Dragon's Dogma (PS3/360) = $39.99 at Best Buy.com

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']$20 down, $20 more to go.[/QUOTE]wishful thinking for some reason this has been holding above $50 for longer than expected. I might bite if I can work something in to get the $10 savings code, still would have till end of october to match a cheaper price.:whistle2:k

I'm holding out for the version that will feature all the DLC. It's a CAPCOM game, right? I'm guessing it'll be inevitable. While I liked the demo, I didn't think this was anything worth running out to get. People I know who've played the game enjoyed it, so perhaps it'll be on my summer backlog for next year.

[quote name='Raye']I'm holding out for the version that will feature all the DLC. It's a CAPCOM game, right? I'm guessing it'll be inevitable. While I liked the demo, I didn't think this was anything worth running out to get. People I know who've played the game enjoyed it, so perhaps it'll be on my summer backlog for next year.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but by their own admission they want this to be a flagship franchise for them, so it seems inevitable.

I really do want to play this, and I'd have gone for $40 2 months ago, but now I've got so much to play that I may as well wait it out.

[quote name='Raye']I'm holding out for the version that will feature all the DLC. It's a CAPCOM game, right? I'm guessing it'll be inevitable. While I liked the demo, I didn't think this was anything worth running out to get. People I know who've played the game enjoyed it, so perhaps it'll be on my summer backlog for next year.[/QUOTE]It no longer matters if it's a capcom game or not the GOTY strategy is being p/u'd by damn near everyone & b/c it's profitable it'll be here to stay. I'm ok with it I guess if there's enuf DLC to warrant a GOTY.

My way around overpaying is to max deal the vanilla copy & be ahead of the curve for a trade in or CL sale. Then I can easily wait for the GOTY to hit the $20ish sweet spot since I've already enjoyed the main course. If you do it right you're outta pocket cost will be around $45 or less.

Good deal on a new copy. I already got a used/practically new copy from gohastings a couple weeks ago for $30 and am still playing the game. I like it as a nice substitute till a new Monster Hunter game arrives. Capcom is taking this whole "gather materials" bit a little too far. Just too many things to combine now-a-days lol.

The game still trades into Amazon at almost $30 still so if anything it would be a $10 rental. By all means try the demo though and if you don't like the gameplay, dont't bother with the game.

This game is surprisingly retaining its value. I didn't know it was going to be such a huge success but I always like to see new ip succeed. It might be a while before Dragon Dogma drop in price, this is a good deal.

I got it for $55 used at GS and returned it in the week... The boss fights were epic but the fucking travel system of you walking everywhere and the damn pawns not shutting up really pissed me off enough to not keep it... Maybe for $20 at most.

Got it for $50 on release at BB and plat'ed it in less then 2 weeks. While short it is well worth 39.99 not because it is the best looking game out there but because of the game play. Gfx are PS2 like at times so if you are expecting this gen Gfx wait and see if Capcom will put some effort into that dept. in the sequal. My 2 cents.

I really want this. But I already own Skyrim, finished the main story line, and haven't downloaded Dawngaurd yet, and I have The Witcher 2, but I haven't even opened it yet.

Already owned this and put about 15 hours into it. So tempted but I just bought war in the north for 4 bucks. I'm hoping we get a gcu coupon next month.

Wow, it took three months but the game finally dropped in price. Last time I saw that happen was Skyrim. Go try the new demo if you're on the fence (PS3 only) because it includes the entire intro, character creation, and you can use your save in the full game if you end up buying it. Definitely my GOTY, hands down.

Still hoping they add a hard mode soon so I can start the game over. When you're level 100+, you're pretty much invincible.

Me, too, hoping for the Gamer's Coupon that is. I would like to be able to pick this up for $10 like Kingdom of Amalur, which just a fantastic game really.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Already owned this and put about 15 hours into it. So tempted but I just bought war in the north for 4 bucks. I'm hoping we get a gcu coupon next month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The difficulty spikes in this game are ridiculous. The fighting was solid though. You should rent this one if you're unsure about it.[/QUOTE]

Quite honestly, I found the difficulty concerns to be a complete non-issue and am still puzzled by it. It didn't take long to be able to handle the enemies fine wherever I went. Just don't go wandering off early in the game until you do some of the beginning quests and you'll be fine. I would not let difficulty concerns keep you from getting this game at all.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The difficulty spikes in this game are ridiculous. The fighting was solid though. You should rent this one if you're unsure about it.[/QUOTE]
They added an easy mode (or should I say girlfriend mode :lol:) so that's no longer an excuse. Everyone should just buy it now so they can experience the pawn system/UR-Dragon with an active community.

[quote name='Jodou']They added an easy mode (or should I say girlfriend mode :lol:) so that's no longer an excuse. Everyone should just buy it now so they can experience the pawn system/UR-Dragon with an active community.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I call it baby mode. This game retained its value because it is surprisingly a great game. I have more fun with this than I did with Skyrim. Its not as pretty but it is just an overall better game. A steal at $40.

Well that's great. Got it last Monday for full price at the store. >:\ I wonder if I'm able to get a price match and get the sale price for it.

[quote name='outerfox']Well that's great. Got it last Monday for full price at the store. >:\ I wonder if I'm able to get a price match and get the sale price for it.[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the receipt? Just buy a new copy for $40 and return it using your old receipt.

[quote name='outerfox']Well that's great. Got it last Monday for full price at the store. >:\ I wonder if I'm able to get a price match and get the sale price for it.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Best Buy has a 30 day window for price matching. Just bring your receipt to the customer service desk.

[quote name='henryVIII']Do you still have the receipt? Just buy a new copy for $40 and return it using your old receipt.[/QUOTE]

Completely not necessary, see above.

Hmm just got a coupon from best buy for buy 2 get one free on new games 40 bucks or above. So this game and two more....any suggestions guys? preferably all 3 of them 40 or so.

Oh! on the side note this game is eligible for that buy $50 worth of game and get $10 coupon via email.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is it true there's no fast travel in this game?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to play the game but from what I understand yes and no. There is no unlimited at-will fast travel like Skyrim or other large world RPG's. There is a way to fast travel but from what I've heard you have to pay gold to do it and it's so expensive that it's not worth it.

I always have to laugh at the people who complain about there being no fast travel system or the difficulty... so the game doesn't hold your hand, go play something that does.

Friend of mine gave me Syndicate, who said it sucked... he was right, so I returned it and got Dragon's Dogma for $20 ($40 total), at GameStop's sale, and haven't been disappointed since. Lack of a traditional fast travel system is fine by me 'cuz I never pass up a fight since the combat is so fun, great graphics and animation, well realized and populated world, awesome story and the deep pawn system has me hooked.

This is one game I would have gladly paid full price for... its truly a breath of fresh air after Skyrim.

But hey, to those that complain about it... just a heads up, maybe you should try Skyrim. That game kind of holds your hand with its fast travel, adjustable difficulty and ability to control night/day cycles.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Hmm just got a coupon from best buy for buy 2 get one free on new games 40 bucks or above. So this game and two more....any suggestions guys? preferably all 3 of them 40 or so.

Oh! on the side note this game is eligible for that buy $50 worth of game and get $10 coupon via email.[/QUOTE]

Aww man. Why did you bring that up. Now I might actually have to get it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is it true there's no fast travel in this game?[/QUOTE]
Late in the game you will gain access to a port crystal which will let you ferrystone to wherever you drop it. After you beat the game and start a new one, you can buy them for 200k gold each up to a max of 10. Basically you can fast travel to all the key spots once you've worked for it, the way it should be IMO. Too many games like Skyrim get boring fast because you just fast travel everywhere you've been instead of enjoying the journey. This game is just perfectly balanced enough that you don't really need it right away, kind of like how Oblivion was with the castle being at a centralized location.

[quote name='wolverine81']I've got a couple Gamestop giftcards to use. Any chance Gamestop would PM this?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, Gamestop will never price match.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'll get this eventually but $40 is still too much.[/QUOTE]

I rarely even spend $20 on a game anymore (Borderlands 2 Loot Chest aside :D), but from the sound of it, this will be one I'll drop $20 on when it gets there...hopefully by Black Friday if not early next year or sometime. Sucks Gamestop is still pimping this one used at $54.99, I have plenty of credit there and a 20% off coupon they sent me for my birthday, but that doesn't get it down to where I want.

to Jodou who wishes for a hard mode, did you try any of the DLC? There is a ton of it, aren't some of them extra quests and challenges? I figured they would make something hard for end game....

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']to Jodou who wishes for a hard mode, did you try any of the DLC? There is a ton of it, aren't some of them extra quests and challenges? I figured they would make something hard for end game....[/QUOTE]
The only DLC I saw was more notice board quests, which I believe are just more useless tasks of killing/collecting X of Y. Might be great for leveling, but as for a challenge -- I shit on everything in the game no problem lol. There is an endgame raid boss, which requires large chunks of able players in the community to down. He's not hard if you have a good strat but it's asynchronous gameplay so you have to survive 10 minute rounds with him to get credit when he does die. I've killed him offline and online, so as far as challenge goes I've beat the game.

A hard mode would be more for me to start all over again because I'd like a new challenge.

[quote name='dvgamer']From what I've heard, Gamestop will never price match.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was guessing, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

[quote name='Cpt.Jeff']This is only at their site? Or can you pick it up in stores for that price?[/QUOTE]

Both.

[quote name='Jodou']The only DLC I saw was more notice board quests, which I believe are just more useless tasks of killing/collecting X of Y. Might be great for leveling, but as for a challenge -- I shit on everything in the game no problem lol. There is an endgame raid boss, which requires large chunks of able players in the community to down. He's not hard if you have a good strat but it's asynchronous gameplay so you have to survive 10 minute rounds with him to get credit when he does die. I've killed him offline and online, so as far as challenge goes I've beat the game.

A hard mode would be more for me to start all over again because I'd like a new challenge.[/QUOTE]

You killed him offline and online? There's an online mode?

bread's done
Back