CAGiversary!
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Developer: High Moon Studios
Publisher:Activision
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release dates:
NA August 21, 2012
EU August 24, 2012

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron plunges you into the final, darkest hours of the civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons that will set into action the future events of the beloved Transformers saga.

Launch Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99eyv7-oZI

Official Site:
http://transformersgame.com/

Wikis:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_of_Cybertron_(game)
http://orcz.com/Transformers_Fall_of_Cybertron

Unboxing video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86ShgFheqw

Picked the game up today. I have WFC but never finished it. Played the decepticon campaign and got stuck where you fight Zeta Prime and gave up. Do I need to finish WFC before I start this? Any bonus to finish it first? Really looking forward to playing as Grimlock.

[quote name='GUNNM']Grimlock or playing as starscream have been the best parts of the game so far[/QUOTE]

Worth paying full price for? Was thinking of picking this up. Is there an online pass for the multiplayer?

[quote name='shotgunshine']Worth paying full price for? Was thinking of picking this up. Is there an online pass for the multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
No online pass the SP consist of 13 missions and some are really short and some are long. You'd be pretty much buying this for MP.

IMO I say Redbox it first -- I really did enjoy the game though you play as different autobots/decepticons throughout the game.

[quote name='GUNNM']No online pass the SP consist of 13 missions and some are really short and some are long. You'd be pretty much buying this for MP.[/QUOTE]

Also you would be supporting the property and studio. I want future Transformers games that are not based on the Bayverse.

That unboxing video in the OP is great. I always find it funny when there are unboxing videos for just the standard version of a game :lol:

Yeah I didn't even watch the video but read the title and thought to myself the point of an unboxing video is to take off a box...

Picked this up too. I'm at Chapter 5. Great game but I'm not sure it's worth the $60 price tag since I won't be playing multiplayer.

I bought it at launch and have been enjoying myself in MP thus far. FoC is definitely the Black Ops to WFC's Modern Warfare 2 in terms of balance. I'm sad to hear the campaign is much shorter than expected but from what little I've played it feels just as epic as the last game. I'm keeping an eye on all future High Moon titles from now because they have done a fantastic job overall.

Played the demo and liked it. I got it from Gamfly the other day, but have been busy with Darksiders 2. I am a bit peeved they removed the coop campaign though. Still looking forward to playing this one.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I bought it at launch and have been enjoying myself in MP thus far. FoC is definitely the Black Ops to WFC's Modern Warfare 2 in terms of balance. I'm sad to hear the campaign is much shorter than expected but from what little I've played it feels just as epic as the last game. I'm keeping an eye on all future High Moon titles from now because they have done a fantastic job overall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish single player was a bit longer. But I am collecting all the blueprints, audio logs and getting the achievements for each level. That should stretch the play time a little more.

BTW for anyone wanting to collect all the little extras you CAN quit the level once you obtain either a blueprint or audio log. No need to play through the entire level.

I'm at Chapter 9 right now and found everything thus far. If anyone needs help on achievements or finding things I might be able to help.

Just a heads up, Redbox did not get this. I have been enjoying the campaign so far. I played a few round of Conquest in MP and it seems decent.

Bought this today. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet but I did the first couple chapters of the campaign and it was fun...im glad i decided to get this. I'm going to try escalation later.

Just finished this up earlier tonight. Talk about a kick ass ending! This game was great from start to finish. I am so glad I picked this up after debating it.

When it comes to ridiculously epic campaigns full to bursting with a healthy balance of variety, challenge, humor and atmosphere High Moon is DESTROYING everyone else right now. This is coming from an extremely light Transformers fan. I bought this purely for the game play. Just... wow. It's games like these that make you want to support developers in any way possible.

It's going to suck when I finally finish the campaign. I'm definitely buying Deadpool solely because of FoC. My only regret thus far:
that Jazz's Grappling Hook isn't in MP. ;'(

Just beat this. I wasn't a big fan of the ending. The last level was kickass, but the actual ending was abrupt and nothing amazing. But I'm being nitpicky, the campaign was freakin' amazing and that's what counts. Never gets boring or repetative. Each level had it's own unique element to keep gameplay fresh.

Lots of fan service. The Starscream/Megatron coronation scene was a nice touch. And Grimlock/Slag's "beryllium baloney, cesium salami" rant made me laugh. Also if you play Megatron's first level you notice the thing that Laserbeak sits on looks alot like Soundwave's G1 transformation before he leaves Cybertron.
Cybertronsoundwave.jpg

[quote name='krashhole']Just finished this up earlier tonight. Talk about a kick ass ending! This game was great from start to finish. I am so glad I picked this up after debating it.[/QUOTE]

have you tried the multiplayer mode?

[quote name='Rodimus']Just beat this. I wasn't a big fan of the ending. The last level was kickass, but the actual ending was abrupt and nothing amazing. But I'm being nitpicky, the campaign was freakin' amazing and that's what counts. Never gets boring or repetative. Each level had it's own unique element to keep gameplay fresh.

Lots of fan service. The Starscream/Megatron coronation scene was a nice touch. And Grimlock/Slag's "beryllium baloney, cesium salami" rant made me laugh. Also if you play Megatron's first level you notice the thing that Laserbeak sits on looks alot like Soundwave's G1 transformation before he leaves Cybertron.
Cybertronsoundwave.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I sort of got the feeling that the abrupt ending was due to High Moon preparing to fight Hasbro on the direction of the next game.
They've said that they're not very eager to do a Transformers game that is set on Earth (DotM covered that), but Hasbro has been trying to force them to write in such a way that these games can lead into Prime. They had to fight tooth and nail just to get the Dinobots in.

If I had to make my guess, the developers probably want to have the Autobots bouncing back and forth to other planets much like in the IDW comics before getting to Earth at some point. The ending pretty much leaves them room to go either way, or at least I thought so.

I'm in a great predicament. I'm playing through Darksiders 2. I'm 3/4th of the way from finishing and I'm chomping at the bit to play TFOC. This will be new MP kick to replace Gears 3. It sucks that DS2 and TFOC were released a week apart. Trying to savor DS2 since its a heckuva game but I loved TWFC MP. Can't wait.

Beat the game on hard and it didn't unlock the achievements. All I got was Easy.
I even went and played another mission through on Hard. The Numerals only have the III lit, not all three. How the fudge can I fix this? Do I have to delete my save and start all over? :(

Go into the Campaign chapter select and over each individual chapter check the difficulty setting. See if all three lights (for easy, normal, hard) are blinking. If they aren't all blinking that'll let you know which chapters you have to redo on Hard.

Blinking? I will do that now.
Hope there is an easy fix.

Just did it and found a single chapter, I think I may know what happened.
There was a part I reloaded on a different difficulty for a moment.

That did it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back