Black Ops 2 Care Package & Hardened Edition Pre-Order $179.99/$79.99 Amazon

So no Call of Duty Elite included this time? I figured as much. That was the main reason I got the Hardened Edition for MW3. It was a pretty good value given the cost of map packs. I guess i'll be doing the Best Buy $20 promo pre-order deal which is likely to be the best deal available. Anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $20 promo on these Hardened or Care Package versions?

That care package does look pretty cool. Ive learned too many hard lessons buying the expensive editions only to see it on close out at my best buy for $40.

I'm not a fan of zombies mode, at all.

Play it maybe 2 or 3 times, it feels like a drag.

Even played with friends, I can't stand it. Any horde mode type of game to be honest.

Didn't catch my interest in World at War or Black Ops. I love the MP though.

Now that exclusive camo and playercard catches my interest, but I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just for that.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']So no Call of Duty Elite included this time? I figured as much. That was the main reason I got the Hardened Edition for MW3. It was a pretty good value given the cost of map packs. I guess i'll be doing the Best Buy $20 promo pre-order deal which is likely to be the best deal available. Anyone know if Best Buy is doing the $20 promo on these Hardened or Care Package versions?[/QUOTE]

They still have CoD Elite, just isnt included with hardened/care package.

I didn't realize Trent Reznor is doing the theme, that's pretty cool. Dunno if I wanna drop an extra $100 for an RC drone. I'm in for hardened edition though.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']wait for it to hit $50[/QUOTE]

I am curious to know if the Care Package will hit clearance like the first BO Prestige Edition.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Not a care package but the same idea.[/QUOTE]

Eh, do they divulge how much from game sales actually goes to this endowment? Or how much they donate a year? I still would much prefer a "Order this version, we will donate this" type commitment over a vague charity commitment.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Eh, do they divulge how much from game sales actually goes to this endowment? Or how much they donate a year? I still would much prefer a "Order this version, we will donate this" type commitment over a vague charity commitment.[/QUOTE]

Well, they did do this last year, with 100 percent of tickets sales going towards it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/30/call-of-duty-xp-2011/

[quote name='ral1121']I'm not a fan of zombies mode, at all.

Play it maybe 2 or 3 times, it feels like a drag.

Even played with friends, I can't stand it. Any horde mode type of game to be honest.

Didn't catch my interest in World at War or Black Ops. I love the MP though.

Now that exclusive camo and playercard catches my interest, but I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just for that.[/QUOTE]

wow, i still play zombies. alot. my fav part of black ops by FAR.

Looks like Elite is not included. I would have bought the Hardened, now I'll just wait for a good deal on the regular copy.

[quote name='sasukekun']They still have CoD Elite, just isnt included with hardened/care package.[/QUOTE]
That explains why it is only $79.99 for hardened compared to $99.99 for MW3 hardened.
[quote name='lotsofgames']I am curious to know if the Care Package will hit clearance like the first BO Prestige Edition.[/QUOTE]
The care package will probably take up a nice chunk of shelf space, so yeah it will go on clearance.

[quote name='htz']The care package will probably take up a nice chunk of shelf space, so yeah it will go on clearance.[/QUOTE]

24 x 12.7 x 10.7 inches ; 9 pounds

[quote name='209chromatic']It's more likely that they will be on clearance and easier to get since they don't come with elite. At least that's wht I think will happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']That explains why it is only $79.99 for hardened compared to $99.99 for MW3 hardened.

The care package will probably take up a nice chunk of shelf space, so yeah it will go on clearance.[/QUOTE]

You (we) may luck out and get a bizarre clearanc cycle on these similar to the Black Ops Prestige Editions but when was the last time that a COD: CE just sat on a shelf for a year after release?

That just doesn't happen. There is too much gloabal demand for these games. Most likely these will go OOS prior to release---even if for just a few days and people will be paying significant money on eBay to obtain them. Then any left on store shelves will be bought if just to make some profit.

I would put a preorder in if you are on the fence because you can always cancel later

[quote name='GBAstar']You (we) may luck out and get a bizarre clearanc cycle on these similar to the Black Ops Prestige Editions but when was the last time that a COD: CE just sat on a shelf for a year after release?

That just doesn't happen. There is too much gloabal demand for these games. Most likely these will go OOS prior to release---even if for just a few days and people will be paying significant money on eBay to obtain them. Then any left on store shelves will be bought if just to make some profit.

I would put a preorder in if you are on the fence because you can always cancel later[/QUOTE]
I'm already good with the standard version from BB with $20 RZ. Not going to pay $180 for anything COD. ;)

preordered one of each for the ps3. Hardened edition will sell out on day 1, and I hope the care package hits clearance racks. But you never know these days, especially if people are willing to drop $150 for the Borderlands Ultimate Edition. Almost $200 after taxes is pretty ridiculous for a video game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So looks like only way to get Nuketown Zombies is Hardened or Care Package? I hope they sell it as DLC at least.[/QUOTE]

Oh you know they will...the "exclusive" (read:recycled from WaW) zombie map DLC from the first Black Ops Prestige/Hardened editions were eventually included in a map pack.

Going to upgrade my GS preorder to Hardened. I remember what a BITCH it was to find a Black Ops 1 Hardened Edition after lauch...not going to take chances this time. The Care Package looks nice but I have too much crap in my house as it is and my kids would destroy the drone anyway.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So looks like only way to get Nuketown Zombies is Hardened or Care Package? I hope they sell it as DLC at least.[/QUOTE]

For now, it does seem like its exclusive to those packages and not a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='sgr76']Oh bloody hell! Looks like thats gonna be 179 well spent[/QUOTE]

I hope that is sarcasm but am skeptical...

[quote name='croqoa']I hope that is sarcasm but am skeptical...[/QUOTE]

oh lord.. either your hate is showing or you have a short memory. This will be one of the most anticpated COD games yet. Black Ops has just as big if not more active community that MW3 currently does.

If the DLC is exclusive to the CE's (hardened/care package) they will go for $50 - $100 easily. You should have no problem parting these out to make your money back---even at MSRP. That can't be said for many CE's.

Activision is doing something right when it comes to the collectors editions of the COD franchise. I haven't seen any sitting on store shelves in all my travels and I spend a lot of time in retail stores. Last CE I saw sitting on a shelf was COD: WAW (360) and it was the version that containd the canteen.

Drone is way over priced...looks like an Air Hogs toy. Ill go for the hardened and plan on selling the zombie dlc and soundtrack on Ebay.

There might still be some goodies from Elite in these special editions.

"David Vonderhaar said the following:

@Mindrockedout I understand the feedback. It won’t make sense to you until we start talking about Elite. I’ve asked when that will be."

This gives me hope that theres something like the free dlc we got from the hardened edition with MW3. Theres also this description of the tokens in the editions:

" (2) Challenge Coins -- limited edition coins that serve as keys to exclusive digital content"

Not really sure but it's enough to give me hope. I bought the hardened edition last year just to get the free map packs. If they aren't in this one then I'm just buying the vanilla game.

[quote name='GBAstar']You (we) may luck out and get a bizarre clearanc cycle on these similar to the Black Ops Prestige Editions but when was the last time that a COD: CE just sat on a shelf for a year after release?

I would put a preorder in if you are on the fence because you can always cancel later[/QUOTE]
Will it be limited supply like Borderlands 2?
[quote name='GBAstar']oh lord.. either your hate is showing or you have a short memory. This will be one of the most anticpated COD games yet. Black Ops has just as big if not more active community that MW3 currently does.

If the DLC is exclusive to the CE's (hardened/care package) they will go for $50 - $100 easily. You should have no problem parting these out to make your money back---even at MSRP. That can't be said for many CE's.

Activision is doing something right when it comes to the collectors editions of the COD franchise. I haven't seen any sitting on store shelves in all my travels and I spend a lot of time in retail stores. Last CE I saw sitting on a shelf was COD: WAW (360) and it was the version that containd the canteen.[/QUOTE]
I would think all DLC will be available for elite members including nuke town maps but on a later date. But who knows its grey arch and they might run things differently.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Drone is way over priced...looks like an Air Hogs toy. Ill go for the hardened and plan on selling the zombie dlc and soundtrack on Ebay.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing :cool:

[quote name='209chromatic']Will it be limited supply like Borderlands 2?

I would think all DLC will be available for elite members including nuke town maps but on a later date. But who knows its grey arch and they might run things differently.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will make quite a few more then Borderlands 2 however I am also confident it will sell much better then borderlands 2 and I don't mean that to be insulting---just the truth.

Okay, thanks to ral1121, the drone does not look like the "official" one that you see in the malls. How disappointing.

[quote name='GBAstar']oh lord.. either your hate is showing or you have a short memory. This will be one of the most anticpated COD games yet. Black Ops has just as big if not more active community that MW3 currently does.

Activision is doing something right when it comes to the collectors editions of the COD franchise. I haven't seen any sitting on store shelves in all my travels and I spend a lot of time in retail stores. Last CE I saw sitting on a shelf was COD: WAW (360) and it was the version that containd the canteen.[/QUOTE]
Every CoD every year is the most anticipated CoD yet.

What's the likelihood of this going on sale for $60 dollars? And if the chances are high, how many months do you think it will take? I wasn't a regular here at cheap ass gamer when the black ops prestiege or mw3 ce was around so I'm just trying to get an idea if I should wait for the care package edition to drop to $60 or just wait for a sale on the regular game at $30.

no thanks on the Care Package. If the drone had a camera I would have done it but $100 for a cheap ass copter just doesn't work for me

Going to get the Hardened Edition. Zombies on Nuketown would be sweet. Anybody know if you can preorder from GS? I have a ton of credit to burn.

bread's done
Back