Borderlands CAG Co-op

Velo214

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey guys. Just to get a thread going here so we can leavy FriskyTanuki's psn thread alone. I'm gonna try to get a game going soon. Let's try to meet up at Skag Valley, the first teleport waypoint before fighting nine tails(lol, i meant nine toes, damn you naruto!) after blowing open the cave. That will get the tutorial out of the way. I have a new character and so does my girl, but if you wanna do mad moxxxi's or dlc you can also get that going. Peace all

im gonna try to run an elemental/smg siren and my girl is gonna try to run as a support/medic soldier. we can all overlap characters or whatever. yow

Last edited by a moderator:
tagging. I got my Mordecai about to the point where you guys are at last night. Not exactly sure how I'll build him. probably like I did with my xbox character and have him excel in pistols for the most part, my blodwing will be pimped out as well.

With the Moxxi DLC, its best to have the lowest level host, I think fast travel is avaialable around level 7 IIRC. Having that person host will make it so all the enimies will be ranked with the level 7 host. We should be able to mop those trophies up no problem with 3 other 50+ characters.

Anyways, I'm down to play anytime so I'll keep a eye out for you guys.

Level 25 (around that), soldier. Beat the zombie dlc. Need to do the other dlcs (started clap trap one). Just into/past new haven stuff.

Psn: shadowkastone

Pretty much same situation as gettinmoney (whom I'm friends with already)

k, so i got to level 9 on accident just by selling guns a cag gave me. (exp bonus for challenges of selling items and so much $) id be down for some moxxxi sessions as the host before i level up too high. i can fast travel, yups, and i can do marathons if it is late/kids & wife asleep.

/also im giving up on amazing spiderman now, the game has glitched on me with no spider-tracer upgrade. argh!

I'm a level 50 Roland and I'm interested in doing the Moxxi arenas. With the low level host, it'll hopefully go faster than the four hours or so that I heard each one takes. The only problem is finding a time that everyone can get together. We can also take it slow so we don't get burned out, like just do one a week.

yeah im down whenever gettinmoney. it won't mess with our games much as it's pretty seperate with no xp gain and no real loot drops right? i think you can still get a skill point out of it, so that's cool. my son goes to sleep midnight central time ish, so id be down if you are.

"However, the minimum levels of the enemies are at level 10 - so if the host is level 1 will you fight enemies level 10/11/12.

But you should note the following: If you do Mad Moxxi online will you need to do everything in a row and even with lower level enemies will a greater challenge need some time and you can't pause and take a break.
I preferred doing it solo cause you can pause the game whenever you want and do something else (just let the game running) as often you want - but sure, doing it solo with enemies of your level will need time as well. "

it also says to have the same hosts, same characters and same playthroughs. so im down. ill get a bowl or two preloaded and ready, a NOS or AMP or MTNDEW ready to go, and then im down for a few hours. lol

[quote name='Velo214']yeah im down whenever gettinmoney. it won't mess with our games much as it's pretty seperate with no xp gain and no real loot drops right? i think you can still get a skill point out of it, so that's cool. my son goes to sleep midnight central time ish, so id be down if you are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I hear, you don't get much out of it. I'm only doing this for the trophies.

same here, lol. i heard it's the worst dlc in the world, haha, just joking.

hey but you played the game alot, i havnt checked the control settings much, but i think i looked but couldnt find a way. but can you change aim/fire to L1/R1 and special ability/grenade to L2/R2. I'm so used to cod(and every other game) that when i go to aim i waste my power, then when i go to shoot i toss a grenade, ugh...

just a slight problem but still... shouldnt take me too many days to rewire my brain if i can't remap the controls.

[quote name='Velo214']same here, lol. i heard it's the worst dlc in the world, haha, just joking.

hey but you played the game alot, i havnt checked the control settings much, but i think i looked but couldnt find a way. but can you change aim/fire to L1/R1 and special ability/grenade to L2/R2. I'm so used to cod(and every other game) that when i go to aim i waste my power, then when i go to shoot i toss a grenade, ugh...

just a slight problem but still... shouldnt take me too many days to rewire my brain if i can't remap the controls.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I haven't played the game in over two years so I got no idea.

Bumslie said he's down for the Moxxi DLC although he is low level too so if we can find one more high level player, that should make it much easier. Maybe we can try on Thursday night?

[quote name='Velo214']same here, lol. i heard it's the worst dlc in the world, haha, just joking.

just a slight problem but still... shouldnt take me too many days to rewire my brain if i can't remap the controls.[/QUOTE]

I was doing the same thing throwing down my special ability. I'm level 6 now and just about to kill Nine Toes. I'm really liking Borderlands so far. I know there is a lot I still need to learn but the experience is good. Also I hope there isn't a dreaded disconnection from the server. I got a strong internet connection so hopefully I can host the Moxxi DLC.

Go to Settings/Options/Controls once paused in-game, press left once to "Resistant" or something like that. The controls aren't mappable, but there are a few difference choices, with Resistant having L1 aim, R1 shoot I believe.

Warning, you'll have to do this every time for Player 2 in couch co-op (at least for me, since 2nd player was from a different PS3 profile). You can also turn the aim sensitivity bar up if you wish.

As for Moxxi DLC, it is bad DLC because it's a grind/bland/repetitive, no exp, no pause/breaks, and the loot is bad. Luckily the 3 beginner arenas are short, and give +1 skill point for playthrough 1 & 2, for 2 bonus skill points. The real crime is the harder arenas for gold trophies.

That said, the other 3 DLC are outstanding. I'm not a fan of DLC normally, but Borderlands impressed me with those. Psyched for Borderlands 2!

yeah i hate full price days on release but for all the dlc already announced and the mechromancer and etc, im down with 45 at bestbuy day 1 purchase.

I'm up to level 6, but unfortunately I finished Skag Valley and popped Nine Toes already. I'm done for the night as of now though. So if you guys wanna finish Skag Valley and Nine Toes off via co-op tomorrow night and then invite me later on I'm ok with that.

By the way, I'm playing as Mordecai, since I enjoy being able to take out enemies from a distance with the sniper rifle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm up to level 6, but unfortunately I finished Skag Valley and popped Nine Toes already. I'm done for the night as of now though. So if you guys wanna finish Skag Valley and Nine Toes off via co-op tomorrow night and then invite me later on I'm ok with that.

By the way, I'm playing as Mordecai, since I enjoy being able to take out enemies from a distance with the sniper rifle.[/QUOTE]

I'm level 6 also and I'm about to fight Nine Toes. Add me if you want to try co-op. I'm playing as Rolando. Still need practice but getting used to things.

I have all 4 level 69 characters all dlc already completed but hit me up on psn if anyone ever
needs help. Screen name same as cag

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm a level 50 Roland and I'm interested in doing the Moxxi arenas. With the low level host, it'll hopefully go faster than the four hours or so that I heard each one takes. The only problem is finding a time that everyone can get together. We can also take it slow so we don't get burned out, like just do one a week.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make it much faster. My friend and I used two level 69 soldiers with a low level host and even though you can plow through the enemies, there's still a waiting period in between each round. Not to mention there's always that one enemy that loves to get lost in a corner and you have to go find it. You'll still likely take 3+ hours.

Good game last night. Sucks I had to start at lvl 1 but when I get off work I'll try to level up as much as I can to catch up to you guys.

I have a Hunter lvl 58, campaign playthrough 2 completed, 2nd playthrough of Dr. Zed almost complete and I would like to complete the 2nd playthrough of Claptrap & Knox if someone wants to co-op and is on the 2nd playthrough. Been playing all SP on Mordecai thus far but haven't touched it in about 3months now.

I'd be willing to help do the 1st & 2nd playthroughs of mad moxi arena's as well with some lower lvls if anyone wants. I wouldn't mind the trophies and my 2nd skill pt for playthrough 2.

I also have a lvl 26 Siren that is in New Haven so far campaign wise. I was playing that co-op with a buddy when PSN when down last April for a long while due to the hack and we never went back to it bc he lost interest. If anyone is around that lvl and wants to finish playthrough 1 I'd be happy to co-op some of it.

Long story short, I think it was bc it was taking forever to do the first playthrough bc we're both big time completists when we go through a game and try to avoid leaving anything undone. I tried to explain that it would be ok to leave some side quests till the end or later but he wanted to do them all and the grind of it all got boring to him I think.

He has never played an mmo and doesn't do rpg's so he's not really use to any kind of grind. Also the loot coloring system confused him despite him being a very intelligent individual. He took forever to pick skill pts, decide on weapons, what to sell/keep etc. He also used the wrong weapons for his character (hunter)despite me trying to explain to him that it wasn't like a typical fps or action game where you could use any gun and it didn't really matter.

I don't mind a different take on playstyle but he slowed our progress as a result, fights took longer, made it difficult on me and he isn't the best at fps's. Also his constant backing up caused us some problems with getting respawns from behind as well and unnecessary death's. LOL

He actually preordered BL2 despite the lack of desire to finish BL. Go figure. Sorry for the long story.

Anyway, I should be available to play mon-thurs 7pm-1am, Friday 7pm-2am, Saturday anytime and Sunday 9am-11am & 2pm-10pm. All times eastern. Once the NFL starts Sundays will vary a bit but I should be able to work out a time to play.

Feel free to msg me here or add me on psn and send me a pm.

Hope to see some of you in Pandora =)

PSN ID:
Namsative

I also Pre-ordered BL2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition as well and will be looking to Co-op it at some point as well. Not sure I'll play on/around release since my back log like many other's is huge and I'm working on 3 other games atm.

Still feel free to add me and maybe some us can get some 4player co-op characters going together on it as well in the coming weeks. I've only done 2 player co-op on any of my co-op games on PS3/360 so some 3/4 player would be cool.

I highly recommend you back up your save/character before playing online, especially with randoms. I have had to start over twice now because of 'keep your insides inside' and id rather not play with anyone that has these glitched quests/etc. if you start a new character it wipes it fresh if you are down with that. most of the online games are infected and either say kyii or a dlc quest if applicable.

brodaz and sgtwillia and koopakid ran to sledge last night. you guys can go as far as sledge or further or whatev. its a good meeting point cuz there are lots of missions to do if bored/solo. i ran solo this morning for an hour and got a good transfusion/health grenade and got myself a phase shift artifact ;) let's meet up and play later. but maybe take our time more. last night was crazy fast paced for me.

I'm probably going to start the game up in a bit myself. Like I said, I'm just past taking on Nine Toes, who seemed fairly easy since I just kept jumping up on the higher level platforms around him and popping him with the sniper rifle with Mordecai. I had more of an issue with the Skags that were fighting with him than Nine Toes himself.

So far I'm only kinda annoyed with two things, using the square button for a lot of stuff and those fuckin' Skag dogs. They're a major pain in the ass when you're trying to get somewhere, especially when they lunge at you.:cry:

i like the dogs cuz they keep me busy. i am getting used to L2R2 switched.
dude i didnt even see nine toes. brodaz killed nine toes and bonehead before the rest of our team knew what was going on. luckily we are close in level now so it isnt sucha fly by. but damn, he seems to know where all the chests/etc are.

im loving my character. iv got some weapons and stuff to drop for you guys to when i get back on in a moment.

Haha, I like how there are 0 Bricks in the poll. I never liked his special skill honestly, and when he holds a pistol it's the most ridiculous looking thing. His skill tree isn't that exciting either.

My Roland Soldier was my single player character. Maxed out rifle & sentry gun skills with stuff like shield regen, max health and grenadier. A Leader mod (bad exp solo, nice -20% special skill recharge, and +4 to the sentry gun recharge skill) so I could pop out a sentry gun very fast and often. Makes a better co-op partner than some I've seen online, heh.

My Siren was for couch co-op and has SMG skills and firerate and phoenix maxed, with max shield skill. With a hellfire, I can just run & gun (or no gun, but watch them all burn/die from phoenix) all over. Also have the +exp bonus skill and run speed so after a kill, I go flying. Daze is awesome too, if you have fast firing SMG, only new a few points in it. Her special skill is great for healing or ruining enemies up close.

Mordecai the Hunter can be deadly. Hawk is a fast recharge off the bat, with lots of skill upgrade options to boost its power. Pistols are almost like cheating, when you get ones like Chimera, 100% Acid one (Pestilent Defiler?), or Mashers. Plus he gets a skill that gives 20% (or 15% and Siren is 20%, can't remember) exp boost for a critical hit kill shot. Makes killing big guys jump up a bonus 1k-3k exp each or bosses tons more. Ammo regen is common, even found one on a masher. Then use the 92% acc mod, and Pistols are deadly head shotters. And the fire rate/reload skill trumps sniper rifles imo. Almost forgot, he has a skill that can IGNORE shields, that rocks, one-shotting baddies since they hardly have health, but tons of shields.

iv got intuition, +20% xp for the team when i get a kill and a few seconds after.
that's her only team skill, plus i get +50% movement every kill, so im down with it.
also just got defender class mod, so +20% shields for teammates

Alright. After having just played more of BL with some of ya's, I have determined that I suck horribly at it. Thanks for reviving me a buncha times Velo. But I think this game is going to FYE today for $11($13.20 if I could find one of those FYE 20% bonus cash coupons;)) before I throw my fuckin' controller through the wall or my tv.

At least now I can form an actual opinion about the game having finally played it a bit.

Things that I liked:

*Looting all sorts of shit
*Popping enemies with headshots from a distance

Things I fuckin' hated:

*Driving controls in vehicle(Dual stick controls? Seriously? What....the....fuck!?!?!?!?!?!)
*Respawning enemies that appear in areas we already cleared.
*Lack of a mini map on screen(I got so lost during that last section we played through and every time I'd turn a corner I'd run into enemies that had respawned in an area we already passed through and cleared:whistle2:#)
*Enemies that were 2-4 levels above me with much stronger shields than I had.

I actually got so annoyed at one point and I Googled to see if there were BL cheat codes for invincibility n shit.:roll:

Oh well. What little bit of it I actually enjoyed(up till that last area we did the instant transport to) was fun, but this game is definitely not one I wanna continue to play. That is, unless I smoked a bowl or two or had some sorta turbo controller.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. After having just played more of BL with some of ya's, I have determined that I suck horribly at it. Thanks for reviving me a buncha times Velo. But I think this game is going to FYE today for $11($13.20 if I could find one of those FYE 20% bonus cash coupons;)) before I throw my fuckin' controller through the wall or my tv.

At least now I can form an actual opinion about the game having finally played it a bit.

Things that I liked:

*Looting all sorts of shit
*Popping enemies with headshots from a distance

Things I fuckin' hated:

*Driving controls in vehicle(Dual stick controls? Seriously? What....the....fuck!?!?!?!?!?!)
*Respawning enemies that appear in areas we already cleared.
*Lack of a mini map on screen(I got so lost during that last section we played through and every time I'd turn a corner I'd run into enemies that had respawned in an area we already passed through and cleared:whistle2:#)
*Enemies that were 2-4 levels above me with much stronger shields than I had.

I actually got so annoyed at one point and I Googled to see if there were BL cheat codes for invincibility n shit.:roll:

Oh well. What little bit of it I actually enjoyed(up till that last area we did the instant transport to) was fun, but this game is definitely not a game I'd consider a GOTY or even a game I'd tolerate. Maybe if I smoked a doob before playing, but otherwise hell no.[/QUOTE]

Man, you really don't like putting in time with any game, do you?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, you really don't like putting in time with any game, do you?[/QUOTE]
I gave this game four hours. That's more than I've given some games. At least to me I can say I honestly gave the game a chance, even though I likely wanted to rage quit a few times.

im glad you didnt rage quit. peace cheapest. maybe give all your items to bumslie or something if you have anything worth it before you flip it.

It was fun playing as long as we were in the same area, but once we got seperated it was downright hellish trying to find you guys without having to press select to go to the map every 10 seconds while being swarmed by tons of re-spawned enemies. At least if they would've added a mini map on screen or some way to set a waypoint to be able to mark the location of your co-op partners and follow that to get back to them I wouldn't be considering getting rid of the game.

The vehicle controls I could eventually adjust to using, though I would've much rathered the ability to custom map the controls to something I'd be more comfortable with. Firing weapons with the L2/R2 and driving using the two sticks just seems wrong to me.

Speaking of weapon firing though, you know there's a cheap way to get 20,000 XP by getting in one of those off road type vehicles and taping or holding down the fire button to finish a challenge in the game, right?;) You have to shoot the gun on the vehicle 100,000 times in order to complete the challenge.

That was one of the 'cheats' I found while Googling earlier.;)

I just hung out in the Cave and kept killing those lobster things with my Sniper Rifle(fire version). Went from lvl 14 to 18 quick.

Picked up a few trophies I didn't have before with you guys.

[quote name='Velo214']iv got intuition, +20% xp for the team when i get a kill and a few seconds after.
that's her only team skill, plus i get +50% movement every kill, so im down with it.
also just got defender class mod, so +20% shields for teammates[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting a +19 exp or something like that for the team as well.

Will they stack?

[quote name='Velo214']i like the dogs cuz they keep me busy. i am getting used to L2R2 switched.
dude i didnt even see nine toes. brodaz killed nine toes and bonehead before the rest of our team knew what was going on. luckily we are close in level now so it isnt sucha fly by. but damn, he seems to know where all the chests/etc are.

im loving my character. iv got some weapons and stuff to drop for you guys to when i get back on in a moment.[/QUOTE]Sorry about running so fast with you guys. When I jumped on with Bumslie and cheapest last night I was trying to slow down. I will start just following you guys around and try and run you your pace. I've ran through the game 5 times so I know it like the back of my hand.

Koopa, I couldnt remember your ID last night after velo left, I was going to invite you. For some reason your name wasnt showing up in my recent players list. I will add you today.

EDIT- yes, all the class mods will stack with each other.

If any one wants help on the earlier missions feel free to add me or on doing a 2nd Playthrough run(base or DLC is fine).

My character is a level 41/42 Mordecai that is meant for solo play.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Sorry about running so fast with you guys. When I jumped on with Bumslie and cheapest last night I was trying to slow down. I will start just following you guys around and try and run you your pace. I've ran through the game 5 times so I know it like the back of my hand.

Koopa, I couldnt remember your ID last night after velo left, I was going to invite you. For some reason your name wasnt showing up in my recent players list. I will add you today.

EDIT- yes, all the class mods will stack with each other.[/QUOTE]

I'll look out for your add. I'll add you if I get on first.

That's a lot of Exp points!

I just started building up the ability that allows me to shoot you to regain health. So if you guys see me shooting you it's only to help you :lol:

First time playing through Borderlands with a level 14 Roland at the moment

I would love to play with some CAGs instead of getting booted from random online lobbies :lol:

[quote name='hereon']First time playing through Borderlands with a level 14 Roland at the moment

I would love to play with some CAGs instead of getting booted from random online lobbies :lol:[/QUOTE]
I sent you a couple invites the other night when you were on, did you not get them?

[quote name='hereon']First time playing through Borderlands with a level 14 Roland at the moment

I would love to play with some CAGs instead of getting booted from random online lobbies :lol:[/QUOTE]

Your character isn't glitched is it?

My other character got it after playing 2mins in a random group.

yeah be careful playing with those online lobbies. and your speed was fine daz, i just wasnt used to it for my 1st time through. i told my girl you turned 5 hours of gameplay into like 3, so haha, i guess you just saved us all time. now it is better we are closer in level, but like those first few bosses, no one even saw them before they were dead, lol.

yeah cheapest they def should have better controls/mappable in borderlands 2.

n yeah i ran solo a bit to grind, get some transfusion grenades and shock artifact and some storage sdu's. its all good. peace all

They already announced mappable controls for 2. It was something my friends were following really closely because they hated the R3 melee.I've got a maxed out Soldier, but I never did the Moxxi stuff.

If anyone wants to knock that stuff out with an over-powered player, let me know. I'm central time, and available most nights after 7pm, and on saturday mornings.

nbballard, as long as you and gettnmoney don't have kyii mission glitch or anything like that, then im down. gettinmoney said we needed at least level 12, and now most of us are starting to push towards 20, so maybe sooner the better. i heard it's a grindfest marathon no matter how ya do it. im down as long as my kids are asleep. last night i couldnt mic/play right for awhile cuz my baby is sick and was running around acting all crazy, lol. but id be down for 2-4 hour session to knock out the small arenas. get that skill point/trophy. take a break. then try to knock out the larger tournaments when we can. peace man
add me Velo214

[quote name='Velo214']nbballard, as long as you and gettnmoney don't have kyii mission glitch or anything like that, then im down. gettinmoney said we needed at least level 12, and now most of us are starting to push towards 20, so maybe sooner the better. i heard it's a grindfest marathon no matter how ya do it. im down as long as my kids are asleep. last night i couldnt mic/play right for awhile cuz my baby is sick and was running around acting all crazy, lol. but id be down for 2-4 hour session to knock out the small arenas. get that skill point/trophy. take a break. then try to knock out the larger tournaments when we can. peace man
add me Velo214[/QUOTE]

You guys interested in doing the smaller challenges tonight? I work the next three nights so tonight would be ideal for me.

I don't know what the kyii mission glitch is, what is that? I'm pretty sure I don't have it though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys interested in doing the smaller challenges tonight? I work the next three nights so tonight would be ideal for me.

I don't know what the kyii mission glitch is, what is that? I'm pretty sure I don't have it though.[/QUOTE]

Its a quest that gets added to a modded save. Essentially just the same ad the buying a shield quest but Kyii can not be completed.

It is easily fixed using WillowYree though.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Its a quest that gets added to a misdeed save. Essentially just the same ad the buying a shield quest but Kyii can not be completed.

It is easily fixed using WillowYree though.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you just said. Granted, I haven't played the game in over two years, so I hope I don't have it. I'll check my mission log before we all get together.

If you have the mission keep your insides in and you need to turn in at fyrestone, where you go to turn in at Zed, if he is not standing there to turn in then you have the glitch. Like close said, its one of the early missions where you have to by a shield from the med vendor machine in Zeds shop. Its not a valid mission though and thats what causes the glitch. It was removed from the game but somehow was found and added with all the modders. There is no way to complete it.

bread's done
Back