Resistance Burning Skies VITA $26.95 shipped @ estarland

I've been considering this but reviews were so-so. With estarland you get automatic credit for your trade in and they give good values so you can get rid of a couple BB blowout games and pick this up.

One thing that looked really dumb in this game was the method of throwing grenades touching the screen with your fingers. I don't have a Vita yet, but I have a PSP and I definitely wouldn't be happy with fingerprints all over my screen. Does anyone know if you can map the grenade throwing to a button?

Played the demo for this game and didn't even finish it. The bad reviews were correct. This is an UGLY game - both visually and gameplay-wise. I would maybe consider it if it got down to 9.99 like MK did at GameStop.

Game is incredibly short and incredibly linear--you can get the Plat. Trophy in less than 6 hours. The campaign is pretty average for the genre, so it's worth playing through once IF you can find the game for less than $20.

MP is fun, but also incredibly basic and relatively generic. Sadly, the same developer is making the Vita version of CoD: Black Ops...

[quote name='gutter2d']One thing that looked really dumb in this game was the method of throwing grenades touching the screen with your fingers. I don't have a Vita yet, but I have a PSP and I definitely wouldn't be happy with fingerprints all over my screen. Does anyone know if you can map the grenade throwing to a button?[/QUOTE]

You can not remap that controls and, yes, using the touch screen to throw grenades is a terrible idea b/c it not only causes you to take your fingers off of the buttons, but it's also severely obtrusive. Such a poor design decision that could've been avoided with the simple option to disable it...

[quote name='morphineseason']Played the demo for this game and didn't even finish it. The bad reviews were correct. This is an UGLY game - both visually and gameplay-wise. I would maybe consider it if it got down to 9.99 like MK did at GameStop.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's what I had heard, and I also saw the review. That's why I haven't bought it. It's just unfortunate since R: FOM was my favorite to play, I was looking forward to seeing what it was like on the vita.

[quote name='gutter2d']One thing that looked really dumb in this game was the method of throwing grenades touching the screen with your fingers. I don't have a Vita yet, but I have a PSP and I definitely wouldn't be happy with fingerprints all over my screen. Does anyone know if you can map the grenade throwing to a button?[/QUOTE]

I've now played through this game and I can tell you that you cannot map grenades. It sucks because mostof the time when you feel like lobbing one you are being swarmed. Unless you have humongous hands or hold the vita awkwardly you will hardly ever hit what you want to. Add if you use: your right hand you are no longer ducking or firing and if you use your left you are standing still (sitting duck).

The graphics are subpar when compared to Uncharted or Wipeout, colors look washed out. The guns sound like snare drums. The plot and subplot made little sense. Minibosses are hardly any fun to fight. Multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired, IF you can get into a match.

The final boss and voice acting are pretty great though, I'll give them that much. Everything else is average at best.

I've played and beaten 1, 2, 3, and Retribution. This game ranks at the bottom. Retribution had a great story and characters, add the infected mode and Cross Controller support, it blows this game away.

I would recommend it for $15 or less.

i found the grenade mechanic pretty fast & convenient since you could touch exactly where you wanted it to land. then again i actually liked the game

bread's done
Back