Dead Island Riptide Steelbook (GWP) - $5

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dead+Is...on+3/6554282.p?id=1218752783221&skuId=6554282

Exclusive presell gift available only with purchase of the Dead Island Riptide video game for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3

Hmm... I'm guessing this is a bit of a mess up to be placed for pre-order purchase, but I figured I'd share in case anyone wanted to take the gamble on preordering it and getting it. (No release date for Riptide has been set and amazon and BB are both stating 12/31/13 will be its release.)

[quote name='YBX87']i thought it was just a rumor they are releasing a sequel for the game. i guess i was wrong[/QUOTE]

It was officially announced way back at E3. All they've released so far is the logo though.

can i just order the steelbook by itself or do i have to buy the game at the same time? it is letting me checkout with just the steelbook which is weird.

[quote name='Tsel']It was officially announced way back at E3. All they've released so far is the logo though.[/QUOTE]
can i just order the steelbook by itself or do i have to buy the game at the same time? it is letting me checkout with just the steelbook which is weird. or will it get canceled if i checkout with only the steelbook?

[quote name='PublikDefender']wow, and was riptide always going to be $49.99? it is that price now on best buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was scheduled to be $49.99. I'm paraphrasing but one of the developers said $49.99 should be the standard price for all new games this late in the consoles life cycle.

[quote name='PublikDefender']can i just order the steelbook by itself or do i have to buy the game at the same time? it is letting me checkout with just the steelbook which is weird.[/QUOTE]

YMMV if they fulfill orders. They did for Prototype 2 steelbooks and Cars 2 and those were supposed to be "Gift with Purchase". Others have been cancelled.

Obviously odds go done now that we have a seperate thread :(

[quote name='PublikDefender']wow, and was riptide always going to be $49.99? it is that price now on best buy.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They said it was only going to be $50 seeing that we're at the end of a console cycle.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Such an early announcement for a game that wasn't all that great IMO[/QUOTE]

It had a lot of promise, unfortunately it had a lot of issues as well that held it back. I'm hoping they learned some lessons with the first one & this one is a better, more polished game. But it's certainly not something I'll be buying until I read some reviews saying that's the case, and preferably I'd like to at least play a demo.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Such an early announcement for a game that wasn't all that great IMO[/QUOTE]
dead island was hella fun and pwns dead rising and otr imho. fun party game and co-op.
[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah it was scheduled to be $49.99. I'm paraphrasing but one of the developers said $49.99 should be the standard price for all new games this late in the consoles life cycle.

YMMV if they fulfill orders. They did for Prototype 2 steelbooks and Cars 2 and those were supposed to be "Gift with Purchase". Others have been cancelled.

Obviously odds go done now that we have a seperate thread :([/QUOTE]
thanks
[quote name='Tsel']Yep. They said it was only going to be $50 seeing that we're at the end of a console cycle.[/QUOTE]
thanks

[quote name='PublikDefender']dead island was hella fun and pwns dead rising and otr imho[/QUOTE]

I'm just basing my opinion off of the majority of reviews I've read and your probably right about it being better than dead rising since I got bored of that game really quick

The first game only just came out last year. There is no way this is a "sequel." More like an overpriced expansion pack. ;)

[quote name='CaseX']The first game only just came out last year. There is no way this is a "sequel." More like an overpriced expansion pack. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well it doesn't come out til December of 2013 so I highly doubt it's just an expansion. I assume you probably thought the release date was this year though and you just misread it

[quote name='CaseX']The first game only just came out last year. There is no way this is a "sequel." More like an overpriced expansion pack. ;)[/QUOTE]

They never said it was a sequel. They specifically stated it wasn't 'Dead Island 2'. It's no more an expansion pack than Super Street Fighter IV, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Dead Rising: Off the Record and many more.

Man I am so ignorant that I didn't know the sequel was called riptide, I thought it was called dead world or something....

I cant wait for this game, I put the first Dead Island game in the same league as the first Borderlands. Great concept but few technical issues and ideas that weren't fully developed. I see Riptide gonna be a huge step forward like Borderlands 2.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']I'm just basing my opinion off of the majority of reviews I've read and your probably right about it being better than dead rising since I got bored of that game really quick[/QUOTE]
sad u never played but moc it... sad indeed...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']sad u never played but moc it... sad indeed...[/QUOTE]

I don't need to when the problem with the game is that it has tech issues especially on the PS3, I wouldn't want a play a game that won't save at times. Also, I didn't mock it, I just gave it an honest opinion based off of all the reviews I've read on metacritc and videos I've watched on YouTube.

1 was fun but got redundant fast, save thing pissed me off the first few times... But the bro-op was ultimately a fun experience. Really hope they polished this one.

[quote name='TooPoor']Man I am so ignorant that I didn't know the sequel was called riptide, I thought it was called dead world or something....[/QUOTE]

Like what Tsel said, Dead Island Riptide is probably going to be like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations. Just a big expansion pack that simply a game in its own right. From the title, it's going to be on another island or the same one.

It isn't going to be Dead Island 2; I think they would change up the whole title to fit the naming convention. The sequel should be called Dead World though. :lol:

yes, because franchises cant bring out a game a year after one has come out. Sports games? Assassin's Creed? Dance Central?

I really hope they polish up the series. Dead Island had too many gameplay mechanics that really prevented me from really enjoying it. I actually fell asleep playing the game.

I enjoyed and completed the game a couple months ago on PS3. I can't recall any technical issues people are talking about. Maybe they were too minor for me to remember back then(?) Anyhow, can't wait for Riptide.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']I don't need to when the problem with the game is that it has tech issues especially on the PS3, I wouldn't want a play a game that won't save at times. Also, I didn't mock it, I just gave it an honest opinion based off of all the reviews I've read on metacritc and videos I've watched on YouTube.[/QUOTE]
Honest opinion? Sorry but people that mock something without playing a game just shows you are someone i would not want to consider any of you're future opinions. Sad some people will agree with what you said. They fixed 360 ver and oh you made up you're mind. Enjoy

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Honest opinion? Sorry but people that mock something without playing a game just shows you are someone i would not want to consider any of you're future opinions. Sad some people will agree with what you said. They fixed 360 ver and oh you made up you're mind. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Yeah its my honest opinion that I'm sticking by, I've watched actual gameplay on it and seen and read a ton of reviews on it, much like I do with a bunch of games. I simply don't have money to buy every single game that comes out, so for me to decide if the game is worth the money, I wait for reviews. Much like your everyday CAG would do. So sorry if my opinion offended you, it's just my opinion, I didn't say it was a fact, it's just my opinion...

Framerate issues + freezing issues on the PS3 version when playing co-op with a buddy of mine from PSN/CAG means I'll likely wait on this one and see if they actually patch it if it's a glitchy pos like the first one was.

If it turns out to be as bad as the first one, then Deep Silver can suck a big, fat veiny one for all I care unless they patch it to where it's no longer glitchy as fuck. I'm not gonna risk nerfing my PS3 because some developer is too lazy to fix the issues in their game. As it stands I had about 10 or so hard freezes with my PS3 while playing the co-op multiplayer version over PSN. I'm not going through that shit again.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Honest opinion? Sorry but people that mock something without playing a game just shows you are someone i would not want to consider any of you're future opinions. Sad some people will agree with what you said. They fixed 360 ver and oh you made up you're mind. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

^ This! :applause:

Looking forward to the sequel/expansion/whatever this is and btw, the GOTY version of Dead Island is available at Red Box right now for those who would like to play it.

Honestly, if I would've had to play the game by myself, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. Playing it with three other friends though made it an absolute blast. I could look past the glitches and stuff because 1.) I thoroughly enjoy zombie games and 2.) I loved the weapon system. There were quite a few things that needed polishing, but I had fun nonetheless.

[quote name='nbr2son']I enjoyed and completed the game a couple months ago on PS3. I can't recall any technical issues people are talking about. Maybe they were too minor for me to remember back then(?) Anyhow, can't wait for Riptide.[/QUOTE]

Only issue I had was problems joining my friends game and one guy who drove the jeep into a tree and left. Missed us off because we had to walk back to grab another. Overall a solid game if you have someone to play it with.

Well all opinions aside it is a fact they released a patch that took call of MANY of the tech and balancing issues people had with the game. I am liking what I have played so far.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well all opinions aside it is a fact they released a patch that took call of MANY of the tech and balancing issues people had with the game. I am liking what I have played so far.[/QUOTE]
You mean THIS patch:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-dead-island-ps3-360-patch-date-and-details

I can verify for a fact that the weapons switching when you use a health drink/medkit still DO happen and actually my friend and I who played co-op had it switch us to bare fists in the middle of a battle before.

So that patch just created MORE problems or didn't really fix some of the existing ones.

I can tell you for certain that if the patch improved stability while playing online with others it certainly was not noticeable to my friend and I. :whistle2:#

Dead Island is perfectly fine now on all consoles, nice and patched. Sure I had many issues with PS3 version when it first released, but not anymore. It's fine and cheap now.

That's how I am with people who describe games using "hella."

[quote name='Zaku77']It's perfectly fine. Quests glitch and saves corrupt and delete. It's perfect now! lol[/QUOTE]
After playing on pc with friends, I re-purchased Dead Island GOTY on ps3 around July 17 from Best Buy. I still have it sealed but I'm a couple of days outside of Best Buy's 30 day return period. I didn't know that the ps3 version was so screwed up until now, and the game has been sitting in my backlog. I don't want to risk any damage to my ps3.

Do you guys think that I can return Dead Island GOTY (brand new and still factory sealed) to Best Buy on the grounds that it is defective?

How the crap are you going to damage your PS3 with it? I'm playing it right now, albeit on 360, and it's perfectly playable. It just a hiccup here and there.

[quote name='Zaku77']How the crap are you going to damage your PS3 with it? I'm playing it right now, albeit on 360, and it's perfectly playable. It just a hiccup here and there.[/QUOTE]
I refuse to play games that continually crash my ps3 (socom confrontation, fallout 3, etc). I don't want a hard drive failure, overheating cpu, etc.
Some games on ps3 are such a mess that it just isn't worth the risk. I can deal with buggy games but it sounds like this one is actually defective.

[quote name='PublikDefender']After playing on pc with friends, I re-purchased Dead Island GOTY on ps3 around July 17 from Best Buy. I still have it sealed but I'm a couple of days outside of Best Buy's 30 day return period. I didn't know that the ps3 version was so screwed up until now, and the game has been sitting in my backlog. I don't want to risk any damage to my ps3.

Do you guys think that I can return Dead Island GOTY (brand new and still factory sealed) to Best Buy on the grounds that it is defective? [/QUOTE]

Honestly, that's a huge YYMV. They could be cool about it and let you return it, or they can tell you to kick rocks and to speak with the manufacturer/ developer for your return. It all depends on who you get.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Yeah its my honest opinion that I'm sticking by, I've watched actual gameplay on it and seen and read a ton of reviews on it, much like I do with a bunch of games. I simply don't have money to buy every single game that comes out, so for me to decide if the game is worth the money, I wait for reviews. Much like your everyday CAG would do. So sorry if my opinion offended you, it's just my opinion, I didn't say it was a fact, it's just my opinion...[/QUOTE]
I give up you're opinion is based off of watching gameplay and reading other opinions. I will not even mock you it is pointless... enjoy watching and reading other people's opinions and missing out on some gems.

bread's done
Back