Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $59.89, PS3, Xbox 360, PC

The Ebbtide

CAGiversary!
Amazon's initial pre-order listing price is $59.99, so it's actually $10.10 less than the $69.99 most places are pre-selling it for. Just an alert if you have Amazon credit and were looking to get this. It's been noted that GameStop is also selling it for $59.99, too.

Amazon:
PS3
Xbox 360
PC

Gamestop:
Xbox 360
PS3
PC

[quote name='Captain Urahara']After a quick Google search Kotaku says this is indeed supposed to be $69.99

Seems like Best Buy and NewEgg followed suit with that price, while Gamestop followed suit and immediately slashed the price down to $59.99

Amazon didn't get the memo apparently and just started it at the usual $59.99 and cut it down 10 cents as an incentive.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Ebbtide']Their pre-order listing price is $59.99, so it's $10.10 less than the $60 most other places are pre-selling it for. Just an alert if you have Amazon credit and were looking to get this.

PS3
Xbox 360
PC[/QUOTE]

Fixed. It's only a ten cent difference than everywhere else. Wow. It's like Amazon has stopped trying to give a deal on stuff anymore.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fixed. It's only a ten cent difference than everywhere else. Wow. It's like Amazon has stopped trying to give a deal on stuff anymore.:roll:[/QUOTE]
No. Everywhere else is selling it for $69.99. And this requires no code like NewEgg had to get a lesser value.

I, too, was surprised to see Amazon actually offering a decent pre-order deal, though. It's been a while.

Gamestop has it listed as $69.99 but cut down to $59.99 ($10 of savings)

Amazon has it listed as $59.99 and cut down to $59.89 (10 cents of savings!)

lolwut

I think it has to be a code seeing as how 3 of the map packs aren't even out yet.
Maybe the ones already released will be on disc?

I would probably be called an idiot for asking this, but I just need a YES/NO answer:
If I do not play multiplayer, does the premium edition have any significance?
Appreciated.

Actually, I just checked around. Best Buy and NewEgg are saying it's $69.99, but GameStop is saying $59.99.

I'll delete this thread if it's definitely $59.99 universally, and these other stores are just slow to dropping the price. Sorry about this.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would probably be called an idiot for asking this, but I just need a YES/NO answer:
If I do not play multiplayer, does the premium edition have any significance?
Appreciated.[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='TooPoor']If I do not play multiplayer, does the premium edition have any significance?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no.

Every DLC is for multiplayer, whether they be maps, dogtags, and even the paid early unlocks.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Actually, I just checked around. Best Buy and NewEgg are saying it's $69.99, but GameStop is saying $59.99.

I'll delete this thread if it's definitely $59.99 universally, and these other stores are just slow to dropping the price. Sorry about this.[/QUOTE]

After a quick Google search Kotaku says this is indeed supposed to be $69.99

Seems like Best Buy and NewEgg followed suit with that price, while Gamestop followed suit and immediately slashed the price down to $59.99

Amazon didn't get the memo apparently and just started it at the usual $59.99 and cut it down 10 cents as an incentive.

Guys you are not getting the DLC with the purchase. You are getting the Premium service. Which is like the Elite for COD. It will be a code for the service, which then allows you to download the DLC.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']After a quick Google search Kotaku says this is indeed supposed to be $69.99

Amazon didn't get the memo apparently and just started it at the usual $59.99 and cut it down 10 cents as an incentive.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that too. Weird to see GameStop selling a new copy it for $10 less than it supposed to be.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I just saw that too. Weird to see GameStop selling a new copy it for $10 less than it supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

Because obviously all pre-ordered copies will be taken out of the original wrapping and all DLC codes will be gone. That is what new means in Gamestop's book anyway.

In all seriousness it's probably because Gamestop saw that Amazon was starting at $59.99 and they figured they could lose a lot of potential revenue because of that. It'll probably shoot back up soon, especially once Amazon realizes what they did.

If anyone plans to pre-order at Amazon or Gamestop I encourage you to do so ASAP.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']No. Everywhere else is selling it for $69.99. And this requires no code like NewEgg had to get a lesser value.

I, too, was surprised to see Amazon actually offering a decent pre-order deal, though. It's been a while.[/QUOTE]
You changed your original post though, cuz I quoted the first version where you said it was $60. Now it says $69.99. So technically my post was still correct.:D;) It's ok though. Typos happen.

Would buy it, but it seems just as easy to buy the game at Best Buy with the coupon, then just buy/gameshare for the Premium bundle.

That is unless this comes with something you cant get otherwise

I'm considering trading in BF3 for $24 to BBY, buying Amazon credit, and pre-ordering BF3 Premium Ed from Amazon...just to get Premium. Slightly cheaper than buying Premium for $50...and let's face it, I'll never find a code for Premium. Thoughts?

[quote name='eugaet']I'm considering trading in BF3 for $24 to BBY, buying Amazon credit, and pre-ordering BF3 Premium Ed from Amazon...just to get Premium. Slightly cheaper than buying Premium for $50...and let's face it, I'll never find a code for Premium. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
$36 for the upgrade sounds pretty decent to me, but that's because Premium is listed at $50. I never thought I'd pay $50 for DLC, so paying anything below $50 seems like a deal, to me. It also depends on how soon you want the game to play, and how much you'll play it.

Battlefield 3 (PS3 standard version) is trading in for $18.90 at Amazon, if people were looking to trade-in elsewhere (and/or are having...issues...with Best Buy trade-ins). Might be a good idea to lock it in for the @gamer coupon next month, too.

[quote name='Masterkyo']If DLC on DISC i'll buy this game. If not i will get Regular version for $10 next month ;)[/QUOTE]

Cannot be on disk since not all the DLC has release yet. :)

[quote name='The Ebbtide']$36 for the upgrade sounds pretty decent to me, but that's because Premium is listed at $50.[/QUOTE]After all bonuses (100% + 10% GCU), I got $25.20 for BF3. Had a ton of other games I traded in at the same time, so that covered the rest. Transferred some to Amazon and pre-ordered it about 30min ago. So I'm getting an upgrade to BF3 PE for bascially time+gas.

[quote name='adamical']Where's the guy saying this would never go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. But watch as he says "jokes on you, it's not 50% off like you guys said it would be!".

Its $59.99 at newegg and bestbuy.com right now. Those that ordered from newegg with the $15 coupon like me got premium edition for $45. :bouncy:

[quote name='htz']Its $59.99 at newegg and bestbuy.com right now. Those that ordered from newegg with the $15 coupon like me got premium edition for $45. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

remember that the @gamer coupon is suppose to work on this...

[quote name='aznhero913']remember that the @gamer coupon is suppose to work on this...[/QUOTE]
Here are my reasons for why the @gamer coupon won't work.

• PS3 standard edition and PS3 premium edition UPCs are different.
    Standard - 014633197280 Premium - 014633198034
  • The coupon shows the standard edition PS3 box art with no premium edition wording, all the more reason to be denied.
  • Premium edition won't be out until later this month and it would cause suspicion to allow a coupon to be used on it.
But then again all it takes is a less than knowledgeable manager to override it, just don't go in expecting the discount to be automatic due to the different UPCs.

[quote name='htz']Here are my reasons for why the @gamer coupon won't work.

• The coupon shows the standard edition PS3 box art with no premium edition wording, all the more reason to be denied.
  • Premium edition won't be out until later this month and it would cause suspicion to allow a coupon to be used on it.
But then again all it takes is a less than knowledgeable manager to do an override it but don't go in expecting the discount to be automatic due to the different UPCs.[/QUOTE]

hmmm....i thought a BB employee said it's suppose to work?

[quote name='htz']Here are my reasons for why the @gamer coupon won't work.

But then again all it takes is a less than knowledgeable manager to override it, just don't go in expecting the discount to be automatic due to the different UPCs.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i knew all along it was not going to work , because of the sku difference. i bet there are still ppl who are going to log on here, and post about their "horrible" experience being denied by bestbuy employee ,when they tried to use the coupon on the bf3 premium edition. LOL

bread's done
Back