- - - - -

YMMV TRU has Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at buy 1 get one today

#61 kouleefoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Ha! couldn't try with PS3 only, because they were out of Sleeping Dogs on PS3. So I had to do Darksiders 2 PS3 with Sleeping Dogs Xbox360 and the guide. rang up full price. Walked away. (Hayward, CA)

I think this deal only works if your mom buys it for you. In which case, both games are free.

Edited by kouleefoh, 18 August 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#62 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

It would be pretty beta to pay for something just because you don't want to look weird to the cashier, but if ya want them both for full price, lol well nothing wrong with that.

#63 jaimefbh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

lol, i just got it, so i would have the receipt to post here. I would not have a problem screaming at the cashier "WHAT?!?! $120 for two games??? I am CAG, thanks but no thanks!". But then again i can still do that tomorrow.

#64 psihog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

why would it make you look like a fool telling cashier the price isn't what you expected? tell them to cancel the transaction while you double check the price. Nothing weird or embarrassing about it unless you're a celebrity with TMZ following you.

#65 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Haha, people are funny. Clearly this isn't a "sale" or anything, we may never know what exactly happened but maybe a memo went out and only some people got it even though every body was meant to, maybe it was a selective market thing to test out new sale strategies, maybe some higher-up managers who had the power to do so got together and decided to do it.

But to pay full price just because you didn't want to bring it up is HILARIOUS! Even more funny are all the suggestions on how to play it off. How about just going up and saying you know "Hey, I heard on the internet there was a sale on these and some people even posted their receipts..."

#66 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2791 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

are you new to the internet?

^this^

#67 GangGreenFiend   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

GangGreenFiend

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Here is the proof. https://twitpic.com/al404h https://twitpic.com/al401r

#68 Dthib87  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

Definitely bumpworthy material.

Usually people lie on the internet to look cool or gain something...clearly this isn't the case. Even if those people who claimed to have gotten in on it were lying, they certainly had more useful posts than yours and the guy you quoted.

oh the irony.

#69 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11358 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

Have them ring up Sleeping Dogs first? The guy that didn't get it to work had Darksiders ring up first...

This is odd.

#70 MunchnOnDoritos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MunchnOnDoritos

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Here is the proof. https://twitpic.com/al404h https://twitpic.com/al401r

Holy Shi...what is going on people.

#71 Danger Zone: Archer   Not really here. CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Danger Zone: Archer

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

No fucking luck at my store. I just wasted 25 mins of my life!
I still can't believe people from the south and east are getting this deal.

#72 kouleefoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Have them ring up Sleeping Dogs first? The guy that didn't get it to work had Darksiders ring up first...

This is odd.

I had them ring up Sleep Dogs first, still full price. I don't think it's a glitch, maybe it's only in certain stores. THe last receipt shows the promo # 082467 and it says 2 for $60. Maybe if you can get the store to enter that promo code, it'll work

#73 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20288 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

This seems like a system glitch. Odd thing I noticed - both the PR receipt and other posted receipt have the same net Tax Rate (7%) - could it be this is a PR only deal (I believe people confirmed it worked there) and it is glitching and working anywhere else with the same net 7% tax rate?

That's just a far fetched theory. Someone mentioned it working in Richmond, VA which has a lower tax rate. Who knows. Kudos to those who got in on the deal though.

#74 GangGreenFiend   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

GangGreenFiend

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

See, I am no troll. Still, I'd go try it out in store soon. The deal ends today!

#75 Rumors   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

See, I am no troll. Still, I'd go try it out in store soon. The deal ends today!

Gang green? You from ny/nj? I'm tempted to go try this (nj here) been drinking though so i would need to walk

#76 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2791 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Definitely bumpworthy material.

Usually people lie on the internet to look cool or gain something...clearly this isn't the case. Even if those people who claimed to have gotten in on it were lying, they certainly had more useful posts than yours and the guy you quoted.

Posted Image

I bet this guy has a clean door! Newbs are the best.

Edited by 6er, 19 August 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#77 prim4444   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

This is most likely some kind of regional deal or a glitch of a sale that was released by mistake in that region.

TRU has been doing this in the past where they won't put out an ad in certain markets while the rest of the country gets weekly deals.

Heck, in a couple weeks, TRU will be doing some more testing on their weekly ad. Some markets will get a normal weekly ad, some will get the ad that will require coupons to get the sale prices and some markets will not get an ad at all.

#78 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4913 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

This is most likely some kind of regional deal or a glitch of a sale that was released by mistake in that region.

TRU has been doing this in the past where they won't put out an ad in certain markets while the rest of the country gets weekly deals.

Heck, in a couple weeks, TRU will be doing some more testing on their weekly ad. Some markets will get a normal weekly ad, some will get the ad that will require coupons to get the sale prices and some markets will not get an ad at all.

Thanks for the clarification prim, good to hear from someone in this thread who is reliable and knows what the hell they're talking about.

#79 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Just tried with :360: versions in Lewisville, TX with no luck. Sucks because I really wanted both of these games. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be in @Gamer or BB DOTD eventually for less, too much backlog to play them now anyway.

#80 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Friend of mine went to the winchester VA store because he's on Vaca down there, it rang up $120, the clerk tried everything, called other stores and they said it was fake, she then checked the system. It eventually came down to the manager who said no. Oh well.

#81 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4191 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

doesnt work in dublin, CA. never expected it to.

#82 GangGreenFiend   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

GangGreenFiend

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Gang green? You from ny/nj? I'm tempted to go try this (nj here) been drinking though so i would need to walk

Nahh I'm just a big Jets fan haha, I'm in NC

#83 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

I would have said "Oh, I wanted to see what these would ring in as together because I know someone people have gotten them buy one get one free. Thanks for checking for me." And then left.

I dont give a shit what the cashier thinks of me, she is doing what she gets paid to do. (Not to sound harsh but I mean we all have jobs, so what is the different between if someone buys the items they ring or not, commission is not involved there)

I would never have "taken one for the team" over $130 dollars... $2 MAYBE!
I've bought things before and they were priced too high or I changed my mind and walked.

#84 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11525 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

This would be a great deal if true, Darksiders II trades for $31.25 at AMZ, it would be a free 1 week rental and a $30 Sleeping Dogs.

#85 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

This would be a great deal if true, Darksiders II trades for $31.25 at AMZ, it would be a free 1 week rental and a $30 Sleeping Dogs.

i think it would be a better deal trading in to bestbuy with the 100 % promo

#86 D3adcell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

Just tried with :360: versions in Lewisville, TX with no luck. Sucks because I really wanted both of these games. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be in @Gamer or BB DOTD eventually for less, too much backlog to play them now anyway.

That's the closest TRU to me. Thanks for checking it out. About an hour drive from here.

#87 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

i think it would be a better deal trading in to bestbuy with the 100 % promo

Unlikely. Usually they will do one of two things.

1) Not put it in the system.
2) Put it in the system, but at a price that would even out the gain.

I remember during the last promo I was looking to trade in Resistance Burning Skies (awful game + no online pass didn't seem like an easy sell...) and even with 100% TIV I only got 24 dollars for it. Additionally I actually got less for Gravity Daze, though these were both right by the original release date.

#88 Siegeofpower   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Siegeofpower

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

I called my mom and asked her to check with the guy behind the counter if they are doing the buy one get one for them, he said yes they are. Not only did she get both the games for $64.20 (I think that's what the total was) but she got the Darksiders 2 strategy guide as well for free (I don't know if there is a deal for that??) But as soon as she gets home with the games and guide I will post a picture of them and the receipt. This is real, trust me. Even though it is more than likely a HIGHLY YMMV thing.

not true I called the store, and the employees checked for any promos and there were none

#89 perfectmannot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

perfectmannot

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

:roll: I went to the Toy's R Us in Framingham, MA and asked the guy behind the counter who wouldn't even get it out of the case for me to ring it up because he didn't believe it. Then I went to the guest services and argued with two women (management staff) behind the counter and all I wanted to do was for them to scan those two games and hit the total button to see if it would go thru. I'm so pissed at them.

#90 XombieOO7   Banned Banned   139 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

XombieOO7

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

According to the receipt back on page 2 of this thread (the one posted by Puerto Rican Hobo), the "sale" that got him the 2 games for $60 plus tax, is referred to as: 082467 SALE 2 for $60. So has anyone tried asking a TRU employee (clerk or manager) about that offer specifically, mentioning the promo code and all?

Also, anyone try to purchase any other pair of games that would ring up at $60 each normally, and see if this sale/offer works?

Finally, assuming the offer was valid, was it set to expire on the 18th?