2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
8-2? As in last month? *Jumps in time machine*

Regardless of when this sale happens, that's pretty good for a Sleeping Dogs/Darksiders 2 combo. Might consider - thanks for the notice.

^ Yeah I know. *sigh*

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm assuming Best Buy doesn't price match deals like these?[/QUOTE]

They might if it's in the ad. I didn't think about that.

Thanks for heads up OP. Been wanting Sleeping Dogs since launch and waited for a drop, so I'm definitely considering this.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Might pick up Sleeping Dogs/Darksiders 2 if this is true.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Too good to be true? Would get darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dominator']That's beautiful. I'm definitely picking up Darksiders and Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

I"ll have to think about it, but I'd definitely try to price match at Best Buy since I'll be protected by a 30 day price match window.

haha this was the deal that only worked for a few states & puerto rico a few days ago. Now that it's an advertised deal, it's not as appealing as when I thought it was a glitch :lol:

yea.... the sleeping dogs demo was underwhelming... both it and darksiders 2 will certainly have a decent sale at best buy sooner rather than later.... im probably going to hold out on this one unless i get best buy to match it somehow. no reason to spend actual cash if im not going to play it until best buy has an awesome sale on it anyway :D

Crazy good deal if it happens. Too bad I bought darksiders 2 already. Don't see another game I want to pair with sleeping dogs. I wish transformers Fall of cybertron was on the list

Hmm, thinking about Sleeping Dogs and Spiderman. Will wait on Darksiders 2 until it hits 20 since it will take my a while to play.

Oooh, I'll keep an eye out for this. I've been waiting for an excuse to get Darksiders 2. Will pair it up with Sleeping Dogs or Prototype 2 if this deal pans out.

[quote name='mcthatch']Hmm, thinking about Sleeping Dogs and Spiderman. Will wait on Darksiders 2 until it hits 20 since it will take my a while to play.[/QUOTE]
I'm Amazed that it's taken this long for Spider-man to drop in price. I would take this deal for DS2 but I'm pretty sure DS2 will hit 20 by Black Friday as well as the rest of these. So, I'm fine with waiting.

I would consider Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs. I might want to just wait till they drop even lower considering Black Friday is around the corner.

Actually I'll just wait for Black Friday.

[quote name='Firecrest']Looks like I'm the only one considering Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs with this deal.[/QUOTE]
Only? Was that bad sarcasm???

toys r us on puerto rico had this offer last week

540430_10151014547213616_1356545707_n.jpg

this receipt does not belong to me, i grabbed the picture from the article that's written in Spanish, in case anyone wants to read it here's a link

http://pr-gamer.com/?p=1518

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Oooh, I'll keep an eye out for this. I've been waiting for an excuse to get Darksiders 2. Will pair it up with Sleeping Dogs or Prototype 2 if this deal pans out.[/QUOTE]
prototype 2 will be 30$ or less with @gamer coupon at bestbuy next month. worth the wait and potentially better deal imo

I'm on my 2nd day of a Redbox rental of Sleeping Dogs, really didn't like it much at first but am starting to really like it. My goal is to beat it for under $5 total (paid .85/night so far). Otherwise I may have considered it and Darksiders 2, although I still haven't opened my $5 copy of DS 1 from BB so that would have been an awful plan

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']toys r us on puerto rico had this offer last week

540430_10151014547213616_1356545707_n.jpg

this receipt does not belong to me, i grabbed the picture from the article that's written in Spanish, in case anyone wants to read it here's a link

http://pr-gamer.com/?p=1518[/QUOTE]

No need to cuz this was already exploited and posted by CAGs a week ago(1 was in PR but the other was in the US) and both showed their pics, I believe. Promo 082467 on the receipt somehow worked for them way before the promo started(PR was supposed to but the US CAG must've known a TRU employee but just acted like he hit paydirt in a YMMV situation in his thread).

Anyway, I bought Darksiders II as a preorder from TRU on release day and got the free guide in the deal. Is there any chance that they'd let me do a return/rebuy with Sleeping Dogs as I'd essentially be getting Sleeping Dogs for free by doing so. I'd have to part with the guide, I know....or...maybe not:whistle2:k-how would they handle that if they allowed it? Obviously I'd rather have Sleeping Dogs than the guide(which I haven't had to unseal and reference yet) but It'd be sweet if they let me keep it as well. What do you guys think they will allow?

Correction:it was not a preorder but a purchase in store on release day

I really want to bite for Darksiders 2 but I havent beaten ds1 yet and I'm curious about the WiiU version. Ive heard a lot of negative stuff regarding glitches and low res textures on 360/ps3. Plus I'll need something to play on my wii u this winter. Enhanced late generation classics make for great new gen system launches.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9'] ... robe rmaazing spiderman... [/QUOTE]

I cant find that one on the website.

I search for robe, i search for rmaazing, cannot find.

I remember when this was a the same deal that was a glitch a while ago around the time fear 3 came out. If this ones true, Sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 would be an absolute steal. Two highly rated games for $30 right after release, im in!

Sleeping Dogs and BF3 would be great at a sixty clip. Even though Darksiders 2 is new, I don't really see it at thirty bucks being a bargain.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='kobeisgod']Crazy good deal if it happens. Too bad I bought darksiders 2 already. Don't see another game I want to pair with sleeping dogs. I wish transformers Fall of cybertron was on the list[/QUOTE]

You could also return the sealed TRU copy of Darksiders II to your original place of purchase.

last year TRU had a 2 for 50 deal and besstbuy price matched

got fear 3 and la. Noire they were brand new hell fear 3 was just released that day

[quote name='taylort3']yea.... the sleeping dogs demo was underwhelming... [/QUOTE]

having plat'd Sleeping Dogs, I can say it's one of the absolute best games of the year. It's combat is far superior to many games it mimics, including GTA and Saint's Row... it's just done right. The plot is solid and kept me engaged.

Absolutely amazing game. A must buy for fans of open world games like GTA and SR... and in some aspects of gameplay, the best of the lot.

For example, you don't get to 'keep' weapons. This makes combat fluid and everchanging, as you start a fight using a well designed melee system, using the environment to your advantage, end up wrestling a knife away from someone, then having that eventually flow into a gunfight.

Worth every dime at $30.

how much of an improvement is Prototype 2 over Prototype? The first one was... fun enough, I guess, but was underwhelming... bad graphics, very little 'life' in the city... reminded me of that Hulk game, actually. I could see the game being good if they totally reinvented the engine... did they?

[quote name='affa']having plat'd Sleeping Dogs, I can say it's one of the absolute best games of the year. It's combat is far superior to many games it mimics, including GTA and Saint's Row... it's just done right. The plot is solid and kept me engaged.

Absolutely amazing game. A must buy for fans of open world games like GTA and SR... and in some aspects of gameplay, the best of the lot.

For example, you don't get to 'keep' weapons. This makes combat fluid and everchanging, as you start a fight using a well designed melee system, using the environment to your advantage, end up wrestling a knife away from someone, then having that eventually flow into a gunfight.

Worth every dime at $30.[/QUOTE]

have to agree. the game is very good. playing it now and its on par with any gta game ive played.

toys r us is to far and dont want to pay shipping If Best Buy will pricematch might try there. Wish Transformers was on list but Sleeping Dogs has been getting good buzz and $30 would get me to bite. Wonder if Amazon will match, nah better luck with BB.

[quote name='affa']how much of an improvement is Prototype 2 over Prototype? The first one was... fun enough, I guess, but was underwhelming... bad graphics, very little 'life' in the city... reminded me of that Hulk game, actually. I could see the game being good if they totally reinvented the engine... did they?[/QUOTE]

I wanna know this as well. The only difference between you and me is that I hated the first Prototype.

[quote name='affa']how much of an improvement is Prototype 2 over Prototype? The first one was... fun enough, I guess, but was underwhelming... bad graphics, very little 'life' in the city... reminded me of that Hulk game, actually. I could see the game being good if they totally reinvented the engine... did they?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vap']I wanna know this as well. The only difference between you and me is that I hated the first Prototype.[/QUOTE]

Personally I didn't like the first Prototype very much. Prototype 2 improves in some areas. Graphics are much better, gameplay is better, controls are better, and the locations are much better(the Red Zone is very nice to see).
The story itself is not only pretty stupid but very short. You can beat the entire story/side missions/etc. in a handful of hours. The plus side if you want to 1000GS/Platinum this game it is extremely easy. If you are looking for a lasting experience this might last you a few days tops.

If you can grab it for $10 before or after using the @Gamer coupon then I would recommend it. Otherwise I might not. I'm 100% serious when I say this game is short.

bread's done
Back