Summerbatch AGS Adventure Game Bundle - PWYW for 5 Games - Ends Nov 11th

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
This is probably a bit niche but for folks who like adventure games there's a new AGS
adventure game bundle:

Summerbatch Volume I

These are games created using AGS so they're by no means "professional" looking
games (not sure if any of them even have speech), but they are well made by some
of the pros in the AGS community. The five games are:

• Barely Floating
  • Jailbreak
  • Nancy The Happy Whore
  • Patchwork
  • PISS
The bundle is Pay-What-You-Want with a 50p (approximately $0.80) minimum.
Since this is based in the UK, the price is in British pounds and not USD, so be
careful on checkout. There's an AGS forums thread on this bundle if you want to
read other people's opinion of the games.

FYI, from my download page:

"Digital downloads: Your unique link gives you 7 attempts from your time of purchase.
The link does not expire over time. If you use up all your attempts or have problems
contact us with your full name, and we will confirm your order & send you a fresh link."

Bundle ends November 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I thought i paid around .81 cents for this last week. Did they raise the minimum?[/QUOTE]

Man, that was a quick reply...

No, it's still 50p which is approximately $0.80USD with today's exchange rate.
I put in ~$1.00 'cause I wasn't sure about any PP currency exchange fees.
Updated OP accordingly.

It should be noted that there's some weird download limit for this bundle. I forgot the specifics as I haven't bought it, but maybe someone else can pitch in.

EDIT: Looked like you ninja edited it into the OP ;). That, or I didn't notice it before lol.

[quote name='sunghost']It should be noted that there's some weird download limit for this bundle. I forgot the specifics as I haven't bought it, but maybe someone else can pitch in.

EDIT: Looked like you ninja edited it into the OP ;). That, or I didn't notice it before lol.[/QUOTE]

Now you don't see it, now you do ;)

I was just editing the OP while you were posting - I had forgotten about it initially.

So has anyone played any of these games? Not usually a fan of point and click adventure games but I picked this up because it was cheap and had two games with interesting names.

Today I was going through my games folder and accidentally opened up Barley Floating. The opening scene was great, sucked me into playing it for a while. Then it just sort of dragged on.

Starts off with a "Hostage negotiator extraordinaire" coming to kick some ass on a pirate ship that has a few hostages and is asking for a ransom. You end up playing as one of the hostages on the ship as the "Hostage negotiator extraordinaire" is a "dimwit". I got to the scene in the bar and have explored the bar a bit but am still in there. I put probably about an hour and a half into just getting to that part. It feels like it is just dragging on, or maybe I am just not a big fan of point and click adventure games.

Anyone else buy these games and have some input on either this one or the others?

I played like 30 minutes of Piss. That one didn't feel like it was dragging on to me. They are pretty typical point and click adventure games and depending on how good or bad the puzzles are some of them can drag on and be pretty bad or at least not very intuitive.

Yeah, I suppose I just don't play point and click adventure games enough. I'll get back to it one day because the game was actually pretty entertaining. It's just annoying clicking on everything multiple times and not knowing what to do next. Once you get the hang of it though, fun game. This bundle is definitely worth it's price even if you are only remotely interested in these types of games. Jailbreak isn't even a point and click game, so even if that one interests you, this bundle is less than a buck. Great deal. I am looking forward to the next one (if there is one, at this price I don't see how they make any real money).

[quote name='golfer']Not usually a fan of point and click adventure games

maybe I am just not a big fan of point and click adventure games. [/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the genre either so, considering that I'm a PC gamer exclusively, I often feel left out. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I've tried out both Piss and Nancy the Happy Whore on my Android phone and they both work great. I assume the other P&C adventure games will as well, but I'm not sure if Jailbreak is controllable or not.

You can find info and a download link to the apk for AGS here. You just need to install that and create an ags folder on your device and then copy the game folders into that. If you've been buying indie bundles you may have some other games that work with it as well, like Gemini Rue, the Blackwell series, and more.

This bundle is ending November 11th, so bumping it in case anyone wants to check it out.

I finally got around to playing & finishing all four of the adventure games (not Jailbreak, whih is a "stealth game"), and all four of them are quite good.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']:( Just because I was hoping you were announcing a halloween bundle. Would have been a good idea for these guys I think.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that - I know the feeling, like when someone bumps the Humble Bundle thread to ask a question about the previous bundle. Hopefully volume 2 of this bundle will be out soon, but I'm not seeing anything about it on the AFS forums.

[quote name='seamoss']Sorry about that - I know the feeling, like when someone bumps the Humble Bundle thread to ask a question about the previous bundle. Hopefully volume 2 of this bundle will be out soon, but I'm not seeing anything about it on the AFS forums.[/QUOTE]

Oh nothing to apologize for, this bundle deserves a bump especially since it is ending soon. It was just wishful thinking on my part. I love adventure games so I am hoping for more similarly themed bundles.

Final hours for this - from one of the developers in the Steam thread:

It's the last 24 hours of the Summerbatch sale (Barely Floating, Jailbreak, Nancy The Happy Whore, Patchwork, PISS) for pay your own price (50p minimum)...

There are free codes up for grabs via the AdventureX Live Stream from 15:00-15:30 GMT today (Sun 11th) and again tonight at 00:30-01:00 GMT at which point the sale of volume 1 is officially over.

Thanks to everyone who supported Summerbatch from the Cheap Ass Gamer network

thanks for bringing this topic to my attention. bought.

edit: so there's no steam version of these games right?

[quote name='basis']edit: so there's no steam version of these games right?[/QUOTE]

Ha! No, these are as "indie" as it gets.

[quote name='dark2025']Enter code SUMMER99 for a free bundle.[/QUOTE]

Code expired 3 minutes after you posted this, but thanks anyways.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']enter code FACEBOOK12 for a free bundle[/QUOTE]
Code expired 1 minute after you posted but thanks.

bread's done
Back