Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - BIG update, see post #11

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Trailer:

[youtube]L5IVOs5Pxh8[/youtube]

An interesting read: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes – Analysis & Secrets Revealed

It seems the Metal Gear game fans have been waiting for has been finally announced at Konami's Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

The unveiling consisted of a real-time demo, but at this stage all English language reports about what was shown have come through Twitter. Guests were reportedly asked not to post about what they were seeing, but many did so anyway. While some posts were deleted within minutes, the picture that emerged is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is an open-world game and was reportedly demoed on a current-gen PC.

It's also running on the new FOX Engine and has left those at the event amazed.

@kazamatsuri said, "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow."

@markmacd tweeted, "Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING," followed by "Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow."

@ItCameFromJapan chimed in with more details, saying, "Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!"

It is not known when Konami will reveal the Ground Zeroes to the rest of the world.

Earlier this week, during the latest Kojima Productions podcast, Kojima Productions' Chris Johns claimed announcements made at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event would "shake" the industry.

Source

rfSl3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this game is a retelling of MG1 and MG2 on a current/next gen console.

I would love to play more MGS especially if Kojima is in the driver seat again.

Even though the article said the PC specs that were running the demo are "current-gen"...obviously MGS fans are bickering back-and-forth as to which consoles this will be coming out on. I myself argue that we could possibly see this on the new consoles, simply because "current-gen" PCs absolutely destroy the PS3 and 360. That said, I can't see Kojima passing up the PS3 and 360, considering that is a combined 100+ million install-base.

I recently got into metal gear with the hd collection and can't wait for this game. Snake's and the boss's story is really awesome.

Sounds like everything I would ever want in a MG game. Awesome news. If they are planning a new MGO with this game it has potential be the best online TPS of this gen.

LOTS of news today :D

Confirmed from @hideo_kojima_en: #METALGEARSOLID: Ground Zeroes is a prologue to #METALGEARSOLID 5! #PAX

PAX 2012: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is Coming to PS3

At PAX 2012, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima showed off 15 minutes of the first gameplay footage from his upcoming PS3 game. Though running on a PC, Kojima stated that the footage was comparable to what would be seen on the PS3 version of the game.

The demo begins with an in-engine, real-time cinematic set in a rain-drenched prison camp, and ably shows off FOX Engine’s advanced shader, lighting, and particle effects. Check back at 3:00pm Pacific Time to see the footage.

After the cinematic showing a mysterious man with a mutilated face and wide-brimmed hat leading troops from the prison camp into a mission, the gameplay footage kicked into gear as Snake moved into position outside the prison camp – a huge open-world environment riddled with entry points. Kojima pointed out nearby APCs and helicopters, confirming that Snake can commandeer and pilot them if he so desired. As if to prove the point, Snake hopped into a Jeep to gain access, evading a roaming tank in the process. Kojima also showed that you can deploy a flare “at any time” to call in a friendly helicopter — it will let you fly between missions, and even to other countries. He even confirmed that the player can customize the music played by the helicopter, which in the demo blared out Ride of the Valkyries.

“We’re not going to say that it’s Metal Gear Solid 5,” Kojima said after the demo, “but it is a prologue.” Kojima also confirmed that the demo was running on PC hardware that was similarly equipped to PS3, and that the final game should closely resemble the demo video.

Kojima also confirmed that he is personally creating Ground Zeroes. Check back soon to watch the video demo!

New screenshot:

Cam-video (full trailer coming soon):

[youtube]bVV73Qzh8A8[/youtube]

You get to play as big boss right before he dies from nanomachies.The game starts, you walk to the cemetery, press O to talk to snake.Then an interactive cutscene where you MASH X to stay alive to tell snake what he wants to hear before you sucumb to foxdie. Credits Roll.

Ground Zeroes in a nutshell.

I can't wait for the people that are confused about this title. "So what your saying is that your playing a terrorist that causes multiple 9/11's?"

[quote name='DemonKysho']You get to play as big boss right before he dies from nanomachies.The game starts, you walk to the cemetery, press O to talk to snake.Then an interactive cutscene where you MASH X to stay alive to tell snake what he wants to hear before you sucumb to foxdie. Credits Roll.

Ground Zeroes in a nutshell.

I can't wait for the people that are confused about this title. "So what your saying is that your playing a terrorist that causes multiple 9/11's?"[/QUOTE]

Added the English subtitled trailer to the top of the first post.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Looks pretty epic but is it even going to be for this gen?[/QUOTE]

Very end of the credits shows the Xbox 360 and PS3 logos ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']Very end of the credits shows the Xbox 360 and PS3 logos ;)[/QUOTE]

Huh, must have not noticed. Good to see this gen go out with a bang.

Hopefully this one is more like MGS3 than MGS4. I am in the minority that think MGS4 was a big stinking pile of shit, and this is coming from someone who LOVED MGS3.

[quote name='keithp']Jeeeesus, the graphics on this look incredible![/QUOTE]

Wow just saw that video. My jaw dropped. No way did I think my ps3 would be possible of those types of graphics. And we need new gen consoles because of what again ?

[quote name='vic_x51']Wow just saw that video. My jaw dropped. No way did I think my ps3 would be possible of those types of graphics. And we need new gen consoles because of what again ?[/QUOTE]

Because everyone (read it as, the Sheeple) thinks that since Nintendo is releasing a new system they HAVE to have next gen since it'll bring gaming Nirvana and new awesome experiences. Which is bollocks.

I'm super happy with this gen still, this is when devs know the system, what it's capable of and how to exploit it to do stuff like what's in that trailer. Dunno about most of you, but I can wait another year or two before the new systems roll out just fine. I'm not in any rush.

And it is my sincere hope that Kojima has all of the MGS out of his system, the man has too much talent for his career to be book-ended by one (though awesome) series. He needs to go back to his mid-90's persona of experimentation and new concepts like Snatcher (mmm...next gen Snatcher) or Policenauts, and even ZOE, even though I'm not a massive fan of that franchise.

Hopefully he'll work on something else before he retires.

Current Gen Gaming isn't doing hot right now because...
A - Console Prices are still too high
B - Game Prices are still too high
C - The economy sucks (And to be fair, this is the most important part)

It looks pretty good...for PC. I'll wait to see if it actually looks like that on Consoles and if it actually comes to PC. I'm secretly hoping for a Wii U announcement because they haven't announced platforms yet. But considering Kojima is 'oh, I have to do something unique for that stuff' and never does, I give a polite middle finger to him for comments he doesn't back up.

It's interesting to me that they use Big Boss's model from MGS4 as a base for this one, and not Peace Walker's model. But then again, they might want to separate the 2 Snakes.

Am I excited for this? Hmm......not really. I thought Peace Walker was okay with a terrible story, and the more writing Kojima does for MGS, the worse the series gets.

[quote name='wwe101']Hopefully this one is more like MGS3 than MGS4. I am in the minority that think MGS4 was a big stinking pile of shit, and this is coming from someone who LOVED MGS3.[/QUOTE]

way too "westernized" for my taste.

They deleted my thread even though I posted the Trailer 20 minutes before TC edited his post with it as well as a link with extended footage that TC didn't and they delete my thread and don't even say anything WTF.

[quote name='needler420']They deleted my thread even though I posted the Trailer 20 minutes before TC edited his post with it as well as a link with extended footage that TC didn't and they delete my thread and don't even say anything WTF.[/QUOTE]

Could it have perhaps been the FACT that I created this thread for the actual GAME (trailers/gameplay/news)? Nah, probably not ;)

Regardless, game looks good. I'm impressed.

[quote name='needler420']My thread had a link with a 3 minute video of extended game play.

http://www.viddler.com/v/b54605c9?secret=73773358[/QUOTE]

My point was, why create a new thread when one already existed with information. You should have added your link to the video like everyone else does with existing threads. Can we get back on topic now?

EDIT: I posted a cam-version video at least 15-20 minutes before your thread appeared. Regardless, can we get back on topic please? Also, who is TC?

[quote name='SynGamer']My point was, why create a new thread when one already existed with information. You should have added your link to the video like everyone else does with existing threads. Can we get back on topic now?

EDIT: I posted a cam-version video at least 15-20 minutes before your thread appeared. Regardless, can we get back on topic please? Also, who is TC?[/QUOTE]

TC = Topic Creator, just like OP = Original Poster

Internets lingo, love it, learn it. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']TC = Topic Creator, just like OP = Original Poster

Internets lingo, love it, learn it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I must be getting old. I thought OP was the primary "lingo" still...sigh :p

The biggest game of the year is announced, and this thread is filled with people bitching about the OP and complaining about the game/series in general. WTF happened to CAG? At least the ps3 section has gone to complete shit

[quote name='wwe101']Hopefully this one is more like MGS3 than MGS4. I am in the minority that think MGS4 was a big stinking pile of shit, and this is coming from someone who LOVED MGS3.[/QUOTE]

In a certain sense there, you're not exactly in the minority. There's actually a rather large group of people that HATED MGS4 with a passion. That being said, there's an even larger group of people that think MGS3 is better, that being the group I am in. To me, while MGS4 still qualifies as a great game, MGS3 is the masterpiece.

+1, MGS3 is the best of all 4 IMO.
MGS is known for a confusing story but MGS3 is the one that tells it the best.

The musics were fantastic also, I hope Harry Gregson Williams keeps working on MGS GZ, sadly I don't see his name in the credits...

[quote name='Mixer236']In a certain sense there, you're not exactly in the minority. There's actually a rather large group of people that HATED MGS4 with a passion. That being said, there's an even larger group of people that think MGS3 is better, that being the group I am in. To me, while MGS4 still qualifies as a great game, MGS3 is the masterpiece.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Topaz']+1, MGS3 is the best of all 4 IMO.
MGS is known for a confusing story but MGS3 is the one that tells it the best.

The musics were fantastic also, I hope Harry Gregson Williams keeps working on MGS GZ, sadly I don't see his name in the credits...[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, MGS3 had the best story & ending. I also thought the bosses were done best in that game, they were nice and varied. Plus, who could ever possibly forget the one against The End? Absolute genius.

MGS1 was the best to me. I remember playing it so much as a kid staying up over nights to beat the game multiple times. Not to mention playing it before the crazy amount of hype the series got. After Sons of liberty it went mainstream. People who first played the MGS on PS1 the majority of them weren't even aware of the games prior to those unlike the final fantasy franchise at the same time people knew about those. I still remember the day I got the game I was probably between the ages of 8-12 and I got it randomly from a target with my grandma. Knew not a single thing of the game. All I went by was the plain white cover of the manual. Then when I got the game home my grandma showed my dad the back of the case showing nudity. My dad still let me have it though. That and a few other retro game purchases are engraved in my memory.

That's another reason I like demons souls so much was getting to play the game while it was a sleeper hit and unknown, I purchased it USA release day and now its over hyped.

That's not the only reason I like it, overall its still my favorite game of all time.

That trailer was nothing special but i am as pumped for the new mgs games as i am for the next gta.

[quote name='GBH']That trailer was nothing special but i ama spumped for the new mgs games as i am for the next gta.[/QUOTE]
Nothing special? Wow I'd like to see a trailer what you consider special. :roll:

Dude is was nothing to cream in your pants over and I am one of the biggest metal gear fans you will find. Game is going to be dope but i don't get people saying ohh thats the best trailer i have ever seen. Honestly i wasn't that impressed with the trailer but the debut of a new MGS game got me excited.

But you just wrote the trailer off as if its something you see everyday. Epic story telling and interactive open world? bah old hat I say!

Wonder if Revengence will tie into it at all.

Looks great, I still need to get through the HD collection and 4 before either come out. :)

[quote name='Amblix']Wonder if Revengence will tie into it at all.

[/QUOTE]
Doubt it. Looks like Peace walker fits into this story line though

Anyone have metal gear omnibus or the metal gear risk game? Konami needs to port some of kohjimas saturn games to the 3ds.

bread's done
Back