The Last Story limited edition (art book+cd) in stock @ newegg

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you not get the artbook & CD if you order from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

You may, but Newegg specifically states it in the item listing, and even includes it in the picture. All the other retailers (amazon, best buy, walmart, gamestop) removed mention of the artbook and cd from their listings after the release date so i'm not sure if they are still included or not. If anyone can confirm that shipments beyond the first include the extras, please share!

[quote name='FQRizzo']Heads up to anyone ordering this from Newegg: My pre-order came in a bubble mailer and was mangled.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard good things about Newegg's handling for Collector's Edition game boxes like these :p

[quote name='Drclaw411']You may, but Newegg specifically states it in the item listing, and even includes it in the picture. All the other retailers (amazon, best buy, walmart, gamestop) removed mention of the artbook and cd from their listings after the release date so i'm not sure if they are still included or not. If anyone can confirm that shipments beyond the first include the extras, please share![/QUOTE]

Just placed an order yesterday am from amazon. Product description mentions the artbook, cd and box, and shows all three in one of the 8 product images. Saw physical copies of the "limited" edition at Best Buy b&m as well yesterday.

The official product description also states that "all launch copies" are shipped this way, so if a retailer is selling the game it should come with the artbook, cd and box (for now at least).

[quote name='RobotSimp']FYI, the 5+ copies at Fry's yesterday did not include the CD[/QUOTE]
They were stripped by employees

All versions are complete

Guess I got lucky from Newegg, my pre-order was also in a bubbler and was still intact.

Wish I could say the same for my Darksiders II collectors edition from THQ... :(

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They were stripped by employees

All versions are complete[/QUOTE]

If that's true about employees stripping the game that's all kinds of crappy.

thelaststorywii.com/
The special edition section details the bonuses for the US. All launch copies get the book and box, select retailers (amazon, gamestop) get 7 track cd.

[quote name='shivan128']I got mine from newegg on friday... came in a bubble mailer and crushed. :( Lesson learned, no more CE's from newegg.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty good with large CEs. Like the one with statues. Gears, Skyrim, MP3, etc. They ship them in a large box. Though IIRC, they didn't have any protection so it was box on box. Luckily the CEs have their own protective foam inside.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They were stripped by employees

All versions are complete[/QUOTE]

That's just plain incorrect and you need to stop spreading misinformation. Not every retailer got the CD and some that did like Amazon had it shrinkwrapped to the outside of the package while Gamestop was sent them separately and had to hand you one upon pick-up. The box and artbook are the only things that were standard for all retailers.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's just plain incorrect and you need to stop spreading misinformation. Not every retailer got the CD and some that did like Amazon had it shrinkwrapped to the outside of the package while Gamestop was sent them separately and had to hand you one upon pick-up. The box and artbook are the only things that were standard for all retailers.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this.

Picked up my copy of the CD Wednesday before my GS even had the game.

Like others have said already, don't order this from Newegg and expect it to come in mint. More than likely you will have some level of damage to your collector's packaging. I ordered Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and the box was completely destroyed. I can't understand why they use boxes for some people, and bubble mailers for others.

Anyone aware of any B&M places that might have CD + artbook aside from Gamestop? My understanding is that all first run copies have the oversized case and artbook, but that the CD was pre-order only.

I'd have gone with Newegg if it weren't for the horror stories on shipping.

Whew, I just got off the phone from a BBY rep and he said they have 4 copies of the LE with the artbook and cd.will pick it up today after work,also is there anyplace at the moment that sells them below 49.99?

I recall seeing the big box (so likely had artbook) at Best Buy but didn't see any CD. now I was just walking by so didn't pick it up to see if CD was on the back. my Amazon copy has the CD in the front of the box, blocking part of the picture.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Like others have said already, don't order this from Newegg and expect it to come in mint. More than likely you will have some level of damage to your collector's packaging.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed.

Although, I'm trying not to complain too hard, since Newegg had a great pre-order price for this. ($37.99)

Ah well, I love Newegg, but I have to learn to avoid them when it comes to collector's items. I'll probably start going to b&m stores for my CE's to inspect them personally.

sent this in a damn bubble envelope - the corners and spine were smashed.

was able to put in a replacement order through CSR - they usually send me things in mint condition, whether it be games or computer parts

For what it's worth, I just received my copy from Newegg 15 minutes ago, and it's in perfect condition. It *was* sent in a bubble mailer, however, so I'm probably just one of the lucky ones.

I received my copy today from Newegg. It was packaged in a bubble mailer and all corners are bent. It is nowhere near mint condition but still better than buying a gutted game at Gamestop with stickers and imperfections all over the case.

I can vouch for newegg and say my copy arrived in perfect condition, though the packaging does leave it open to damage.

My copy came in the mail today. I'm questioning buying a second copy to keep and resell down the line if i ever need the cash.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone think this will be rare in 6 months?[/QUOTE]
very possible. although it's nearly IMpossible to tell so early on, the hype due to the initial operation rainfall coverage, and the fact that very few stores received many copies, means that it could sell out and be difficult to find very soon. at the very least, i doubt reprints will be collectors editions and all, so in that regard the initial prints will probably be worth something.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Ok so I just got back from BBY and the last copy had the art book and special case but NO CD :( . Guess I'm gonna order one from newegg[/QUOTE]

Looking at the newegg it looks like the cd is wrapped on the outside. Can someone confirm?

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Ok so I just got back from BBY and the last copy had the art book and special case but NO CD :( . Guess I'm gonna order one from newegg[/QUOTE]

Confirmed at my store also

[quote name='6er']Confirmed at my store also[/QUOTE]

it looks like a special edition being in the box and all. I traded ncaa 13 and got 42 bucks for it.

This turned out to be a nice package. With the $10 off discount that most of us got on Newegg this turned out to be a good deal.

[quote name='jkimrey']Pre-ordered from Amazon and it included the CD as well...[/QUOTE]

Same here. Mine came in a bubble mailer and everything looked fine.

Got mine from GS last Friday and the clerk didn't want to give me a CD. But he did mention to try to come back this week to pick one up for free if the pre-order guys didn't pick the game up. Is the CD worth it?

To those of you whose boxes were damaged and are exchanging them, how much damage was done to the box. Mine was also shipped in a bubble mailer :headache: and there's some minor damage to the edges, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an exchange?

[quote name='Roll']To those of you whose boxes were damaged and are exchanging them, how much damage was done to the box. Mine was also shipped in a bubble mailer :headache: and there's some minor damage to the edges, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an exchange?[/QUOTE]

Mine came in today (bubble mailer as well), and was pretty much perfect condition. Only thing it had was a small rip up at the top on the page part of the box (nothing visible on the front, back or spine), so no big deal to me. You have to just look at it and think if it is worth all the hassle of getting a new one shipped out. Also, consider would the next one get more damage on it then the one you currently have.

So I saved $10, got the CD, got the artbook, and game. I'm content with that.

I ordered 2 when it there was a $10 off code (was oos when the $12 code was around). everything was sent in a box (likely as I ordered 2) with foam peanuts (haven't seen these in a while as Newegg usually uses a lot of brown paper as padding).

one copy has a dent. the top part of the LE slipcover (on top looking down if the box were standing) is squished so that it is no longer nice and flat. this

so only Amazon and Newegg got the CD WITH the LE Box and Gamestop has the CD for preorders only?

Has anyone seen a non LE anywhere? I'm gonna pick up at Best Buy for a play copy. It should be the LE (probably no CD) as that's all I saw when I was at store last week.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I ordered 2 when it there was a $10 off code (was oos when the $12 code was around). everything was sent in a box (likely as I ordered 2) with foam peanuts (haven't seen these in a while as Newegg usually uses a lot of brown paper as padding).

one copy has a dent. the top part of the LE slipcover (on top looking down if the box were standing) is squished so that it is no longer nice and flat. this

so only Amazon and Newegg got the CD WITH the LE Box and Gamestop has the CD for preorders only?

Has anyone seen a non LE anywhere? I'm gonna pick up at Best Buy for a play copy. It should be the LE (probably no CD) as that's all I saw when I was at store last week.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 copies from Newegg as well, and mine came in a small box packed with peanuts. Both copies are mint.

I also picked up a play copy from Best Buy and can confirm there is no CD but the packaging and everything else is the same.

[quote name='Gators300']I ordered 2 copies from Newegg as well, and mine came in a small box packed with peanuts. Both copies are mint.

I also picked up a play copy from Best Buy and can confirm there is no CD but the packaging and everything else is the same.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't tell when I was at the store last week as the games were in those plastic containers, but was the LE box sealed?

what i found in my searching last weekend at 5 different stores:

-Gamestop and Best Buy are the only physical places I found it.
-Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us aren't selling it in-store (on Saturday all were sold out online. havent checked since.)

-Gamestop has CD's behind the counter if you're lucky. Best Buy had no CD's (and their plastic security cases dented the top of the box).

-2 of the 3 Gamestops I called were sold out because of low shipment.

bread's done
Back