Cheetahmen: The Creation (NES) 50% Off with Purchase

neifirst

CAGiversary!
Cheetahmen: The Creation is half off if you add $99 to your reward pledge level #4, #5, #6 or #7 in the Cheetahmen II: The Lost Levels Kickstarter.

The details regarding this are as follows (all caps warning!):

WE HAVE HAD A LARGE NUMBER OF BACKERS ASK US ABOUT A REWARD THAT INCLUDED CHEETAHMEN:THE CREATION, AND OF COURSE, THEY WANTED A "DEAL".

SO HERE GOES:

ANYONE WHO PLEDGED FOR REWARD #4, #5, #6 OR #7 MAY INCREASE THEIR PLEDGE TOTAL BY $99 AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE CREATION THAT WILL HAVE A MATCHING HOLOGRAM SERIAL NUMBER TO THEIR LOST LEVELS GAME. IF YOUR REWARD LEVEL INCLUDED AUTOGRAPHED COPIES, THE BONUS GAME WILL BE AUTOGRAPHED TOO.

THIS IS A FULL GAME AND GAMEBOX SET.

THERE WILL BE NO ADDED CHARGES FOR FREIGHT ON THIS BONUS ITEM.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING BUT RETURN TO YOUR PLEDGE AND INCREASE THE AMOUNT BY $99. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE THE REWARD SELECTED. AT THE END OF THE PROJECT, WE WILL POLL ALL BACKERS FOR SHIPPING INFO AND TO CONFIRM THE "EXTRAS AND BONUSES".

It's pricey for a "deal", but if you're a collector, these are some rare, interesting NES games. The Kickstarter has been fully-funded, so you WILL be charged for the items come September 6th.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Why would you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?[/QUOTE]

Correction: Why WOULDN'T you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?

Throughout my life I've lost money on worse deals (losing bets in the last World Cup; buying Quest 64, accidentally catching my wallet on fire while cooking dinner; eating at horribly overpriced restaurants; drinking myself silly to where I couldn't properly say my own name; plunking $10 into a marble madness machine; paying a grand to fix my 1992 Ford Taurus).

If Cheetahmen II is just another page in my life story of unfortunate situations with money, so be it.

Cheetahmen II is the awesome kind of shit. Action 52 in general is the awesome kind of shit, it plays like a guide on how NOT to design games. The best (worst?) part is that you can see how much potential it has.

There's just something perversely entertaining about having those games staring at me from my shelf, sandwiched between Bionic Commando and Contra.

"Hey guys! You bought our horrendous $200 compilation of terrible games in the past, right? Can you give us extra money (we don't really need it because we're rich old guys) to make you buy it again? Y'know, since you're collectors now!" \\:D/

Nowhere near deserving enough to be a CAG deal.

[quote name='neifirst']There's just something perversely entertaining about having those games staring at me from my shelf, sandwiched between Bionic Commando and Contra.[/QUOTE]

That's about all you can do with that shitty game stare at it on your shelf.

:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?

[quote name='Sushi7065']
Throughout my life I've lost money on worse deals (losing bets in the last World Cup; buying Quest 64, accidentally catching my wallet on fire while cooking dinner; eating at horribly overpriced restaurants; drinking myself silly to where I couldn't properly say my own name; plunking $10 into a marble madness machine; paying a grand to fix my 1992 Ford Taurus).
[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are my new role model.

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']You, sir, are my new role model.

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.[/QUOTE]

#-o

I remember when Cheetahman 2 was available for sale on the Internet shortly after it was discovered for about $60 each, if only I had a time machine and could travel back to 1997.....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever.[/QUOTE]

Please count me as one of the members of this community for whom you don't speak.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]

Some have yes like Wasteland 2? And a few other games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]

Although the game hasn't been completed yet, I have received my t-shirt, poster and pin from the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter. I would be very surprised if this game doesn't see the light of day.

Also, the creator of the Diamond Trust of London for Nintendo DS Kickstarter has posted pictures of his manufactured game, which seems to lend to his credibility.

I'm sure that some of these campaign may turn into nothing, but I think that many of them are not scams, but are honest, creative people trying to bring something interesting into the market.

I'm not actually aware of any Kickstarter campaigns that haven't delivered what was promised to their backers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever.

[/QUOTE]

Banned from the site? No.

Banned from the deals forum? Yes.

Unless you know the facts of the kickstarter you have no right to go saying that they are ripping people off or that they are wanting to make money. Learn the facts first!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]

i disagree solely because of the following that spawned from this thread

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']You, sir, are my new role model.

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.[/QUOTE]

i want to second this.

also...wtf is the game and why is it 500 dollars. and who in the heck would buy it? i think what we have here is the modern day form of the age old commercial....limited time coin just being released worth 100 dollars will sell it to you for 10 dollars. the gaming community just hasnt caught on yet.

[quote name='waldo21212']Banned from the site? No.

Banned from the deals forum? Yes.[/QUOTE]

This. Kickstarters for things like Pinball Arcade and other games I personally want to fund are great to know about on here. But in the deals forum? Not so much. Especially this!

Ok, I just watched a gameplay video and seriously: what... the... fuck? People actually PAY for that game? And want ANOTHER one? Are these the same people that view a pile of shit spray-painted gold as art?

[quote name='kburns10']This. Kickstarters for things like Pinball Arcade and other games I personally want to fund are great to know about on here. But in the deals forum? Not so much. Especially this![/QUOTE]

Are you making a sly joke or you making an unknowing reference? Farsight studios, the people making pinball arcade, are who made the genesis version of action 52.

[quote name='waldo21212']Banned from the site? No.

Banned from the deals forum? Yes.[/QUOTE]

Another vote for this.

This is an incredible scam. All he is doing is putting a readily available, hacked ROM on a cart. The people who donated to this are suckers of epic proportions, most of which are from NintendoAge, so that'll give you an idea on the kind of winners who flock to that shithole.

Most are doing it on the pretext that these are going to be worth something, when they are the sole market so clearly the value is, at best, going to stay at what they paid.

It's ridiculous that this guy has any support at all after his first repro release, which cost MINIMUM $200.

It's just a sad situation over all. You'd like to think logic would win out and this guy would be laughed into the next time zone. Apparently, logic is dead.

[quote name='Sushi7065']Correction: Why WOULDN'T you want to pay for one of the shittiest NES games ever made?
[/QUOTE]

Because I like to put my money towards quality products. I work hard for my money, I want the products out there to earn my money's attention as well.

And let's be real about this: Just because the Angry video Game Nerd highlighted this game, does not mean you should trip over yourself to buy it, or it's sequel.

But I guess to each his own. One man's shit is another man's chocolate fudge sundae. So, bon appetit.

I have a much better deal for all of you!

If you donate 10 bucks to me I will just kick you in the balls as hard as I can and then shake your hand! For a 20 dollar donation I will also include a sincere thank you letter signed personally by me for you to frame as a reminder of this wonderful event!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!! For those of you that are feeling truly generous and wish to go above and beyond and donate a whopping FIFTY DOLLAR donation not only will you receive all the previously mentioned "gifts", I will also, for a limited time punch you in your nose until it shatters, causing you extreme pain and possible disfigurement. This extremely limited offer will also come with a sandwich bag filled with melting ice to attempt to provide some temporary relief from the pain of this possibly disfiguring permanent reminder of this wonderful once in a life time encounter!

Please, don't hesitate to contact me because quite honestly I am not sure how long supplies will last on this epic offer, or quite even the legal issues involved either. Get yours now before someone else does and you end up looking like someone who is just jumping on the bandwagon,

[quote name='Spyder187']I have a much better deal for all of you!

If you donate 10 bucks to me I will just kick you in the balls as hard as I can and then shake your hand! For a 20 dollar donation I will also include a sincere thank you letter signed personally by me for you to frame as a reminder of this wonderful event!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!! For those of you that are feeling truly generous and wish to go above and beyond and donate a whopping FIFTY DOLLAR donation not only will you receive all the previously mentioned "gifts", I will also, for a limited time punch you in your nose until it shatters, causing you extreme pain and possible disfigurement. This extremely limited offer will also come with a sandwich bag filled with melting ice to attempt to provide some temporary relief from the pain of this possibly disfiguring permanent reminder of this wonderful once in a life time encounter!

Please, don't hesitate to contact me because quite honestly I am not sure how long supplies will last on this epic offer, or quite even the legal issues involved either. Get yours now before someone else does and you end up looking like someone who is just jumping on the bandwagon, [/QUOTE]
donating 200 dollars. for me the wife and kids!!! this xmas is early folks!!!

Can somebody take this shit out of here please?

Who the fuck is gonna pay money for such a shitty game? why would anybody do it, is not even worthy for people who collect NES because they like the original shit and not some fan-made shit.

Get it out, GET THIS SHIT OUT OF HERE!

The video alone should make people boycott this project. The only thing even remotely redeeming is that the little skinny guy from the beginning of the video looks like a fucking Muppet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]
I hate this new Kickstarter trend and I can't believe the way people throw away their money on crap like Ouya or iPhone watches, but there have been a few projects here and there actually worthy of funding. fuck people like DoubleFine and Penny Arcade who don't actually need the money, but there are some great indie projects that wouldn't be happening if it weren't for crowd funding. They are definitely the minority, though.

And for what it's worth, I've received one item I backed and I currently have a game on the way to my house.

[quote name='lockarm']Because I like to put my money towards quality products. I work hard for my money, I want the products out there to earn my money's attention as well.

And let's be real about this: Just because the Angry video Game Nerd highlighted this game, does not mean you should trip over yourself to buy it, or it's sequel.

But I guess to each his own. One man's shit is another man's chocolate fudge sundae. So, bon appetit.[/QUOTE]

AVGN actually took it back, said he didn't do enough research and that he actually isn't behind the project.

For the world's economy to be in the proverbial shitter, it's amazing what its inhabitants will spend their money on.

[quote name='portnoyd']Another vote for this.

This is an incredible scam. All he is doing is putting a readily available, hacked ROM on a cart. The people who donated to this are suckers of epic proportions, most of which are from NintendoAge, so that'll give you an idea on the kind of winners who flock to that shithole.

Most are doing it on the pretext that these are going to be worth something, when they are the sole market so clearly the value is, at best, going to stay at what they paid.

It's ridiculous that this guy has any support at all after his first repro release, which cost MINIMUM $200.

It's just a sad situation over all. You'd like to think logic would win out and this guy would be laughed into the next time zone. Apparently, logic is dead.[/QUOTE]

So true.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.[/QUOTE]
If we get to hear the wallet story then this thread will have been worth it.

really? it reached the goal without even showin one screenshot from gameplay?.....that game was a joke with good music, its so retarded but i still play it...

[quote name='Nico8912']Wrong. http://cinemassacre.com/2012/08/12/cheetahmen-2-update/[/QUOTE]

smashbro is correct. He commented on his channel admitting that he didn't know much about the funding and even had doubts about the cost himself. Of course it was quickly deleted once people started bitching and making video responses.

If anyone really wants to play a complete version of the game there's already a patch that fixes the lost levels. I'm not sure who would want to pay $60 to play one of the the shittiest games ever.

The Creation game is just the two-level version of Cheetahmen taken from the Action 52 prototype, limited to 1500 cartridges with the intention to be a collector’s item. Greg Pabich is intending to do the same with the Cheetahmen 2 kickstarter, offering $60 copies of the game as a deal on kickstarter. In the comments of the kickstarter, he says after it ends, “CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC , BUT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE( THINK 3X AS MUCH)” and “THE GRAND TOTAL WILL BE LIMITED THOUGH TO KEEP THE VALUE UP NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.”

[quote name='Sharp Katana']smashbro is correct. He commented on his channel admitting that he didn't know much about the funding and even had doubts about the cost himself. Of course it was quickly deleted once people started bitching and making video responses.

If anyone really wants to play a complete version of the game there's already a patch that fixes the lost levels. I'm not sure who would want to pay $60 to play one of the the shittiest games ever.[/QUOTE]

This is largely for hardcore collectors with money to burn. I doubt anybody is actually getting this to play it.

So it was my favorite wallet (and still is) that I've ever had the pleasure of owning in my life - a $3 clearance NES wallet. Thing was great. Carried my metrocard, my keys, everything. Loved it.

Now I was a cook at the time. Well, amateur cook- fresh out of culinary school. Working 70-hour weeks, learning the ropes, making $350 a week after taxes in NYC- it was not easy. Lived in the basement of some random italian guido's super-nice house outside of the City. All I had to live on outside of work- on my single off day- was pretty much sandwiches and instant noodles. The pan-fried yakisoba variety were my favorite.

So one off day, while juggling lunch with doing laundry, I started pan-frying some chinese sausage for my pan-fried noodles. Totally got sidetracked after putting my laundry in the washer playing a stage of Rez. Came back, and not only were the sausage now lumps of fiery coal, smoke now filled the "living/dining room" of the basement. Panicking, I had no utensil in sight- no lid- all my clothes and towels were in the wash- and water on flash-point oil was not an option-

I dove into the pocket of my jeans, and proceeded to beat the crap out of my flaming pan with the floppy ends of my wallet like an idiot that was apparently born yesterday.

Apparently $3 at Hot Topic does not buy you flame-retardant material.

After realizing the idiotic decision I made, I threw the flaming pile of fabric and reciepts to the ground, shut off the gas (don't even ask why I didn't think of it earlier) and propped open a window to let the smoke and smell of burning polyester escape. I just let that wallet burn in the middle of the tile flooring to a molten pile of nothing, my mind an inescapable void where no sentience seemed to exist.

It was probably the single most retarded thing I've ever done in my life.

Luckily there was no actual cash in it; my license had expired and I only owned one credit card. I bummed a metrocard ride off of someone into the city the next morning and borrowed money from my Chef for the rest of the week until payday came up and my debit card came in the mail.

When my friends asked me about the wallet later in the week, I told them I accidentally left it on the bus.

But you, dear CAGs, know the true story.

And if I ever make it big in the cooking world (I'm a sous chef now for a big-name restaurant in Manhattan), you now know of my very humble beginnings.

You people sicken me. How can you call Kickstarter of all things a scam? It's a magical invention that makes dreams come true. If someone is unable to complete their project due to the sun harassing them, who are you to call him/her/it a con artist?

Seriously though, I'm shocked this turd was actually funded. I assumed it would've died, leaving everybody with their money still in hand. I know how fools and money typically are, but this is ridiculous.

[quote name='airco']You people sicken me. How can you call Kickstarter of all things a scam? It's a magical invention that makes dreams come true. If someone is unable to complete their project due to the sun harassing them, who are you to call him/her/it a con artist?

Seriously though, I'm shocked this turd was actually funded. I assumed it would've died, leaving everybody with their money still in hand. I know how fools and money typically are, but this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Now that's just funny. Although I feel bad for the 85 people who funded her project and will likely never see anything from it.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Sushi7065']So it was my favorite wallet (and still is) that I've ever had the pleasure of owning in my life - a $3 clearance NES wallet. Thing was great. Carried my metrocard, my keys, everything. Loved it.

Now I was a cook at the time. Well, amateur cook- fresh out of culinary school. Working 70-hour weeks, learning the ropes, making $350 a week after taxes in NYC- it was not easy. Lived in the basement of some random italian guido's super-nice house outside of the City. All I had to live on outside of work- on my single off day- was pretty much sandwiches and instant noodles. The pan-fried yakisoba variety were my favorite.

So one off day, while juggling lunch with doing laundry, I started pan-frying some chinese sausage for my pan-fried noodles. Totally got sidetracked after putting my laundry in the washer playing a stage of Rez. Came back, and not only were the sausage now lumps of fiery coal, smoke now filled the "living/dining room" of the basement. Panicking, I had no utensil in sight- no lid- all my clothes and towels were in the wash- and water on flash-point oil was not an option-

I dove into the pocket of my jeans, and proceeded to beat the crap out of my flaming pan with the floppy ends of my wallet like an idiot that was apparently born yesterday.

Apparently $3 at Hot Topic does not buy you flame-retardant material.

After realizing the idiotic decision I made, I threw the flaming pile of fabric and reciepts to the ground, shut off the gas (don't even ask why I didn't think of it earlier) and propped open a window to let the smoke and smell of burning polyester escape. I just let that wallet burn in the middle of the tile flooring to a molten pile of nothing, my mind an inescapable void where no sentience seemed to exist.

It was probably the single most retarded thing I've ever done in my life.

Luckily there was no actual cash in it; my license had expired and I only owned one credit card. I bummed a metrocard ride off of someone into the city the next morning and borrowed money from my Chef for the rest of the week until payday came up and my debit card came in the mail.

When my friends asked me about the wallet later in the week, I told them I accidentally left it on the bus.

But you, dear CAGs, know the true story.

And if I ever make it big in the cooking world (I'm a sous chef now for a big-name restaurant in Manhattan), you now know of my very humble beginnings.[/QUOTE]

if you ever make it big give a plug somewhere....CAG + wallet story(dont have to tell it just say wallet story).

also that was an epic story. this thread was now worth it.

[quote name='kayne2000']if you ever make it big give a plug somewhere....CAG + wallet story(dont have to tell it just say wallet story).

also that was an epic story. this thread was now worth it.[/QUOTE]

Here, here excellent story. If you ever find yourself in the SF/SJ area drop me a message as I would gladly buy you a drink.

Furthermore, I propose a new Kickstarter: The replace Sushi's long lost wallet fund. Our funding goal is $10K (we need to make an indie short out of the story as well) and the entry level reward includes Sushi regaling you with more tales of his life (I sense the next Kitchen Confidential on our hands). I can't confirm it, but for the next level I am thinking we have Cheapest send a personal PM telling you just how stupid you are for participating in a Kickstarter.

bread's done
Back