Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3) $30 confirmed MSRP pre-order @ Amazon (and other retailers)

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
:360:http://www.amazon.com/Anarchy-Reign...qid=1345482445&sr=1-2&keywords=Anarchy+Reigns
:ps3:http://www.amazon.com/Anarchy-Reign...qid=1345482445&sr=1-1&keywords=Anarchy+Reigns (priced dropped to $29.99 on 10/19)

Finally, gamers in the West can get their hands on #AnarchyReigns Jan 8 in North America for $29.99 and Jan 11 in Europe for £19.99/€24.99!
https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/259312229944553472
Thanks to excellen for the info, $30 is the MSRP so you may want to cancel your orders and wait for a price below MSRP.

So a quick (and probably incomplete summary)
It has a new release date of January 8 (according to Amazon).

It's set to release March 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']Thanks OP! Amazon charges you once the game has been released correct?[/QUOTE]

If you're paying with a credit card, you won't be charged until it ships. If you're using a gift card balance, that amount will be set aside for the order.

This game is not worth even $30. I played the Japanese version at a friend's house and can say that the game gets old REALLY quick. It's ridiculously repetitive and even all the other characters don't offer enough variability in game play to make it worth-while. This is a renter at best.

If the pre-order price goes back up will Amazon still honor the $30 price? Is gamestop or amazon the better guarantee of getting it at $30?

i just ordered from amazon but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is? is this happening for everyone?

[quote name='PublikDefender']huh, i just ordered but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is?[/QUOTE]

you probably just had some random promotional credit from a previous order or something

[quote name='PublikDefender']i just ordered from amazon but a $5 promotion was applied and the total was only $24.99. any idea why that is? is this happening for everyone?[/QUOTE]

I had $5 applied because the release date for Epic Mickey slipped to a Sunday and wasn't eligible for RDD anymore. It could have been for any reason though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any idea which of the two platforms is preferable and might be the lead platform?[/QUOTE]
Bayonetta -xbox
Vanquish -ps3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -ps3
Anarchy Reigns my guess -ps3

[quote name='rpg']Bayonetta -xbox
Vanquish -ps3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -ps3
Anarchy Reigns my guess -ps3[/QUOTE]I remember well about the mess that was Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3. Not sure about why Vanquish was better on the PS3 vs 360, though a refresher wouldn't be a bad idea, as I remember it being pretty much a toss-up between the two consoles.

MGR: R was a given for PS3 over 360, so no worries there.

So this really is the new MSRP, guess I'm cancelling my GS preorder. Hate that the in store pick up preorder at GS cannot be cancelled online or by emailing CS.

For anyone wondering, the game isn't worth 30. The story is simply awful. The gameplay gets old fast. The platinum is short. Online is dying. etc.

[quote name='shrike4242']I remember well about the mess that was Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3. Not sure about why Vanquish was better on the PS3 vs 360, though a refresher wouldn't be a bad idea, as I remember it being pretty much a toss-up between the two consoles.

MGR: R was a given for PS3 over 360, so no worries there.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta was mess on the PS3 since Sega handled that version.After that Platinum made sure to make develop Vanquish themselves for the PS3

Frankly, if Sega is going to have the balls to delay the game by nearly a year just because, I should hope that I get it for a little cheaper. I've heard a few reasons, like Sega reorganizing their board of directors or something, but delaying it for so long just can't be excused IMO.

Especially when they're sitting on the localized versions. Seriously.

[quote name='Forsvaine']Frankly, if Sega is going to have the balls to delay the game by nearly a year just because, I should hope that I get it for a little cheaper. I've heard a few reasons, like Sega reorganizing their board of directors or something, but delaying it for so long just can't be excused IMO.

Especially when they're sitting on the localized versions. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is a nice price point. My guess is they delayed it so Japanese players didn't import our version instead, since it would be so much cheaper for them. P4: Arena region locked the game to prevent this.

[quote name='barrit']I agree, this is a nice price point. My guess is they delayed it so Japanese players didn't import our version instead, since it would be so much cheaper for them. P4: Arena region locked the game to prevent this.[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, then they shot themselves in the foot in the western market because they're delaying it for too long. Are they even marketing this game at all now? That's what worries me.

I was a little interested in this game, though. Has anyone here imported it and/or played it? Is it worth waiting on?

[quote name='Forsvaine']If that were the case, then they shot themselves in the foot in the western market because they're delaying it for too long. Are they even marketing this game at all now? That's what worries me.

I was a little interested in this game, though. Has anyone here imported it and/or played it? Is it worth waiting on?[/QUOTE]

I imported, platinumed and reviewed it (even posted my opinion earlier), so I can tell you it's not worth 30. The gameplay is fun at first, but it quickly gets old. The story is simply awful and doesn't even make a lot of sense. The campaign is only around 5 hours long. The platinum can be done in 3 days. Most of the side characters have virtually no role in the story. The game sold poorly, so the online is slowly dying.

@ Barrit

Not likely. The game was originally planned to sell for 60, so the delay has nothing to do with the new price point. If I was to take a guess, I would say that Sega has no faith in it. The demo was released around the time of E3 and it wasn't there. By a stark contrast they were giving away Hell Yeah! buttons, plus it had a 2+ hour long demo there. Additionally when you consider platinum games sells poorly here, they're not trying to market it AT ALL (Bayonetta wasn't even confirmed for preorder back when Japan was...) or anything at all. Being completely honest here, I can see them scraping it all together.

[quote name='Forsvaine']If that were the case, then they shot themselves in the foot in the western market because they're delaying it for too long. Are they even marketing this game at all now? That's what worries me.

I was a little interested in this game, though. Has anyone here imported it and/or played it? Is it worth waiting on?[/QUOTE]

I imported it. I thought it was pretty fun and had some interesting/funny characters. I've never played Mad World, so everyone was new to me. In story mode you are pretty limited in who you can play, but they also have a mission select option where you are able to choose any of the other characters for all of the stages (once you have cleared that particular stage in story mode). I liked the online mode, but it is hard to find a match. Given the time difference though, I doubt I'm ever on during peak hours for Japan. Like admiralvic said, I read the game didn't sell too well, so that doesn't help. None of the trophies were tied to online mode though, in case that matters to any of you.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any idea which of the two platforms is preferable and might be the lead platform?[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered it at Gamestop a few months ago, all the research I could scrape up online pointed to the PS3 version being the lead platform.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I still have to go to GameStop and cancel my pre-order. When does this game come out?[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too. I hope it's not too big of a hassle. Anyway, preordered on Amazon just to make sure to lock in the price. If it turns out $30 really is the MSRP, I may cancel it, haven't decided yet.

EDIT: I hate GameStop.

[quote name='TooPoor']^I have never picked up a preorder from GS, can I just *not* go to the store to pick it up when it releases?[/QUOTE]

When I called to try and cancel over the phone (a no-go) the guy said I could just not pick it up and I'd be ok since I didn't put any money down (ordered it online). However in the email confirmation I received it said that they have the authorization to charge my card $5 if I don't pick it up within 48 hours of release. So I kind of don't want that to happen.

[quote name='tylerh1701']When I called to try and cancel over the phone (a no-go) the guy said I could just not pick it up and I'd be ok since I didn't put any money down (ordered it online). However in the email confirmation I received it said that they have the authorization to charge my card $5 if I don't pick it up within 48 hours of release. So I kind of don't want that to happen.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, looks like I will have to go there next time I go catch a movie.

For those on the fence, I imported this game for a price total of $107.90 and I don't regret it for a second. I had so much fun playing the game. It may not be Platinum Games best, but it's still Platinum Games and it's still incredible. The only negative thing I can say about what I've played is that the online wasn't very populated, though that will (hopefully) be fixed with a worldwide release.

I also imported it (360) and really enjoyed the game. The guy that said online is dying, of course it is, its a jap import....

As for online orders through gamestop, the company can charge you the full amount to your CC if you dont pick it up. Usually they just charge the 5$, but ive had customers come in who got charged the whole thing for not picking up a game.

A flash drive and 10 minutes of googling is all you need to get the Jap demo of this that is fully in English on 360. Was enough to convince me to wait for $5 like Vanquish.

I DO like the sound of mission replay with all characters though. Can you warp straight to bosses that way?

[quote name='Rsmobile']A flash drive and 10 minutes of googling is all you need to get the Jap demo of this that is fully in English on 360. Was enough to convince me to wait for $5 like Vanquish.

I DO like the sound of mission replay with all characters though. Can you warp straight to bosses that way?[/QUOTE]

Most story stages are just you vs a "boss". You can constantly replay missions or those fights, so in a sense yes.

[quote name='Reraise']I also imported it (360) and really enjoyed the game. The guy that said online is dying, of course it is, its a jap import....

As for online orders through gamestop, the company can charge you the full amount to your CC if you dont pick it up. Usually they just charge the 5$, but ive had customers come in who got charged the whole thing for not picking up a game.[/QUOTE]
I am really surprised that at this day and age, cancelling online or through emailing CS is not possible (and I have tried both, quote from their email "Unfortunately customer service online isn't able to cancel your PickUp@Store order.").

[quote name='TooPoor']I am really surprised that at this day and age, cancelling online or through emailing CS is not possible (and I have tried both, quote from their email "Unfortunately customer service online isn't able to cancel your PickUp@Store order.").[/QUOTE]

It's just a ploy to get you in their stores, so they can berate you with other pre-order options, and to try to talk you out of cancelling this one.

This looks very similar to Spawn: In the Demon's Hand on Dreamcast, and that was by far one of my favorite Dreamcast titles, thanks for posting this, placed an order on Amazon!

Edit: Just noticed my 666th post is about Spawn, that's fitting I suppose lol

[quote name='MoCiWe']This looks very similar to Spawn: In the Demon's Hand on Dreamcast, and that was by far one of my favorite Dreamcast titles, thanks for posting this, placed an order on Amazon!

Edit: Just noticed my 666th post is about Spawn, that's fitting I suppose lol[/QUOTE]

666 the number of the beast hell and fire was spawned to be realesed !:hot:

PS3 version dropped to $30 today. It's looking more and more likely that is the MSRP but there wouldn't be any harm in pre-ordering and locking in the price just in case it's the $60 that Gamestop and Newegg are currently showing.

Pre-ordered this game. Thanks! :D
sig.jpg

Awesome to not only hear the $30 MSRP, but to hear a January release. Originally, I believe it was supposed to be out in March.

And to think I was extremely close to importing it a couple of weeks ago. Glad I didn't.

bread's done
Back