- - - - -

The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

#91 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38657 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Yep. Highest viewership since Feb.

Did you hear Kaz' promo, last night, Myke? You'd probably like it.

#92 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

nah, had a busy few days. have it on dvr though, will look out for that. thanks for the headsup.
Posted Image

#93 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38657 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

He got deep with some social commentary on *cough* "bastards".

I think I've mentioned this before, but Kaz sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to me. :lol:

I know I've mentioned that Bobby Lashley looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, though.

#94 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

I went a little wacky, the other week, and plunked down $56 on a vintage, near-mint WCW Monday Jericho tshirt. :lol:

It was my first wrestling shirt in my youth, and I tore the original off my body, Hogan-style, the last day of gym one year in high school.

Kinda regretted that. :lol:

I don't plan on wearing it.

My first wrestling shirt was one of the old 80's Roddy Piper ones that said "Hot Rod" on it.:lol: I got teased incessantly and at the time I didn't get the meaning behind it cuz I hadn't yet hit puberty. Looking back on it now, that was NOT a good shirt choice for a pre teen to wear to school.:-#

I think the only other wrestling shirts I had were some multi-colored LGBT friendly Ultimate Warrior shirt that was some knockoff from Woolworth's or something, a regular Warrior shirt and at least one each of the nWo original and nWo Wolfpac ones.:-#

But I see older shirts all the time in the thrift stores, including a LOT of Attitude era ones.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#95 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

I owned an Invasion-era WCW logo shirt, an old ECW Justin Credible shirt ("that's not just the coolest..."), and a Dudleyville Lumber Company ("We've Got Wood") shirt.

I'd still love to find a JOB Squad shirt.

#96 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I owned an Invasion-era WCW logo shirt, an old ECW Justin Credible shirt ("that's not just the coolest..."), and a Dudleyville Lumber Company ("We've Got Wood") shirt.

I'd still love to find a JOB Squad shirt.

L
http://www.ebay.com/...=item46072c233e

XL
http://www.ebay.com/...=item46072c271d

2XL
http://www.ebay.com/...=item43b2ef9f13

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#97 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Need the ECW Job Squad shirt, not the WWE one.

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#98 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

The Hitman glasses are back with a new and improved design. SO tempted.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35bedc1e06
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#99 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Need the ECW Job Squad shirt, not the WWE one.

This is one of the few shirts that I honestly don't know how to tell the difference. I'm guessing the ECW ones didn't have 3:16 on them

Posted Image

#100 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

holy crap

http://www.ebay.com/...=item564be12c94

Posted Image

#101 diddy310  

diddy310

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

I like their proof picture for the Evan Bourne photo.

Spoiler

#102 Purple Flames   MC Sucka DJ CAGiversary!   5757 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Purple Flames

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm a terrible fan. I've never owed a single wrestling-related t-shirt.

#103 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

First two shirts I ever owned were these. Parents put them in the same box for Christmas.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35bf2a3c80

and this one. Not sure if it was legit, but I'm going to go dig it out now to see.

http://www.theravene.../ecw/ecw052.jpg

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#104 Habbler   Run! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

They had Benoit's 4 horseman tights on e-bay the other week when I was poking around. My first wrestling T-shirt was a hulkamania shirt when I was 5, but when I got older I bought the Stone Cold Blood from a stone shirt,
Spoiler
and the DX Jersey with the number 69 on it.
Spoiler
Won't lie, I was an X-pac mark and had to have it. Was told to turn it inside out more than once at school. What a rebel I was.

#105 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

I did order this shirt the other week, gotta admit: http://strongstyle.tumblr.com/
Posted Image

#106 Habbler   Run! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

I like the praying hands logo for the Taipei Deathmatch on that site. Made me immediately think of Axl Rotten vs Ian Rotten

#107 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

I love that the JOB Squad shirt is in Lima. Wonder if it's Al's garage.

#108 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

I owned the Mick Foley "Fake Wrestler" shirt, an original EC F'N W shirt, an original ECW Tommy Dreamer shirt, the fake KISS logo ECW shirt, and I think that's it.

It's still weird to think that when I ordered those ECW shirts, I might've been talking to Stevie Richards or Bubba Ray.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#109 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12484 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

That one was my first shirt.

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#110 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   18995 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

I'd wear that BB shirt today.

I caught a Kane shirt at Raw once. I've never worn it.

Now playing (& watching):

:br:-Big Bang Theory season 9

:pc:-Marvel Puzzle Quest
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#111 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7199 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Speaking of paid clowns, whatever happened to sign guy (guy in the blue mechanic shirt with red baseball cap), havent seen him in awhile

I believe he was seen on Smackdown a week or two ago? I know he was at the 1000th RAW, but he was in a weird spot that the camera didn't really pick him up much at all. I've seen him at every WWE show I've ever been to.

#112 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

This is one of the few shirts that I honestly don't know how to tell the difference. I'm guessing the ECW ones didn't have 3:16 on them

The original one was just the logo on the front with Pin Me, Pay Me! on the back. Before the ECW invasion came the "kissing ass isn't in our job description" tagline, which was re-printed for WWE when they started showing up on WWE TV. 316 and 1-2-3 4-Life were both WWE versions.

Also, it's almost how criminal how over Al Snow was in ECW and yet ultimately did nothing in WWE.

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#113 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'd wear that BB shirt today.

Between dudes on ebay and barbershopwindow, there's a lot of reproductions available. You can easily get a reprint of the old purple "Macho Man" shirt on ebay, for instance.

That's actually one of the main reasons I wouldn't drop serious scratch on a vintage shirt (other than the fact that I wouldn't out of being cheap): too many reproductions out there for me to be confident that it's not a repro. Unless it's something stupid that wouldn't get reprinted, like Billy Gunn's "24kt. ASS" t-shirt.
Posted Image

#114 Dick Tracy   The Man in the Yellow Hat CAGiversary!   38657 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

I wonder how much the WWE Network is going to cost.

$5.99 / $6.99 a month? Anything over that might be a little bit too out of control for me.

#115 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

If they go pay, they're dead on arrival.

The most I could accept is if they're on a higher "tier," like the "Sportz Fanatic Package" kinda junk tv peddlers push - you know, Golf Channel, Tennis Channel, Fox Soccer, NHL/MLB/NFL Network, etc.

Standalone $7/month? They can die in a fire for that. That's a marketing approach from ten years ago, won't fly today.
Posted Image

#116 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

WWEDVDNews confirms that WWE’s DVD and Blu-ray set on The Attitude Era will have a Best Buy exclusive edition. The set will hit stores on November 20th.

#117 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Also, it's almost how criminal how over Al Snow was in ECW and yet ultimately did nothing in WWE.

I remember the PPV where Al Snow was facing Shane Douglas for the World Title. I have never been so sure that someone was going to win "the big one" in my life. Then it didn't happen and I think it was a big mistake on ECW's part. I get it, he was still technically a WWF guy but him losing that match really took the wind out of my sails and made it all but impossible to get excited for anything Al Snow did afterwards. Just a 2 or 3 month run would've been enough and awesome. His entrance really evolved into something amazing.

EDIT - Wrestlepalooza '98 if you want to check it out.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#118 Habbler   Run! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I watched Saturday morning slam and it wasn't bad. we got to learn all about planet funk and then they showed all the other famous dancers in the WWE. 2 Cold Scorpio, Disco Inferno, Too Cool, and JYD. Kofi vs The One Man Rock Band was a decent match too. It was close to 10 mnutes long. Josh Mattews and Santino were on commentary. Santino was trying to get the refs attrention whe Slater was cheating and they actually called the names of the moves. As far as kids shows about fighting go it was much better than WMAC Masters.

#119 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10619 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Is it true they dont allow moves that hurt the head/neck on that show?

#120 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4390 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

As far as kids shows about fighting go it was much better than WMAC Masters.

Take it back.