Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Series $99.98 (Out November 13th)

Wow. I so want this. Why does it have to come out in November though? I'll be broke thanks to Octobergeddon. Maybe I can get the girlfriend to buy it as a Christmas gift or something. The packaging is so awesome.

The package is pretty nice. Horrible to store, but neat--- and oddly, the original posted price was somehow even LOWER? Strange.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The package is pretty nice. Horrible to store, but neat--- and oddly, the original posted price was somehow even LOWER? Strange.[/QUOTE]

yah im kinda curious what the price was posted at before too. But this is a low enough price imo.

[quote name='SMBScooby']There was a scooby doo set that had the same packaging.[/QUOTE]

wasnt that one made of cardboard though?

And this is Ninja Turtles......c'mon

Guess it was plastic and very similar....oh well. Still think it's unique

holy crap, want. I'm glad I didn't buy any of the seasons before. The car design looks a bit too Fisher Price to me, but this is awesome nonetheless.

These type of collections aren't good for keeping your discs scratch-free. I'm keeping my individual releases.

Not quite sure i understand the complaining about the packaging. From the picture, it looks as if it has slots a la the Bender head packaging from futurama, which houses the discs scratch free just fine. Those cardboard holders like stargate sg1 and sopranos are horrible, i don't see a problem with this set. Definitely will pick it up....for the kids of choose ;)

Time for a DVD Van battle:

THE%20KING%20OF%20QUEENS%202.jpg

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']why don't they release a blu-ray version that doesn't take so many discs[/QUOTE]

Because that would imply the show on the disc is in high definition, which this is not, nor will it ever be.

Considering I already bought all 10 Seasons on DVD individually...I'm kinda mad this didn't come out first.

Once it's listed on Amazon, I'm positive it'll be lower. If they give it the usual 30% off discount then we're looking at $69.99 or so

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Because that would imply the show on the disc is in high definition, which this is not, nor will it ever be.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who would think that would probably think it was in HD anyways. I think a blu-ray set with LESS discs would be a better option too.

[quote name='musha666']Anyone who would think that would probably think it was in HD anyways. I think a blu-ray set with LESS discs would be a better option too.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm surprised they haven't done this with TV shows where HD isn't an option. I'd love to have a 7 blu-ray disc set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, especially because it would have to have better menus than the godawful DVD ones.

If the Blu-ray format ever becomes as universal as DVDs, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that happen. But as it stands now, DVD players are much more commonplace, and it makes more financial sense (both in terms of sales and disc-pressing costs) for companies to release SD material on DVD only.

I still have all my TMNT action figures, playsets, and vehicles. This party van is nowhere near as large as the original toy (thank goodness) but I'm deathly afraid of the condition they'll arrive in. I think I've forgotten how fragile DVDs can be in this modern day and age. Definitely going to get this, though.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If the Blu-ray format ever becomes as universal as DVDs, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that happen. But as it stands now, DVD players are much more commonplace, and it makes more financial sense (both in terms of sales and disc-pressing costs) for companies to release SD material on DVD only.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the animation quality of the original TMNT television series doesn't exactly warrant re-mastering or archiving on Blu-Ray. While a fun series for its time, it has not exactly aged very well. (a trait true of many animated series from the 80s and 90s)

For my part, I'm just glad it is finally getting a full-series release. I had avoided picking it up initially, partially due to the aging I mentioned, and largely due to the staggered and sporadic release schedule. They've been releasing this series on DVD for years, and only recently got around to releasing the final season. I'd prefer to pick up a box set like this one, where I can get the whole thing in one purchase.

Great price, terrible packaging.

Still picking it up since it's the cheaper and easier option. I have a bunch of multi-disc dvd cases i can throw them in and print out covers at kinkos. Even as a huge turtle fan for over 20 years i would not have that thing on my shelf.

What's wrong with all of you? Don't still have your VHS tapes you got in Burger King kid's meals?

You people make me sick.

[quote name='Strell']What's wrong with all of you? Don't still have your VHS tapes you got in Burger King kid's meals?

You people make me sick.[/QUOTE]

I actually do!

[quote name='Strell']What's wrong with all of you? Don't still have your VHS tapes you got in Burger King kid's meals?

You people make me sick.[/QUOTE]

I still have my tape of "Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers".

OMG!

Here's the big question. Will the episodes be in order, and having the things they missed in the individual release.

[quote name='Mako1215']OMG!

Here's the big question. Will the episodes be in order, and having the things they missed in the individual release.[/QUOTE]

they are more then likely releasing them how they originally released them. Fe episodes will probably be out of order. Pretty sure they brought all the episodes out. I think the Vacation episodes were added with one of the season sets just not the one they should have been with, if those are the episodes youre referring to.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']they are more then likely releasing them how they originally released them. Fe episodes will probably be out of order. Pretty sure they brought all the episodes out. I think the Vacation episodes were added with one of the season sets just not the one they should have been with, if those are the episodes youre referring to.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be happy. I couldn't remember which episodes exactly they left out. Just knew it was some.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I haven't picked up any of the individual seasons so I'm definitely in for one! :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed and same boat here. This really brings back memories. I loved bebop and rocksteady, baxter, ect.

I learned everything I know from this show :) That is, to eat pizza, f&ck up bad guys, and befriend the wierdo in the hockey mask! lol.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I actually do![/QUOTE]

But do you watch them while wearing the awesome sunglasses you got from Pizza Hut?

I wish the studio provided an option to purchase the packaging for those of us picking up the individual sets since 2005.

The only collection I know of that the studio did that for was Friends.

[quote name='Strell']But do you watch them while wearing the awesome sunglasses you got from Pizza Hut?[/QUOTE]

Ah, no, I just use my regular glasses. Sorry. :(

[quote name='Mako1215']Well I'll be happy. I couldn't remember which episodes exactly they left out. Just knew it was some.[/QUOTE]

Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids Part 1 & 2. They were included on the Season 10 (left off of the Season 5 DVDs for whatever reason).

bread's done
Back