during Newegg's last $10 promo. Yay for an additional $2 savings!

I just wish Newegg's coupon-entering processing didn't require so many steps and log-ins. Craziness.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']This game already has bang for its buck. 4 CAMPAIGNS, each adding 3 hours of gameplay. Ada Wong could of been dlc, but Capcom for once took the high road and included (Doesnt mean we wont see more story dlc in a month after release). You get 12 hours of gameplay from that, then there's mercenaries (A favorite of mine from RE5). This is my goty for me.

Guy above me, good luck with that. Your gonna be waiting awhile for that one.[/QUOTE]
pft, I spend more hours than that playing my ps2 rpgs :booty:

[quote name='Jack_Frost']pft, I spend more hours than that playing my ps2 rpgs :booty:[/QUOTE]

okay??? Ofcourse you would get more play time with an rpg compared to a shooter. :booty:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Guy above me, good luck with that. Your gonna be waiting awhile for that one.[/QUOTE]

Most of us have backlogs large enough to justify long waits.

[quote name='krashhole']Not bad, but I have had mine on pre-order with Bestbuy because of the $20 GC you get back.[/QUOTE]
This. BBY wins again.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']This game already has bang for its buck. 4 CAMPAIGNS, each adding 3 hours of gameplay. Ada Wong could of been dlc, but Capcom for once took the high road and included (Doesnt mean we wont see more story dlc in a month after release). You get 12 hours of gameplay from that, then there's mercenaries (A favorite of mine from RE5). This is my goty for me.

Guy above me, good luck with that. Your gonna be waiting awhile for that one.[/QUOTE]

ROFL @ GOTY and it's not even out yet.

Capcom has gone out of its way to pound into my head that I should never buy one of their games at launch. I'll hold out for a complete edition sometime down the road. Lesson learned, Capcom!

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, playing games the year they come out sucks! I'll wait until 2016 on this one. Take that, Capcom![/QUOTE]

My backlog is large enough that it could be even longer than 2016 by the time I'd finally get around to this. But realistically, most people would probably only have to wait six months to a year.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']My backlog is large enough that it could be even longer than 2016 by the time I'd finally get around to this. But realistically, most people would probably only have to wait six months to a year.[/QUOTE]

True but this game looks like they are doing fan service. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt this 1 last time.

why do people go in threads and say ''I won't even be able to play this because of my backlog'' and then leave?

[quote name='GUNNM']why do people go in threads and say ''I won't even be able to play this because of my backlog'' and then leave?[/QUOTE]

Because they have a disease?

[quote name='GUNNM']why do people go in threads and say ''I won't even be able to play this because of my backlog'' and then leave?[/QUOTE]

Nobody did that here. lrn2literacy.

[quote name='junghu']I'll wait until they release RE6 Gold edition.............you know they will.[/QUOTE]
Of course they will, this is capcom after all. I'm planning to play and beat it once or twice within the first few weeks of release, then flip it to amazon for probably $30+. Then I'll use the credit to upgrade to whatever complete edition they throw out later when it comes out in a year or two.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Most of us have backlogs large enough to justify long waits.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Nobody did that here. lrn2literacy.[/QUOTE]
k.

[quote name='TooPoor']This. BBY wins again.[/QUOTE]

Technically this is true but it only ends up being a couple dollars difference once tax is figured in plus you don't get that $20 bonus until a month after you pickup the game. I'll take the money off the top even if I might have to wait a day or two past release date to receive the order.

[quote name='Killbomb']Technically this is true but it only ends up being a couple dollars difference once tax is figured in plus you don't get that $20 bonus until a month after you pickup the game. I'll take the money off the top even if I might have to wait a day or two to receive the order.[/QUOTE]

I'm in CA, so newegg would charge me tax too. If you are not in CA however, and your tax rate is M, as long as M

1. I didn't say I wouldn't be able to play this game because of my backlog. I said it's not uncommon for people on this site to wait for real deals on games because they don't need to have them RIGHT NOW.

2. I didn't "leave".

Again, lrn2literacy.

Thanks OP, I just pre-ordered the 360 version.

I only got a Newegg account this month to get Persona 4 Arena, but their free 3-day shipping got the game to me only one day after release. So at this rate I might not buy a game from Amazon again for a long time. They just aren't competing.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']
Again, lrn2literacy.[/QUOTE]

That's an annoying little phrase there. I don't even know if it qualifies as a phrase, actually.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm in CA, so newegg would charge me tax too. If you are not in CA however, and your tax rate is M, as long as M

[quote name='Killbomb']Yes, as I said, the BB deal is TECHNICALLY better especially for you since Newegg hits you with tax. For me, the Newegg deal is better since I save the money right away without having to make a second purchase, don't have to use gas to drive to BB or wait for their slower shipping and save the tax.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Newegg is pretty much dead to me because they charge tax for me as well. But I thought the RE6 preorder at BBY gives you extra content? Or am I remembering things wrong?

EDIT: I checked, it's the Rail Yard map.

EDIT2: I would preorder from Capcom store if they had this price in a heartbeat for the Umbrella umbrella.

[quote name='Killbomb']Technically this is true but it only ends up being a couple dollars difference once tax is figured in plus you don't get that $20 bonus until a month after you pickup the game. I'll take the money off the top even if I might have to wait a day or two past release date to receive the order.[/QUOTE]$65 up front at Bestbuy minus $20 = $45 Sure you won't get the $20 for nearly a month, but that is $20 to go towards the next game I have pre-ordered. New-egg is $47.99 unless you have to pay tax. So let's say you didn't have to pay tax, it's $3 more plus the wait to get it in the mail which no one can ever foresee shipping issues. Like I said initially, it's a deal if you don't care about the Bestbuy deal or want to wait on shipping.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']1. I didn't say I wouldn't be able to play this game because of my backlog. I said it's not uncommon for people on this site to wait for real deals on games because they don't need to have them RIGHT NOW.

2. I didn't "leave".

Again, lrn2literacy.[/QUOTE]

Please just leave then if this isn't a "real" deal for you.

bread's done
Back