Analysts: Pressure on Sony for PS2 Price Cut Grows

It almost feels as though Sony wants to show off its dominance in the gaming industry a little. It watches it's only two competitors drop prices to spur demand, and yet it does nothing. It's as if Sony is saying, we can wait unti E3, we're always number one. We're not following your price cuts Microsoft.

[quote name='evilmax17']Please, what are they gonna do, drop it $20? That's nothing. Dropping it to $100 though, would make the universe implode![/quote]

xbox would never sell another console lol

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']They should drop it to at least $150 if not $130 or $100[/quote]

im guessing they're gunna drop the core system to 120-130 and the online pack to 150

id LOVE to see them go to 100 and make the xbox sweat...how sweet would it be to see the box lower itself 2 times in 3-4 months?

[quote name='BigNick']Thats what sony gets for being greedy. I bet the ps2 would be $200-250 or maybe still $300 if there were no xbox.[/quote]

Every other console developer would do exactly the same if the situation were reversed. :roll:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='jeffreyjrose']They should drop it to at least $150 if not $130 or $100[/quote]

im guessing they're gunna drop the core system to 120-130 and the online pack to 150

id LOVE to see them go to 100 and make the xbox sweat...how sweet would it be to see the box lower itself 2 times in 3-4 months?[/quote]

I'll bet we see it happen. If Sony counters with a PS2 cut, I think MS will try to undercut them immediately again. Out of PS2 and Xbox, I think Xbox will hit the $100 mark first.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='jeffreyjrose']They should drop it to at least $150 if not $130 or $100[/quote]

id LOVE to see them go to 100 and make the xbox sweat...how sweet would it be to see the box lower itself 2 times in 3-4 months?[/quote]

Sweeter than candy, my friend. Sweeter than candy.

[quote name='evilmax17']Please, what are they gonna do, drop it $20? That's nothing. Dropping it to $100 though, would make the universe implode![/quote]

... implode, LMAO! :p

I don't care anymore. PS2 can sell better than Xbox, as long as I know in my mind that Xbox better, I don't care.

bread's done
Back