Chris Matthews Explodes At Reince Priebus Over 'Race Card'

joeboosauce

CAGiversary!
Chris Matthews Explodes At Reince Priebus Over 'Race Card'; Priebus Calls Matthew 'A Jerk' (VIDEO)

Anybody see this? Not a fan of Chris Matthews by any means but props to him. Matthews did a great job pressing this guy. Most these MSM "journalists" hardly challenge the guests. So sad that none of these other schmucks did. Really sharp of Matthews to pick up on and connect the whole "Europe" foreignization of Obama. Such racism and otherization underlying the conservatives so-called critique of Obama. This raises a couple of points for me.

1. It reinforces the deep seated racism of the Republican party. It really shows the power and efficacy of the subtle racism over the overt.

2. Matthews presses and presses and doesn't let this RNC douche get off. He gets pissed that he doesn't just get to giggle it off like he does with all the other peon "journalists" that "interview" him so he makes up the lamest excuses, "levity is under attack", etc, then gets called out more and get PISSED off.

3. Mika with a "watch your tone Chris" and Tom Brokaw with his typical milquetoast analysis. What a shame they are. And the rest are just sitting there not backing Matthews up. Even the audience supports Matthews. You would think these attention whore journalists would at least use that as an indicator to determine their reaction. Maybe it shows who they are really subservient to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlM5VAh-17c

[quote name='joeboosauce']Chris Matthews Explodes At Reince Priebus Over 'Race Card'; Priebus Calls Matthew 'A Jerk' (VIDEO)

Anybody see this? Not a fan of Chris Matthews by any means but props to him. Matthews did a great job pressing this guy. Most these MSM "journalists" hardly challenge the guests. So sad that none of these other schmucks did. Really sharp of Matthews to pick up on and connect the whole "Europe" foreignization of Obama. Such racism and otherization underlying the conservatives so-called critique of Obama. This raises a couple of points for me.

1. It reinforces the deep seated racism of the Republican party. It really shows the power and efficacy of the subtle racism over the overt.

2. Matthews presses and presses and doesn't let this RNC douche get off. He gets pissed that he doesn't just get to giggle it off like he does with all the other peon "journalists" that "interview" him so he makes up the lamest excuses, "levity is under attack", etc, then gets called out more and get PISSED off.

3. Mika with a "watch your tone Chris" and Tom Brokaw with his typical milquetoast analysis. What a shame they are. And the rest are just sitting there not backing Matthews up. Even the audience supports Matthews. You would think these attention whore journalists would at least use that as an indicator to determine their reaction. Maybe it shows who they are really subservient to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlM5VAh-17c[/QUOTE]

The problem is two fold. For one, the right has their junk in a vice because doing a good job and pressing questions automatically deems you 'leftist' now. Second, there just aren't any more good journalists/journalistic institutions to teach. The media has gone from news to entertainment/ tabloid based. Unfortunately, the most pressing journalists on tv are usually harassing pedos and leaving politicians unchecked.

No, no one saw it cause its fkn Chris Matthews who has a viewership of whatever nursing home accidentally leaves his station onand then loses the remote.

What I think is the worst part of that video is how surprised and disturbed everyone else on the show acted, as if real, heated political debate is a bad thing. Things like that should happen more often.

@Clak
Agreed. Check out this:
Mika Brzezinski: Chris Matthews' Shouting Match With Reince Priebus 'Wasn't Our Best Show'

Really? fucking sad. I don't watch but I'm sure this WAS the best show this stiffs have ever had. That's the problem with this country. Nobody wants to have good heated intense debate on issues of importance. "Not proper to talk about politics or religion." Those are the 2 most important things to debate. People are such spineless losers. And they obviously have no self-control if they think as when you have a blistering debate that you can't put it behind you and not end up killing one another. It shows that we don't debate enough if we can't handle it.

Priebus and Mika need to go split a pint of Haagen Dazs and have a good cry.

Chris - didn't your mom ever tell you that it's not nice to pick on girls :lol:

[quote name='Clak']There is that righteous indignation republicans so often exude.[/QUOTE]

Right. They've tuned their racist dog whistles with such precision that they communicate racist ideas that their base respond to with the proper amount of racist fury (because they psychologically understand what is meant here), but there is room for enough plausible deniability that it's "not about race."

Consider the way Newt Gingrich positively *delighted* in turned the gun around and suddenly making it seem as if Matthews is the racist because he sees race in the statement.

1) Say something racist, but hide the overt implications.
2) Someone says "hey, you know, that's kind of racist."
3) Call that person racist for seeing racism in a hidden racist statement. You win.

That's the way the game is played by the right.

It's obvious that the statements are racially coded. E.g., Reagan's 'welfare queen' was never *specifically* mentioned as being Black, but she did, according to Reagan, drive a Cadillac and live in the south side of Chicago. Those are not randomly selected characteristics, but those who deny that this is racially motivated would like you to think they were.

But worst of all, this whole discussion distracts from the fact that it takes our attention away from Romney/Ryan's brazen, overt, open lies about what this welfare reform program actually does (i.e., if you are saying it eliminates 'welfare to work' programs, you are categorically either misinformed or a liar, but you are at no point making an accurate statement) and gets us back into the "man, republicans are fucking racist!"/"why is it always about race with you democrats?" battle. I think it's one the left can win, but I also think that it's not the battle that needs to be fought right now.

[quote name='perdition(troy']No, no one saw it cause its fkn Chris Matthews who has a viewership of whatever nursing home accidentally leaves his station onand then loses the remote.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I have a short memory, but wasn't part of Obama's first campaign for president the idea that he's spent enough time overseas that he's able to use his time and knowledge spent there to help shape policy and build diplomatic relations?

Bob, the emphasis should be on HELP build. We could've elected Ahmedinejad and Muslims would still hate our guts for what we did over the last 60 years.

[quote name='depascal22']Bob, the emphasis should be on HELP build. We could've elected Ahmedinejad and Muslims would still hate our guts for what we did over the last 60 years.[/QUOTE]

I mean that his time overseas was supposed to make him more "worldly" and help him shape policy here in the US...

[quote name='UncleBob']I mean that his time overseas was supposed to make him more "worldly" and help him shape policy here in the US...[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter who we elect. America will be the Devil as long as we're a white Christian democracy.

Yeah, but that's not really what I was getting at. Part of the argument being made in the OP is that it's "racist" to say things like mentioning Obama's time overseas or that he's trying to give our government a more European flair (right around the 3:46 mark).

If I remember correctly, that was part of Obama's original campaign.

[quote name='depascal22']What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter who we elect. America will be the Devil as long as we're a white Christian democracy.[/QUOTE]

No.

It doesn't matter who we elect because Romney and Obama have relatively the same views, but neither will be able to get anything done because we have a fondness as a country to elect people from the other side into Congress. That doesn't work anymore because the 2 parties are more focused on bashing each other, and not letting the other be right about an issue, than fixing the country. This is why nothing has been passed the last two years. Republicans took control of Congress. The same thing will happen to Romney. 2 years of getting something done (whether it be for the better or not) and two years of nothing. The bipartisan system is broken.

Anybody else notice that if you take the vowels out of Reince Priebus's name you end up with "RNC PR BS"?

Serendipity much?

bread's done
Back