Downloadable Pokemon Keldeo available at GS! NO PREORDER REQUIRED

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I got an email from GS about this today. There is no info on the website about it yet, and I called my store and they have heard nothing about it. This is what the email said:
pokemonpreorderbonus.jpg

Pokemon Black or White Version 2 Pre-Order Offer: Valid 8/19/12 through 10/6/12. New Kaldeo character available to download in stores. Bring in your DS to download.
Content distribution not offered at competing retailers in the U.S.A in 2012. Content distribution may be made available over Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection. A Nintendo DS family system or Nintendo 3DS family system and a copy of the Pokémon Black Version or White Version game (each sold separately) are required to receive content distribution.
The info from the email says that it is valid from 8/19 to 9/16, and needs to be downloaded in the store to a copy of Black or White (not Black 2 or White 2). So I'm not quite sure how this will work for online preorders. As of now, the "more info" button in the email links to GS's page on the games, which has no info on this or any other pre-order bonus. I also wonder how this can be limited to pre-order customers if it's an in-store download. Perhaps they will give you a code you'll need to enter on the DS/3DS? Or maybe the clerk will only turn on the download station when a preorder is being picked up? But I'm not sure how that will work for online customers.

In any case, this seems to be the only pre-order bonus any retailer is offering on these, so GS is the likely best place to reserve these.

EDIT: Seems a pre-order may not be required:
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/pok...on/get-keldeo/

EDIT 2: I have now had three GS stores confirm NO PREORDER IS REQUIRED for this offer. Creative and somewhat deceiving ad wording, but no preorder required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure its just a free download.

I was gonna post this, but i always see the Pokemon topics get berated with "Omg not a deal!" so i forgot and gave up lol

I called my GS again today. They said when you pick up the game they give you a code that is needed to be able to download the character. I called another GS to confirm, and that store said no preorder was needed at all. I guess we'll see.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I called my GS again today. They said when you pick up the game they give you a code that is needed to be able to download the character. I called another GS to confirm, and that store said no preorder was needed at all. I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how a code could work. Mystery Gift doesn't need to be unlocked with a code anymore, and it's not a download on the Global Link. You really, really shouldn't need a code.

They've done this many times before. What happens is that a DS with a distribution cartridge is placed in stores. When within wifi range of the store: at title screen you go to Mystery Gift -> Get via wireless and the distribution can be selected from a menu (i guess if there were multiple events you could select from a few.) Once you accept it, the game saves and you pick it up at a Pokemon center in game from a delivery man.

The Pokemon is generated when you pick it up at the Pokemon center so you can soft reset until you get good stats. It won't be shiny, they make sure of it.

It's not a pre order bonus. They've only done it once with Target giving out a unique code that you enter on the Global Link (an internet sync for the Black/White games) when buying Black or White. Even then it was a regular Pokemon, not something special.

[quote name='Yamato']Who would want that anyway? One of the dumbest-looking pokemon I've seen yet. The designs get worse and worse.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, anyone who wants one of the hardest to obtain Pokemon yet?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I called my GS again today. They said when you pick up the game they give you a code that is needed to be able to download the character. I called another GS to confirm, and that store said no preorder was needed at all. I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure half the people working at GameStop don't read their own marketing materials. Had this funny problem last night were one guy was like "No way is a free Pilotwings or Steel Diver being given away with a 3DS XL purchase." ORLY? Scan it buddy, ding free.

Noobs.

Before any of you start:
Keldeo predates the first airing of the new My Little Pony or the brony craze. All the "Secret" Pokemon are included in each game's data years before they come out. There's two others that will be coming out soon enough. There is a second one that will be out soon because it will appear in the cartoon around the launch of the games. A third one is also out there that was just released in japan with plans to be in a movie next year.

Great wording on the ad, I must admit (even as a Game Stop hater). It never actually explicitly says you have to preorder to download the pokemon.

[quote name='bappt']Before any of you start:
Keldeo predates the first airing of the new My Little Pony or the brony craze. All the "Secret" Pokemon are included in each game's data years before they come out. There's two others that will be coming out soon enough. There is a second one that will be out soon because it will appear in the cartoon around the launch of the games. A third one is also out there that was just released in japan with plans to be in a movie next year.[/QUOTE]

My name is KELDEO

And I am here to battle

I'm gonna make the POKEMON
Of your enemies faint awaaaay

Cause I love to see them
FAINT FAINT FAINT

YES I DOOO

[quote name='Yamato']Who would want that anyway? One of the dumbest-looking pokemon I've seen yet. The designs get worse and worse.[/QUOTE]

They can't get worse than the terrible first generation's designs.

[quote name='Blabadon']They can't get worse than the terrible first generation's designs.[/QUOTE]

Terrible? First Generation?

My brain cannot comprehend this

[quote name='dgwillia006']Terrible? First Generation?

My brain cannot comprehend this[/QUOTE]

Some first generation designs were bad. Mr Mime and Jinx are absolutely FUGLY and... just plain bizarre.

Exeggcute is just 6 eggs that happen to be a single Pokemon, and it evolves into a palmtree? How does that work?

Voltorb and Electrode are pretty much the same thing (a mutant pokeball thing :roll:), except with a different face and reversed tops.

Magneton is basically 3 Magnemites- same with Dugtrio, which is basically 3 Digletts.

Poliwrath is just an angry Poliwhirl.

The first generation Pokemon aren't too bad, but my favorite generation has to be the second.

I just got mine too, no preorder, no code required, and there is a free poster of the pokemon, ask the employee if you don't get it. Could probably get it from outside of a store too if the store is in the right location.

I keep forgetting about these; this time I got the date mixed up (thought it ended on the 19th, not today); but then I noticed the pokemon black and white website says 10/6 is the end date...anyone know if this is correct?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I keep forgetting about these; this time I got the date mixed up (thought it ended on the 19th, not today); but then I noticed the pokemon black and white website says 10/6 is the end date...anyone know if this is correct?[/QUOTE]

The sign at the Gamestop said it ended 10/6...

Yeah, found a store here that closes at 9pm, he said the same.

Was getting worried for a sec. I always see the events when they start, get lazy, then forget about them XD

[quote name='AXV1']The sign at the Gamestop said it ended 10/6...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cjenvy']yeah its 10/6 thank god because i missed the last one due to dead ds lite and just got a new one tonight[/QUOTE]

Awesome, OP should update with correct information (or updated, as I'm sure at one point 9/16 was right)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, found a store here that closes at 9pm, he said the same.

Was getting worried for a sec. I always see the events when they start, get lazy, then forget about them XD[/QUOTE]

Ya, same here. I wish they would just not get posted on CAG till like the last week; then it forces us to get off our asses, lol

bread's done
Back