Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, August 28, 2012:

The Lucky One:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
Battleship:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
Think Like a Man:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
The Pirates! Band of Misfits:

• DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Target exclusive comes with exclusive bandana and 20 minutes of interactive activities*
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $27.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season:

The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $32.99
  • Blu-ray - $39.99
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $35.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $45.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Four:

• DVD - $37.99
  • Blu-ray - $45.99
Homeland: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $27.99
  • Blu-ray - $32.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
$10 DVD:

• Happy Feet Two
  • Soul Surfer
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 Movie-Only Edition
  • Crazy Stupid Love
  • more in-store
Kids' Favorites Sale:

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
The Muppets:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $19.99
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked:

• DVD - $9.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $14.99
Superman vs. The Elite:

• DVD - $9.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
more in-store

TV on DVD Sale:

• The Office: Season 7 - $14.99
  • Parks and Recreation: Season 3 - $14.99
  • Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - $21.99
  • The Walking Dead: Season 1 Special Edition - $22.99
  • Glee: Season 3 - $27.99
  • Boardwalk Empire: Season 1 - $34.99
  • Grimm: Season 1 - $36.99
  • House M.D.: Season 8 - $39.99
  • more in-store

Thanks to Annie Chu!

Holy smokes, FlamedLiquid, you're right.

Best Buy/Target

Boardwalk Empire S2
DVD 29.99/35.99
Blu 34.99/45.99

Walking Dead S2
DVD 24.99/32.99
Blu 29.99/39.99

Homeland S1
DVD 19.99/27.99
Blu 24.99/32.99

Sons of Anarchy S4 (this one is staggering)
DVD 19.99/37.99
Blu 24.99/45.99

I think I'll pass!!!
boobies

This isn't anything new. Even with my employee discount I rarely pick up any blu rays or TV shows at Target anymore. Their pricing has gotten ridiculous. For example, last week they had Community Season 3 for $29.99 on "sale" with the regular price being $32.99. Best Buy, on the other hand, had it for $19.99. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic pricing. First week of release Best Buy usually kills it in pricing on media.

Praise BB for their discounted prices, but perhaps it's coming at the expense of their long term survival rate. Profits fell by 91% in the most recent quarter. That's insane. Target on the other hand beat their estimates and raised revenue year over year. This time next year I wonder what state we'll see BB in.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Praise BB for their discounted prices, but perhaps it's coming at the expense of their long term survival rate. Profits fell by 91% in the most recent quarter. That's insane. Target on the other hand beat their estimates and raised revenue year over year. This time next year I wonder what state we'll see BB in.[/QUOTE]

koEKp.jpg

The truth hurts lol

edit: They're basically playing with fire with their new CEO too. Aside from the fact that he has no experience in the retail sector, and they're only getting him because he has experience with turning companies around, they're also paying him ridiculous amounts of money...
New Best Buy CEO Lured By $32M Pay Package

Best Buy‘s (BBY) new CEO Hubert Joly will receive a pay package worth as much as $32 million over three years.
As the Wall Street Journal reports, the money is 2½ times more than the retailer earned in its most recent quarter and much of it is intended to compensate for money Joly would have made at the helm of Carlson Cos. (He resigned as CEO on Sunday to take the Best Buy offer.)
Joly will receive a yearly base salary of $1.175 million, but the contract also guarantees him an annual long-term cash award of no less than $8.75 million for the company’s coming fiscal year. It includes a payment of more than $6.25 million if Joly, a native of France, cannot obtain a U.S. work visa by the end of September and the deal falls through.
Insiders told the Journal that Joly argued he deserved the large payments given that he is leaving substantial compensation at Carlson behind.
If Joly takes the reins it will be the first time the company has a permanent CEO in five months; former chief executive Brian Dunn resigned amid a probe into his conduct with a female employee and Best Buy has been locking horns with founder and 20%-stakeholder Richard Schulze, who wants to take it private.

okay I'lll quite :D

So Joly still earns $6.25M even if he can't get a U.S work visa. If I were him, I'd fuck up the paperwork, take the $6.25M, then move on to the next European company in need of a CEO.

bread's done
Back