Max Payne 3 - $30 off for Best Buy GCU members ($20 for RZ)

Forsvaine

CAGiversary!
From now to September 1st, Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360 and PS3) is $20 off for Best Buy Reward Zone members (or $30 off if you have Gamers Club Unlocked). That'll bring it to down $30-$40 at Best Buy. This does not affect PC copies, if the page is to be taken at face value.

To get the discount, click "Claim This Offer" on the page, then use your Reward Zone membership number when buying the game. You can also get this offer with an iPhone or Android by downloading the Best Buy Mobile App.

As per usual, you cannot redeem this discount on the website. In-store only.

Redeem it at this site, under "Gamers Club" > "Gamers Club Offers".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Forsvaine']From now to September 1st, Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360 and PS3) is $20 off for Best Buy members. That'll bring it to down $40 at Best Buy. This does not affect PC copies, if the page is to be taken at face value.

To get the discount, click "Claim This Offer" on the page, then use your Reward Zone membership number when buying the game. You can also get this offer with an iPhone or Android by downloading the Best Buy Mobile App.

As per usual, you cannot redeem this discount on the website. In-store only.[/QUOTE]

*edit* Seems things got sorted out, great deal!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Link is broken, and FYI it's $30 off.[/QUOTE]

Actually you're wrong, it is $20. And the link isn't broken. You have to log in to check the Reward Zone offers, but it works if you are logged in.

EDIT: Disregard this; he's half-right. Gamers Club Unlocked members get a $30 discount, but anyone else gets $20.

[quote name='Forsvaine']Actually you're wrong, it is $20. And the link isn't broken. You have to log in to check the Reward Zone offers, but it works if you are logged in.[/QUOTE]

NuclearPorkchop isn't wrong. I checked mine and its $30 off!!!

Are you and unlocked member?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Must be $30 off for GCU members and $20 for regular GC members.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah, that's the problem then. I remember that situation with Modern Warfare 3. I'll edit the post.

[quote name='Bumslie']NuclearPorkchop isn't wrong. I checked mine and its $30 off!!!

Are you and unlocked member?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I am not. Which explains the confusion. You can hardly blame me; I don't see why Best Buy wouldn't display the $30 discount for those who aren't GCU on the offer page. It seems like good promotion.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Would this work for the PS3 Collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

If it did, that would have probably been listed. So I doubt it.

[quote name='Forsvaine']Actually you're wrong, it is $20. And the link isn't broken. You have to log in to check the Reward Zone offers, but it works if you are logged in.

EDIT: Disregard this; he's half-right. Gamers Club Unlocked members get a $30 discount, but anyone else gets $20.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, didn't think about GCU vs Normal Gamers Club. Anyways, the link redirects to a "Sorry, this page cannot be displayed" message. I am logged in though, and after navigating to the deal's page manually, the URL is the same so IDK what the problem is. Probably just be an issue with javascript or something.

Waiting for this to go on sale for a super deal. Never seen a Rockstar game drop down in value so fast.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Ah yeah, didn't think about GCU vs Normal Gamers Club. Anyways, the link redirects to a "Sorry, this page cannot be displayed" message. I am logged in though, and after navigating to the deal's page manually, the URL is the same so IDK what the problem is. Probably just be an issue with javascript or something.[/QUOTE]

I'll post the Reward Zone homepage link, just to stay on the safe side.

I know the SKUs are listed on the coupon, but I wonder if they'd still accept it on the Special Edition since it's reportedly ringing up for $34.99 in-store. My store is showing it's available for pickup today, so they apparently have it and I'd grab it in a heartbeat for $14.99.

Good deal.

I used the rz $20 off a little while ago, and enjoyed this game very much. No brainer for me here.

Just downloaded the app & the coupon is there. I'll Probably wait until next week & see if a DOTD might happen. Thanks Forsvaine for the info.

Yeah but u guys waiting for a deal on the game i thought it didnt stack on sale items. It takes it off MSRP. Still 10 cheaper if ur unlocked and didnt get it for 20 off last promo.

Yea the $30 is taken off of REGULAR price, so even if were to go on sale for $40 this week, this coupon would NOT stack with it. Unless the MSRP dropped.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Yea the $30 is taken off of REGULAR price, so even if were to go on sale for $40 this week, this coupon would NOT stack with it. Unless the MSRP dropped.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I have used these RWZ coupons before on the Turtle Beach X12's and Modern Warfare 3 when they were on sale, so it can be stacked but YMMV depending on the person who rings you up.

[quote name='Dund3r']Not necessarily. I have used these RWZ coupons before on the Turtle Beach X12's and Modern Warfare 3 when they were on sale, so it can be stacked but YMMV depending on the person who rings you up.[/QUOTE]

yea, going to wait to see if the msrp price drops farther to stack it

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Just in case anyone was wondering there is no online pass.[/QUOTE]

It's a new copy, so the only setback would be having to put it in.

What do you know? A game that's good enough to sell on its own merits without relying on killing used sales.

[quote name='gundamb0i']Let's hope it drops, So I can get it for 10 bucks or free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']hope this goes on sale last week of august[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy'] I'll Probably wait until next week & see if a DOTD might happen. Thanks Forsvaine for the info.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for waiting to see if it goes on sale. I'm tempted, and with no single player DLC there won't be a need for me to hold out for the Complete Edition.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah but u guys waiting for a deal on the game i thought it didnt stack on sale items. It takes it off MSRP. Still 10 cheaper if ur unlocked and didnt get it for 20 off last promo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Yea the $30 is taken off of REGULAR price, so even if were to go on sale for $40 this week, this coupon would NOT stack with it. Unless the MSRP dropped.[/QUOTE]

Shucks

[quote name='Dund3r']Not necessarily. I have used these RWZ coupons before on the Turtle Beach X12's and Modern Warfare 3 when they were on sale, so it can be stacked but YMMV depending on the person who rings you up.[/QUOTE]

I'll hold off till next week. Worst thing that can happen is they'll say no.

I knew when I said this game has $19.99 written all over it within 3-6 months. I've actually seen it for $34.99 and i'm holding off for the Complete Edition.

target has mp3 for 42 bucks this week. so have bb to price it, and double dip with the voucher and get the game for 12 bucks ? worth the try ?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']target has mp3 for 42 bucks this week. so have bb to price it, and double dip with the voucher and get the game for 12 bucks ? worth the try ?[/QUOTE]

If thats possible I will be buying this game again.

Was gonna wait for a complete edition before rebuy but cant beat 12 bucks.

This is what I get at BB RZ:

Save $20 on Max Payne 3

Max Payne returns in São Paulo, Brazil. Alone in an unfamiliar city, Max fights his way out in the latest installment from Rockstar Games. For Xbox 360 and PS3.
Offer expires: 09/01/2012

To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone member number at purchase.

[quote name='dax93']This is what I get at BB RZ:

Save $20 on Max Payne 3

Max Payne returns in São Paulo, Brazil. Alone in an unfamiliar city, Max fights his way out in the latest installment from Rockstar Games. For Xbox 360 and PS3.

To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone member number at purchase.[/QUOTE]

That looks right. You don't have Gamers Club Unlimited, so your discount is $20 instead of $10. It's what I saw on the page.

[quote name='dax93']This is what I get at BB RZ:

Save $20 on Max Payne 3

To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone member number at purchase.[/QUOTE]

Are you unlocked? 20 for RZ members and 30 for GCU members.

Yet ANOTHER reason to be a member if not already...

[quote name='lostdecoy']I wonder if it'll work for the clearance Collectors Edition for 360 that is already $35...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='myiamoto']Does it not work with a Preowned copy?[/QUOTE]

Both the "Special Edition" and pre-owned copies of the game have different SKUs, so no. As far as I can tell, RZ offers like this only affect new copies of games.

You could probably all expect a Complete Edition to be released eventually, knowing 2K. They even did it with Mafia II. But if you don't mind that and can't wait any longer to buy the game, go right ahead.

[quote name='kilik64']Are you unlocked? 20 for RZ members and 30 for GCU members.

Yet ANOTHER reason to be a member if not already...[/QUOTE]

It definitely pays for itself at $14.99 a year, if you're willing to seize more than one or two RZ offers.

EDIT: I just looked at the price tracker. Amazon.com is offering the game for the same price you'd get with the RZ offer. If you don't have RZ, you might want to consider Amazon instead, unless you prefer Best Buy over Amazon.

[quote name='kilik64']Are you unlocked? 20 for RZ members and 30 for GCU members.

Yet ANOTHER reason to be a member if not already...[/QUOTE]

I never really saw the point in upgrading when it first came out, but I think it's about time. I'm going to sign up when I hit the store in a half hour. It seems like it's more than worth it.

Wow even after people bitched to BBY about this promo not being for PC last time they run it again and still exclude PC. I really starting to hate Best Buy. Doesn't help I haven't been able to issue my own reward certs since February either.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Can I use this with my welcome package buy 2 new games get one free?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but don't quote me on that. I don't know if it would stack with other sales; all I know is that @Gamer magazine coupons do. Not sure about RZ. If anyone knows better, please correct me on that.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']Max Payne 3 :)ps3:,:360:,:pc:) - $41.99
so it would be $11. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

That's Target's sale price this week, not Best Buy's.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']Max Payne 3 :)ps3:,:360:,:pc:) - $41.99
so it would be $11. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be bad, if that actually was Best Buy's price. The site lists $59.99, unfortunately.

[quote name='Forsvaine']It wouldn't be bad, if that actually was Best Buy's price. The site lists $59.99, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Maybe It takes time for the price to change.

bread's done
Back