Help with wireless controller for PC

perfectmannot

CAGiversary!
I just got a new laptop that I'm putting on the far side of my living room and hooking it up with a long HDMI to my living room tv. I'm going to be using the controller to play PC games and old classics on my tv. I need a good recommendation for a good wireless controller I can use while on my couch to play. I absolutely hate the 360 controllers, no offense but just not my thing. I'm looking for something that resembles the dual shock 3. I was eyeing the Logitech F710 but I read some reviews where it lost connection. Does anyone have any Ideas. Ideally I would love to use my dualshock 3 but I'm not a techy and I would be lost when it comes to anything that is above beginner level installation. I have windows 7 64-bit OS. So if anyone can point me in the right direction, to a good wireless gamepad, please shoot me a recommendation or a review.

I used to use the XB360 controller (you can get the bluetooth dongle cheap), but for some reason it stopped working properly, and every time I turn the controller on it would reconnect to the XBox and turn it on.

Very annoying, as you can imagine.

Anyway, I started using the PS3 controller, and just plugging it in to the computer with the USB cable (and using MotionJoy to force XB compatibility, since that seems to work better with Windows games).

People have mentioned getting this working wirelessly with the PS3 controller, but I haven't felt like screwing with it.

bread's done
Back