- - - - -

Preorder - The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Boxed Set [Slipcase] - $59.20

#61 Coltin   wattup CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

These are shipping? Mine at Amazon is just sitting there, still says oct 30th.

Same here

#62 lurkingsalt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

lurkingsalt

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Placed my order with B&N on Aug 28. Currently showing hasn't shipped yet with Oct 30 as an estimate.

Came out to Order Total
Subtotal: $82.34
Sales Tax: $6.38
Order Total $88.72

On one hand I hope it doesn't get cancelled since it's such a beautiful set but on the other I have AC3 and a bunch of other games coming out real soon so I'm hoping that it does. Regardless which way this ends I'll definitely be ecstatic/regretful at the same time. Very conflicted.

#63 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Heads up too, the signed card you get is an actual signature as well. It isn't just printed on, so thats pretty cool.

The one I got was signed in red colored pencil, while others I saw in unboxings on youtube were done in black marker...

https://sphotos-a.xx...871124752_n.jpg

#64 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20087 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Heads up too, the signed card you get is an actual signature as well. It isn't just printed on, so thats pretty cool.

The one I got was signed in red colored pencil, while others I saw in unboxings on youtube were done in black marker...

https://sphotos-a.xx...871124752_n.jpg

No shit? That's fucking bad ass... if that's the case, then there probably aren't that many to go around. Man, I hope I get one but that Nov 1 delivery date is making me worry.:-(

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#65 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

No shit? That's fucking bad ass... if that's the case, then there probably aren't that many to go around. Man, I hope I get one but that Nov 1 delivery date is making me worry.:-(

Yeah that card says its limited to 1000 copies.

Looks like he was at NYCC as well, Darkhorse only had 20 of these total at the entire convention.

http://geek-a-tron.b...t-new-york.html

#66 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30355 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Have my order with amazon UK.
Hope all goes well.

#67 Verelios   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Verelios

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

This is to the people who ordered at The Book Depository-- have they given you a refund yet, or are they holding out? Taking way too long to be refunded.

#68 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Saw this thread go up and ordered on August 21st from Amazon. Shipping date is November 1st. It had damn well better not be canceled.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#69 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

This is to the people who ordered at The Book Depository-- have they given you a refund yet, or are they holding out? Taking way too long to be refunded.

I was refunded the morning after I pre-ordered.

#70 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1929 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Saw this thread go up and ordered on August 21st from Amazon. Shipping date is November 1st. It had damn well better not be canceled.

Off topic, but where is your avatar from?

#71 Gosha   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I got a refund right away via paypal. Thats how I paid at least. Not sure about credit card reimbursement.

#72 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Off topic, but where is your avatar from?

Short answer: Hot Mario Bros Mario Kart DS commercial, Italian Mario.

Longer answer can be provided if requested; I get this question every once and a while. :]

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#73 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16442 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Refunds usually take a few days to show up in your credit card activity if that's how you paid. If I don't see anything by Monday I'll be contacting them, but too early to be concerned yet.

My (sadly full price) order from mycomicshop.com has shipped; if I ordered stuff from comic shops very often, I'd probably check them out again in the future, as long as everything makes it to me in good shape.

#74 Lord_Kefka   Son of a Submariner! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Still waiting (and hoping) on Barnes & Noble to come through. I emailed them about the stock, but to no surprise whatever help desk that ends up at only gave me the "this item releases Oct 30th" email. My hopes grow dim....

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#75 RoninChaos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

RoninChaos

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

man, I'd kill for one of these. Any idea when it's going to come back in stock?
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#76 ghostsong   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

I preordered early August with Amazon and changed to shipping soon early this morning.

#77 sp1cychick3n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

sp1cychick3n

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Arrggg, I just found out about this today and they are all sold out everywhere...

:(

Anyplace to get it?

#78 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Fuck it. I just bought a copy on ebay from somebody who has it in hand.

IF Barnes and Noble does ship my copy by some miracle, then I will sell it for the price I bought it at to someone who was not able to get it. Dark Horse REALLY screwed the pouch on this by not informing retailers or customers about how limited this set was actually going to be.

Let's hope the Hyrule Historia isn't limited either.

#79 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Who said B&N is not getting this. I think they took just enough pre-orders to fulfill
I am still positive

#80 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

Who said B&N is not getting this. I think they took just enough pre-orders to fulfill
I am still positive

I've been back and forth with Dark Horse and Barnes and Noble since this set was announced. I called B&N again today to try and straighten out what was going on with my preorder. Apparently, they are getting 120 copies. Take it with a huge grain of salt though because they weren't aware that it was limited to 1000 copies.

So good luck to everyone.

#81 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   4493 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Fuck it. I just bought a copy on ebay from somebody who has it in hand.

IF Barnes and Noble does ship my copy by some miracle, then I will sell it for the price I bought it at to someone who was not able to get it. Dark Horse REALLY screwed the pouch on this by not informing retailers or customers about how limited this set was actually going to be.

Let's hope the Hyrule Historia isn't limited either.

Last I saw they said it was limited to 1000 copies so I don't see what the problem is. Now if you missed the pre-order than dont blame Dark Horse. I hope the Hyrule Historia IS limited but we all know it won't be like The Sky.

Edit: I saw you tried B&N but they screwed you. Next time try to pre-order at a more reliable site. If they were the only ones left at the time then I see the big mix up.

#82 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16442 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

Last I saw they said it was limited to 1000 copies so I don't see what the problem is. Now if you missed the pre-order than dont blame Dark Horse. I hope the Hyrule Historia IS limited but we all know it won't be like The Sky.

Edit: I saw you tried B&N but they screwed you. Next time try to pre-order at a more reliable site. If they were the only ones left at the time then I see the big mix up.

Eh, Dark Horse seems to be due plenty of blame. When they resolicited, it was effectively a new product, so any preorders prior to that point may or may not have been valid.

#83 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

I didn't miss the preorder. I've had it preordered since April of 2011.

Also, it was never announced that it was going to be limited to 1000 sets until this month. The re-solicitation of the set back from August 2012 can be seen here:

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=38588

#84 ghostsong   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Mine does say shipped now. I know some people had theirs shipped last Friday from Amazon. Mine had an estimate of November 1st up til early this morning so there is still hope.

#85 Verelios   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Verelios

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I went and put an order in with Amazon UK, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It'll probably be cancelled for lack of stock.

#86 j.m.ratkos   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

j.m.ratkos

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

after scowering a few of the target stores in my area, I finally found one that had a few pre-order tags left for the premium system.

it seems odd that the ticket claims it's a $5 deposit, yet only ran up for a $1 or that none of the employees in the stores that I visited had any knowledge that they were even offering pre-orders

#87 Wompdevil   Noob 4 Life CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Wompdevil

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

after scowering a few of the target stores in my area, I finally found one that had a few pre-order tags left for the premium system.

it seems odd that the ticket claims it's a $5 deposit, yet only ran up for a $1 or that none of the employees in the stores that I visited had any knowledge that they were even offering pre-orders

Think you are posting in the wrong thread. This is for the Sky: Art of Final Fantasy boxed set, not the Wii U.

Speaking of Sky, I had my pre-order arrival date through Amazon moved to Oct. 31. Hopefully it ships tomorrow or next week but I am kind of nervous about it now since the set is so limited

523546.pngShaq_zpsasgcnpc1.gif

#88 j.m.ratkos   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

j.m.ratkos

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

yeah, I had 2 windows opened and posted a reply in the wrong one. still waiting to see if amazon gets any more of the boxed sets in though :)

not quite sure why cag doesn't allow you to delete your own posts. all the what looks like a 'delete button' does is send a flag to the moderators so that they can delete it

Edited by j.m.ratkos, 25 October 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#89 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20087 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Think you are posting in the wrong thread. This is for the Sky: Art of Final Fantasy boxed set, not the Wii U.

Speaking of Sky, I had my pre-order arrival date through Amazon moved to Oct. 31. Hopefully it ships tomorrow or next week but I am kind of nervous about it now since the set is so limited

Mine still says Nov 1. Man, now I'm really worried that I won't get it..:-(

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#90 Kay_Faraday   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Kay_Faraday

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Mine still says Nov 1. Man, now I'm really worried that I won't get it..:-(

2 days after release doesnt sound too bad. :)

mine say nov 5 :lol: