The Admiral's NFL Suicide Pool - Congratulations Raiden_86 - King of The 2012 Pool!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Welcome to the 2012 NFL Suicide Pool.

Complete rules are below but it's basically simple. Pick a team each week, never the same team twice, and if they win (or tie 2012 Change: Ties are a loss) you move on. Everyone gets one Bye. Don't be late.

Players must post a pick by Thursday November 29th at 6 pm EST.

I recommend not to post placeholders. Post a team. Then you can always come back and change it. If changing teams please make a new post.

Congratulations to Raiden_86 for winning the 2012 NFL Pool. His winning picks are below,

*** Raiden_86 Picks ***
Minnesota Vikings,Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Bye (Forced), Dallas Cowboys

Week 1 Results
Week 2 Results
Week 3 Results
Week 4 Results
Week 5 Results
Week 6 Results
Week 7 results
Week 8 Results
Week 9 Results
Week 10 Results
Week 11 Results
Week 12 Results
Week 13 Results

See the results of last years NFL Pool

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 2012 NFL Suicide Pool run by your host, Admiral Ackbar. The rules are the same as every year, Pinky!

*** NFL Suicide Pool Rules ***

This is all done at my whim and leisure and I can alter rules or prizes anytime I want. I don't plan to, but sometimes the unforseen comes up and I need to be flexible. This will be a fair and fun pool where everyone gets equal opportunity. Please don't take this too seriously. Not to mention, there's always the Admiral's Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the way this pool is run, you get your money back. Of course, to join is free, so you.... You get it.

Entry Period

Members can only enter the pool until 6PM EST on Tuesday, September 4th. Approximately 24 Hours before the first game of the regular season. Sometime after 6PM EST, I will lock down the pool and there will be no further entrants allowed. In the interest of fairness this is non-negotiable. So I recommend you joing before 6PM EST on Tuesday, September 4th.

Any CAG member may enter the suicide pool. To enter, just pick your team or take a BYE for week 1. Post your pick in this thread. Players who post their interest in playing but forget to place a pick by week 1 will automatically entered with a BYE.

How do I play?

1) Each week pick a team to win. (2012 Rule Change - Ties are now losses. You must now pick a team that wins.)
2) You may not pick the same team twice.
3) Every player gets one (and only one) BYE to skip a week.
4) If you accidentally miss posting a pick your BYE will be automatically spent to keep you in the game. To quote Spider-Man, "Everybody gets one."
5) Make sure you get your picks in before the weekly deadline!
6) You may change your pick up until the deadline. (Make a new post. Please don't edit your posts. Thank you.)
7) If the team you pick loses their game, you're out. (That includes ties)
8) If you don't have a first pick in by the Week 1 deadline you may not join.

When are my picks due?

There's always confusion on this point so let me reiterate. I run a soft closing. In other words, I may say the pool will close after 8PM on a Saturday, but I might not actually lock it down until I sit down at my computer and look over the latest posts. Which might not be until 10PM or maybe 8AM the next morning. I do this because I can't be at my computer 24/7. And there's always someone who's late or forgets.

I will explicity post, sometime after 8PM on the closing date, that the pool is closed for the week. That post will not happen before the posted time. Make sure your picks are in before the closing time to ensure your picks count!

What if everyone is eliminated the same week?

We have a do-over and everyone survives to the next week until we get a single winner.

What about the playoffs

We've yet to have the game survive until the playoffs.

But based on previous discussions, we developed a new system. You can pick any playoff team, but you must also pick a score. If three people pick the same team, and the team wins, then whomevers score total gets closest to the actual total wins that match.

Example
-----------
New England beats Indy 16-9 = 25

Player A picks Indy 13-21
Player B picks New England 14-7 = 21
Player C picks New England 14-9 = 23
Player D picks New England 21-17 = 38

A loses because he picked Indy. C wins because not only did he pick the winner but his total was closest to the actual total score.

When do picks need to be in again?

Picks generally need to be in the night before the first game of the week. Usually Saturday night or early sunday morning at the latest. Wednesdays for weeks when games start on Thursday.

Do not be late!

Once the week is closed, it's closed. After I close the week, I can't allow any more players in. Picks that are late do not count! So get your picks in! If you miss one deadline and you have a bye it will be used automatically. Otherwise, you're out.

*** Last Words ***

So that's it. Get your picks in, don't pick the same team twice, and remember you have one bye week. Couldn't be simpler. And don't forget that at any time I can change or cancel things since this is being run through my good will. But I don't plan to and probably won't.

Good luck!

This years 2012 Prize is, according to Wombat, "Increadible!"

519EO-pvSmL.jpg

We also have a $75 Amazon Gift Card so you can get a couple games for the DS or another console of your choice.

41twkRJQW4L._AA300_.jpg

And I'll also throw in a new copy of Amalur: Reckoning for the PS3.

61wr%2B%2B-qwBL._AA300_.jpg

I'm in, pick to come later.

Thanks for another year, Admiral! Hopefully I last longer than last year. Damn Redskins!!

Excited for another year; thanks again, Admiral!

Updated with my pick.

Week 1: Houston Texans

I'm in again this year. I'll add my pick in later. Thanks for doing this again, Admiral. Hopefully it works out as well for me this year!

Week 1 - Houston Texans

I look forward to this contest every year. Hopefully I can get back to sticking around for a while this season.

Week 1: Houston Texans

Week 1: Carolina Panthers (Placeholder team)

Being a diehard Browns fan, I'd like to see the majority of people out in week one. Nothing brings me greater joy than seeing people bet against them, and lose.

Never last long in this tournament, but always look forward to it each year. Thanks for hosting again.

Week 1 - Houston

Week 1 - Chargers

(don't you dare let me down this year Nate Keading. I picked him last year as my kicker in fantasy football, first play of the season torn ACL!)

[quote name='Rumors']Jacksonville... For now. Is mjd still holding out?[/QUOTE]

Yes he is still out. Though he should give up his stance and return by week 1.

bread's done
Back