Devil May Cry HD Collection- $18.85 (PS3) $21.42 (360) FSSS/Prime - Amazon 3rd Party

GuardianE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the completely off topic post, but while we're talking about deals for this game, I was wondering what happened to the bestsku DMC HD thread. Looks like it was deleted...I received my "brand new" copy yesterday, but it clearly wasn't new. Didn't have its original factory seal, and was obviously re-sealed. :(

I don't suppose any of these old games are substantially better than DMC 4. I played through that and didn't like it much. Didn't like Bayonetta either, which seemed similar. I guess I'm not into the hack and slash games where you're graded on your combo chain, style and variety like that.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I don't suppose any of these old games are substantially better than DMC 4. I played through that and didn't like it much. Didn't like Bayonetta either, which seemed similar. I guess I'm not into the hack and slash games where you're graded on your combo chain, style and variety like that.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much answered your own question bud. No point in buying this then, DMC 4 storyline/gameplay wise felt lacking IMO compared to DMC 3 which is easily the best out of the series (you know, before Capcom went ahead and fucked it up by 're-imaging' it, again.)

However, Bayonetta is also easily one of the best hack-n-slash games, and now that Ninja Gaiden looks pretty dead, I'd probably say it's the only worthwhile title this gen that is inside the 'hack-n-slash' which really isn't all about that in higher levels.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Is 360 version still confirmed better version ?[/QUOTE]

Um, when was it ever confirmed better?

As far as I know, they have been the same except ps3 having more trophies than the 360 achievements.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Um, when was it ever confirmed better?

As far as I know, they have been the same except ps3 having more trophies than the 360 achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's just controller preference on this.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I don't suppose any of these old games are substantially better than DMC 4. I played through that and didn't like it much. Didn't like Bayonetta either, which seemed similar. I guess I'm not into the hack and slash games where you're graded on your combo chain, style and variety like that.[/QUOTE]

DMC3 is a much better overall title than DMC4. Many would argue that DMC1 is a better overall title than DMC4. While I do love DMC4, DMC3 just had more care to its craft and the story was actually pretty good. DMC1 has a lot of horror elements from back when it was supposed to be a Resident Evil title. It oozes atmosphere, and isn't quite as combo based... you might like it better.

As I stated in the OP, both console versions are pretty much identical. Both run smoothly. It comes down to controller preference and achievement/trophy preference... The PS3 version does have three platinums. The 360 version has 1000 points total.

[quote name='trunks982']price went back up. oh well[/QUOTE]

Hm, looks like the third party seller sold out.

Another third party seller has it for $21.56... that's only three dollars more. 360 version is actually cheaper now at $20.16. Both with FSSS/Prime. I'll update the title.

Great series at a great price. Played them all at their launches though. A nice deal for those what haven't introduced themselves to the series yet.

bread's done
Back