- - - - -

Dragon's Dogma (PS3/360) = $39.99 at Best Buy.com

#31 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

I gave in. I exchanged my copy of Starhawk I haven't opened yet for Dragons Dogma.

#32 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hmm just got a coupon from best buy for buy 2 get one free on new games 40 bucks or above. So this game and two more....any suggestions guys? preferably all 3 of them 40 or so.

Oh! on the side note this game is eligible for that buy $50 worth of game and get $10 coupon via email.

#33 The Carrot Cake Kid   Luvs Creamy Frosting CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

The Carrot Cake Kid

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Is it true there's no fast travel in this game?

I have yet to play the game but from what I understand yes and no. There is no unlimited at-will fast travel like Skyrim or other large world RPG's. There is a way to fast travel but from what I've heard you have to pay gold to do it and it's so expensive that it's not worth it.
Posted Image

#34 Azuvidexus   @azuvidexus CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Azuvidexus

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hoping for an Amazon PM, going to submit it.

#35 Drkr_Zen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Drkr_Zen

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I always have to laugh at the people who complain about there being no fast travel system or the difficulty... so the game doesn't hold your hand, go play something that does.

Friend of mine gave me Syndicate, who said it sucked... he was right, so I returned it and got Dragon's Dogma for $20 ($40 total), at GameStop's sale, and haven't been disappointed since. Lack of a traditional fast travel system is fine by me 'cuz I never pass up a fight since the combat is so fun, great graphics and animation, well realized and populated world, awesome story and the deep pawn system has me hooked.

This is one game I would have gladly paid full price for... its truly a breath of fresh air after Skyrim.

But hey, to those that complain about it... just a heads up, maybe you should try Skyrim. That game kind of holds your hand with its fast travel, adjustable difficulty and ability to control night/day cycles.

#36 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hmm just got a coupon from best buy for buy 2 get one free on new games 40 bucks or above. So this game and two more....any suggestions guys? preferably all 3 of them 40 or so.

Oh! on the side note this game is eligible for that buy $50 worth of game and get $10 coupon via email.

Aww man. Why did you bring that up. Now I might actually have to get it.

#37 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Is it true there's no fast travel in this game?

Late in the game you will gain access to a port crystal which will let you ferrystone to wherever you drop it. After you beat the game and start a new one, you can buy them for 200k gold each up to a max of 10. Basically you can fast travel to all the key spots once you've worked for it, the way it should be IMO. Too many games like Skyrim get boring fast because you just fast travel everywhere you've been instead of enjoying the journey. This game is just perfectly balanced enough that you don't really need it right away, kind of like how Oblivion was with the castle being at a centralized location.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#38 wolverine81   Mmm Mmm Bitch! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

wolverine81

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

I've got a couple Gamestop giftcards to use. Any chance Gamestop would PM this?

#39 zyk  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

I've got a couple Gamestop giftcards to use. Any chance Gamestop would PM this?

From what I've heard, Gamestop will never price match.

#40 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'll get this eventually but $40 is still too much.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#41 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4485 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'll get this eventually but $40 is still too much.

I rarely even spend $20 on a game anymore (Borderlands 2 Loot Chest aside :D), but from the sound of it, this will be one I'll drop $20 on when it gets there...hopefully by Black Friday if not early next year or sometime. Sucks Gamestop is still pimping this one used at $54.99, I have plenty of credit there and a 20% off coupon they sent me for my birthday, but that doesn't get it down to where I want.

#42 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

to Jodou who wishes for a hard mode, did you try any of the DLC? There is a ton of it, aren't some of them extra quests and challenges? I figured they would make something hard for end game....
Posted Image

#43 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

to Jodou who wishes for a hard mode, did you try any of the DLC? There is a ton of it, aren't some of them extra quests and challenges? I figured they would make something hard for end game....

The only DLC I saw was more notice board quests, which I believe are just more useless tasks of killing/collecting X of Y. Might be great for leveling, but as for a challenge -- I shit on everything in the game no problem lol. There is an endgame raid boss, which requires large chunks of able players in the community to down. He's not hard if you have a good strat but it's asynchronous gameplay so you have to survive 10 minute rounds with him to get credit when he does die. I've killed him offline and online, so as far as challenge goes I've beat the game.

A hard mode would be more for me to start all over again because I'd like a new challenge.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#44 wolverine81   Mmm Mmm Bitch! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

wolverine81

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

From what I've heard, Gamestop will never price match.

That's what I was guessing, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

#45 Cpt.Jeff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

This is only at their site? Or can you pick it up in stores for that price?

#46 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

This is only at their site? Or can you pick it up in stores for that price?

Both.

#47 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

The only DLC I saw was more notice board quests, which I believe are just more useless tasks of killing/collecting X of Y. Might be great for leveling, but as for a challenge -- I shit on everything in the game no problem lol. There is an endgame raid boss, which requires large chunks of able players in the community to down. He's not hard if you have a good strat but it's asynchronous gameplay so you have to survive 10 minute rounds with him to get credit when he does die. I've killed him offline and online, so as far as challenge goes I've beat the game.

A hard mode would be more for me to start all over again because I'd like a new challenge.

You killed him offline and online? There's an online mode?

#48 The Carrot Cake Kid   Luvs Creamy Frosting CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

The Carrot Cake Kid

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Amazon now has it for 39.99

#49 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

This is one of those rare games I paid $60 for and haven't regretted it. I've sank over 80 hours into this one. Definitely worth $40!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#50 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11998 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

You killed him offline and online? There's an online mode?

Yes, it's the only boss you can kill as a community online as I stated. You'd have to specifically turn off online in order to face him offline, but he drops less gear doing that. It typically takes two days to kill him online but you are rewarded based on participation, so your loot will sit there until you pick it up after he dies.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#51 Pheee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Any suggestions to bump this up to $50 to get another $10 gift card, and does it have to be pre tax or after tax amount of $50?

#52 darkvulture   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

darkvulture

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

its going to be easy pre order madden 13 get the $20 in points back and do in store pickup and get $10 back ...madden for $30

and then price match when it going on sale . wow bestbuy no wonder your bleeding money
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#53 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

its going to be easy pre order madden 13 get the $20 in points back and do in store pickup and get $10 back ...madden for $30

and then price match when it going on sale . wow bestbuy no wonder your bleeding money

What does that have to do with his question about adding something to Dragon's Dogma to get the $10 back?

#54 Pheee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Any suggestions to bump this up to $50 to get another $10 gift card, and does it have to be pre tax or after tax amount of $50?

Ok I sorted it out, and bumped up my order, basically a free $10 item isnt bad.

#55 Azuvidexus   @azuvidexus CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Azuvidexus

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Amazon now has it for 39.99

Yeah, Amazon price matched!

#56 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38540 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Finally! I was just thinking about this (again) today and how it hasn't been on sale anywhere. Going to go grab it!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#57 Version3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Version3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Finally going to sink in a little of my life into this game, had some left over credit at BB and was a no brainer for me.

#58 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

is this just until Sunday, or is it a permanent price drop? I will definitely wait if its permanent

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#59 aaronrodgers   Yo...Siggy, Phido! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

aaronrodgers

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

is this just until Sunday, or is it a permanent price drop? I will definitely wait if its permanent

^_^x KD

It's MSRP is still 60 dollars, it was just a sale at Best Buy which was price matched at amazon.

So if you want it for 40, I'd suggest picking it up asap. The game is wonderful, hope you get it soon.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#60 warboss zorbag   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

warboss zorbag

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Im an RPG fanatic , and surprised I managed to put this off this long..

Picked it up last night, and I love it.

great combat, shit story.