- - - - -

Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

#31 joeyatog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

I actually think its cheap, since its 3 huge artbooks essentially. Books are not cheap.

I agree. This is a very nice set of 3 art books plus an additional interview book and a bunch of other stuff! I'm a lifelong fan so this is absolutely worth purchasing.
Posted Image

#32 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Here is the set that came out in Japan. There are a lot of pics on this eBay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/...ht_23252wt_1165

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gifsigpic125994_9.gif

#33 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I preordered this waaaayyyy back when it was first announced back in January 2011. Was able to preorder it at Barnes and Noble for $35 (their online preorder price + 50% off coupon). I've been waiting a loooonnngggg time for this. Can't wait!

#34 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2317 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Gaaah, How did I miss this?

Out of the remaining places to preorder which ones are most reliable for safe shipping?

#35 ponn01   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Here is the set that came out in Japan. There are a lot of pics on this eBay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/...ht_23252wt_1165

HAHA! $999 !! Now this is coming out values like that won't hold. If the seller is looking for that amount he will have to wait for NA version to go out of print for awhile now.

#36 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I dunno... I already have the other Final Fantasy Amano artbook that Dark Horse put out (Dawn) and I barely look at it. Plus I have a ton of artbooks now thanks to Udon, and am starting to realize that I don't have the shelf space...

#37 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

My Book Depository order was just cancelled. Kind of pissed.

#38 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16440 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

My Book Depository order was just cancelled. Kind of pissed.

Yeah, they took it off their site afterward. Amazon UK is list price after shipping and conversion so I guess I'll see if any local shops will be carrying it.

#39 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1926 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Has anyone received theirs yet? I had a pre-order at Right Stuf, but I ended up cancelling. Just way too many things coming out this month and next month.

I already see a couple third party sellers on Amazon who cranked up the price, so I assume they were already shipped out.

#40 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Is this available for preorder anywhere other then Amazon UK now? I might ask my local comic shop if they can order it.

#41 Verelios   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Verelios

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Order was cancelled by Book Depository. Last time I'm shopping from there; disgusting service all around, with slow shipping.

#42 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16440 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

At this point I'd not be surprised by another delay. I've never bothered tracking comic publisher/distributor solicitations before but Dark Horse is not impressing me with this product release.

I put in an order at mycomicshop.com at list price, free shipping. Only 1 remaining in stock. We'll see if they actually have it.

Edited by botticus, 23 October 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#43 Ionotropic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

i'm kind of glad mine got canceled from BD. i need the money for so much other stuff right now.

#44 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

i'm kind of glad mine got canceled from BD. i need the money for so much other stuff right now.

The only reason I'm not happy is because you can't seem to really buy it anywhere else. I'd of probably preordered off rightstuf if I had known.

#45 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16440 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Unfortunately that cancellation leaves behind a foreign transaction fee which I'm not expecting to get back without a battle.

#46 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   3925 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Isn't that fee like $2? Is it even worth trying to get that back?

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#47 TEHJOE   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just got mine in. Looks solid and I seemed to have lucked out with the corners. I preordered on a whim but the release date crept up on me before I could cancel. I have been trying to save money though so I will have to flip it instead.

Shame really, I have wasted plenty of money on artbooks and I rarely come back to any of them except for the original Megaman series.

#48 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Order was cancelled by Book Depository. Last time I'm shopping from there; disgusting service all around, with slow shipping.

Same, and they still have it open for pre-orders.

#49 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16440 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

$3? Maybe, maybe not. Another $3 on the refund transaction (not sure if that will be the case or not)? I think so. I wouldn't be spending the rest of my week on the task, but I'll certainly be firing off an unpleasant email that they can respond to or ignore. It's all relative, but I don't generally relish the idea of just throwing money away, period.

Aside from the fact that any business generally wants to avoid refunds (they're already eating $3 on the transaction), this is why you don't generally charge a customer before you have the item.

They actually wrote me an email that said to check back because they were working to get the item. Yeah, I will definitely pay yet another fee to maybe buy it.

#50 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20048 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Wow, I was thinking about canceling my order for a while but am glad I kept it. It'll probably get reprinted though...

It's a percentage of your purchase. For Chase, it's 2%. But the fee is reversed if your original purchase is refunded for anything (or partially reverse for partial refunds).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :) 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#51 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Wow, I was thinking about canceling my order for a while but am glad I kept it. It'll probably get reprinted though...

It's a percentage of your purchase. For Chase, it's 2%. But the fee is reversed if your original purchase is refunded for anything (or partially reverse for partial refunds).

i hope so the only 2 listed on amazon are retarded flippers trying to get 250 for it

#52 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2177 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

$3? Maybe, maybe not. Another $3 on the refund transaction (not sure if that will be the case or not)? I think so. I wouldn't be spending the rest of my week on the task, but I'll certainly be firing off an unpleasant email that they can respond to or ignore. It's all relative, but I don't generally relish the idea of just throwing money away, period.

Aside from the fact that any business generally wants to avoid refunds (they're already eating $3 on the transaction), this is why you don't generally charge a customer before you have the item.

They actually wrote me an email that said to check back because they were working to get the item. Yeah, I will definitely pay yet another fee to maybe buy it.

Some people just like to let businesses walk all over them. Who needs laws, anyway?

#53 diddy310   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4172 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

diddy310

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

The postcards in the one I got from Amazon each had a pretty bad crease in one of the corners, Amazon offered me a 20 percent refund since they can't replace it. It really is a fantastic set for the price otherwise. Wonder if I should contact Dark Horse to see if they can replace the postcards...

#54 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19208 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

so amazon uk is the only place that still has it?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#55 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20048 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

so amazon uk is the only place that still has it?

It seems like very few retailers carried it in the first place... shipping is going to be killer from the UK.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#56 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've been waiting a looonnnggg time to see this set released. I preordered it at Barnes and Noble way back when it was first announced (I had a coupon that made the price lower than Amazon's preorder price by a good chunk). When the released date first got pushed back, I started to worry. By the third delay about 8 months later, I contacted Dark Horse trying to get information on when it would be released. I waited about a week. Nobody answered. I tried contacting them again a few weeks later, still no answer. I managed to figure out the email of the president of Dark Horse and emailed him. He got back to me within 5 minutes, apologizing that nobody had returned my emails, then told me the set was going to be resolicited. I was happy.

Flash forward to July 20th, 2012. Called B&N to see if my existing pre-order would stand. It would not since the UPC changed. They put me in touch with someone in Distribution who placed an order for me directly with Dark Horse.

Flash forward to yesterday, I called B&N to make sure that I would be getting this set. I was told that there is no way I would have been connected to someone in their distribution center. They told me I had to call my local store. My local store couldn't locate anything with the Purchase Order # I had been given by the B&N distribution center, so they placed a new order to replace the order I placed back in April 2011.

I just got an email stating that my new order was canceled.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

I just placed an order with Amazon.co.uk. Hopefully I can get a set.

#57 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16440 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

It seems like very few retailers carried it in the first place... shipping is going to be killer from the UK.

I think it converted to around $132 shipped (plus a couple bucks in foreign transaction fees!) when I was looking at it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sephiroth. I can say you were probably the only source of information I found while googling around the last couple days.

#58 ponn01   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

These are shipping? Mine at Amazon is just sitting there, still says oct 30th.

#59 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

I ended up finding a copy at a local comic shop. Called around after hearing my preorder was cancelled. Even got 20% off MSRB too, so it was about the same as Book Depository.

#60 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20048 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

These are shipping? Mine at Amazon is just sitting there, still says oct 30th.

Mine says Nov 1 (with Prime 2-Day). Knowing my luck, it'll get cancelled.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png