- - - - -

Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

#841 btt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I procrastinated on getting some of these OOP blu-rays so badly -_-

#842 greenwolfe7   I play with dinosaurs! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

greenwolfe7

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

I procrastinated on getting some of these OOP blu-rays so badly -_-

I feel ya im still searching for the girl who leapt through time myself.

#843 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

So over the last 2 weeks I've managed to get the Complete Collections for Lucky Star and Cowboy Bebop Remix for about $25 each! Gotta love local used DVD stores!

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#844 electricsleep   Prof. Hinsley CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

electricsleep

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

So over the last 2 weeks I've managed to get the Complete Collections for Lucky Star and Cowboy Bebop Remix for about $25 each! Gotta love local used DVD stores!

Nice, I was able to score Lucky Star from gohastings for around $20. Also got really lucky and found Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence on bluray for $12 used.

#845 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Nice, I was able to score Lucky Star from gohastings for around $20. Also got really lucky and found Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence on bluray for $12 used.

Dam, you hit the jackpot on that one. You had a better chance being hit by lighting than finding one of those and that was before Bandai went kaput. :lol:

#846 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Dam, you hit the jackpot on that one. You had a better chance being hit by lighting than finding one of those and that was before Bandai went kaput. :lol:

this is true unless he got the UK version by accident lol

#847 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

I wish i got into anime and bluray earlier stuff is insanely priced now....

#848 greenwolfe7   I play with dinosaurs! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

greenwolfe7

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

I officially have every US released gundam series and movie. And a total of 47 complete series and 6 Banzai bluesy movies still searching for gurren lagann and the girl who leapt through time. Most I got cheap some I paid through the nose for to get but I'LLC be done with those two I already have the currency lagann movies. Just need the series and the girl who leapt through time.... doubt I'll find that one I want the bluray.

#849 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

I wish i got into anime and bluray earlier stuff is insanely priced now....

I have little doubt FUNimation and Sentai are already trying very hard to get most of Bandai's licenses. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear some license rescues at ComicCon.

#850 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

I have little doubt FUNimation and Sentai are already trying very hard to get most of Bandai's licenses. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear some license rescues at ComicCon.

I hope so it is sad to see dvd vols go for 100-300 range only.

How is Heroic Age i watched 2-3 eps so far and seemed cool. The mechs seemed so generic tho.

#851 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

I officially have every US released gundam series and movie. And a total of 47 complete series and 6 Banzai bluesy movies still searching for gurren lagann and the girl who leapt through time. Most I got cheap some I paid through the nose for to get but I'LLC be done with those two I already have the currency lagann movies. Just need the series and the girl who leapt through time.... doubt I'll find that one I want the bluray.

I have almost every Gundam, I'm only missing 0079 that I can think of (I regret passing on them, so I'm just watching out for them)... I'm also missing Unicorn, but the prices are outrageous for the Blu Rays.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#852 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

yes i am sure they are. i hope they can get some.

#853 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Well semi good news today for those who were still trying to get a hold of Gundam Unicorn

I say semi good since it appears to be only for dvd no bluie.

#854 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

Fine by me. I already have Parts 1 and 2 from Bandai. And it's easier to condense 4 DVDs than 6 Blu-rays. Substationally cheaper too.

#855 greenwolfe7   I play with dinosaurs! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

greenwolfe7

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Now I regret buying the six blus... I don't know if I wanna sell them though to get these... hmm...

#856 Vash1306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Vash1306

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Now I regret buying the six blus... I don't know if I wanna sell them though to get these... hmm...

You already bought them, why downgrade to the DVD now? D:

#857 greenwolfe7   I play with dinosaurs! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

greenwolfe7

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

You already bought them, why downgrade to the DVD now? D:

The only reason im debating it is for the cash. I know I won't do it. But the thought did cross my mind. The blus are gorgeous btw if anyone is wondering. I haven't seen the dvds but I can't recommend the blus enough if anybody is on the fence about going one way or the other. But if your just starting those dvds are cheap enough that you could always resell them and go for the blus later... BTW I FOUND THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME TODAY! Now all I need from Bandai is Gurren Lagann the tv series. I have the movies... Although that new Gurren Lagann blu ray set looks amazing... but not 5-600$ amazing.... I wish someone would release it here I'd go in at around 100$

#858 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

I found a copy of zeta gundam collection 1 for $24. Was that a pretty good find? The store also had the 4 G Gundam collector boxes for $20 each. I'd like to get that series as well, but $80 is too much for me to drop on a series.

#859 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yes, the Zeta find was great. FYE and MovieStop gets copies once in a while.

#860 Vash1306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Vash1306

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

http://www.animehera...rise-announces/

Anime Boston 2013: Sunrise Announces Code Geass: Akito the Exiled 2
May 25, 2013 by Mike Ferreira Leave a Comment

At their panel at Anime Boston 2013, Sunrise announced that the second episode of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled will be released in Japan this summer. The series will consist of four episodes in total. They are currently working on bringing the original Code Geass TV series to America in the near future.

The company also revealed that, while it isn’t official yet, they are negotiating the US rights to both Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning and Tiger & Bunny: The Rising with Viz Media. Tiger & Bunny: The Rising, will hit Japanese theaters on February 8, 2014.

According to the panelists, NIS America will announce the Blu-Ray edition of Love Live! in the near future.

Sunrise is currently in negotiations with FUNimation and Sentai Filmworks for the distribution rights to titles that were formerly released by Bandai Entertainment.

SUNRISE will be releasing former Bandai Entertainment titles themselves. Details forthcoming. #animeboston

They'll be partnering with local companies: FUNi, Sentai, etc. everyone in the damn room wants COWBOY BEBOP blurays.

---

BEI titles are going to be distributed by Sunrise... Talking with Funi and Sentai... Looked for fan preferences

Sounds like they thought deal would be fixed by this point

Sunrise also thought Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray negotiations would be further along

---

SUNRISE is willing to distribute #Bandai titles & are negotiating w/ @SentaiFilmworks & @FUNimation. @AnimeBoston requests Bebop!

Sunrise titles that was released by Bandai Ent.

• Angel Links
  • Argentosoma
  • Banner of the Stars
  • Banner of the Stars II
  • Betterman
  • Brain Powered
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
  • Cowboy Bebop (TV)
  • Crest of the Stars
  • Escaflowne: The Movie
  • Freedom (OVA)
  • Future GPX Cyber Formula
  • Infinite Ryvius
  • Kurokami The Animation
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam - The Movie Trilogy
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Second Season
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Movie)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War (Movies)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Special Edition
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus: The Chosen Future (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Special Edition (movie)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (Movie)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (OVA)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Miller's Report (Movie)
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation (Movies)
  • My-HiME
  • My-Otome
  • My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ (OVA)
  • My-Otome Zwei (OVA)
  • Outlaw Star
  • Overman King Gainer
  • Planetes
  • Ronin Warriors
  • Ronin Warriors: Gaiden (OVA)
  • Ronin Warriors: Legend of the Inferno Armor (OVA)
  • Ronin Warriors: Message (OVA)
  • s-CRY-ed (TV)
  • Sacred Seven (TV) [streaming only]
  • SD Gundam Force
  • SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next (Movie)
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • The Big O
  • The Big O II
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Space
  • The Vision of Escaflowne
  • The Wings of Rean
  • Witch Hunter Robin
  • Z-Mind (OVA)
  • Zegapain

Edited by Vash1306, 26 May 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#861 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Sunrise confirmed at Anime Boston that FUNimation and Sentai have both licensed a bunch of old Bandai stuff. Most likely we will hear some announcements at ComicCon.

#862 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Sunrise confirmed at Anime Boston that FUNimation and Sentai have both licensed a bunch of old Bandai stuff. Most likely we will hear some announcements at ComicCon.

Great News. :D

#863 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   649 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Well I'll be damned if we can get Ronin Warriors on DVD. I missed out on the set when it came out and now it's rare as heck.

Edit: I'd sure love the Escaflowne and Bebop Blu-rays as well.

Edited by Raye, 27 May 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#864 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

i believe you forgot this

Posted Image

#865 Mikko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-cowboy-bebop-escaflowne-outlaw-star-more

"North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced at its panel at Otakon on Saturday that it will release Shinichiro Watanabe and Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop television anime series digitally and on Blu-ray Disc for the first time in North America. Funimation plans to release the series in 2014. Additionally, the company announced that it has licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously licensed:

Sunrise producer Masayuki Ozaki had revealed in May that the company was in talks with Sentai Filmworks and Funimation to distribute former Bandai Entertainment titles.

Sunrise had announced earlier in the day that Funimation has also licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously released in North America: Tales of the AbyssWitch Hunter RobinCode Geass: Lelouch of the RebellionCode Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2Angel LinksCrest of the StarsBanner of the StarsBanner of the Stars II, and Passage of the Stars - Birth. Sunrise also announced that Funimation has the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled video anime series.

Funimation also announced that it has licensed the rest of the Fairy Tailtelevision anime that is currently in existence (up to episode 175), and revealed that Wolf Children will ship on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on November 12."

#866 greenwolfe7   I play with dinosaurs! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

greenwolfe7

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/funimation-adds-cowboy-bebop-escaflowne-outlaw-star-more

"North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced at its panel at Otakon on Saturday that it will release Shinichiro Watanabe and Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop television anime series digitally and on Blu-ray Disc for the first time in North America. Funimation plans to release the series in 2014. Additionally, the company announced that it has licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously licensed:

Sunrise producer Masayuki Ozaki had revealed in May that the company was in talks with Sentai Filmworks and Funimation to distribute former Bandai Entertainment titles.

Sunrise had announced earlier in the day that Funimation has also licensed the following titles that Bandai Entertainment had previously released in North America: Tales of the AbyssWitch Hunter RobinCode Geass: Lelouch of the RebellionCode Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2Angel LinksCrest of the StarsBanner of the StarsBanner of the Stars II, and Passage of the Stars - Birth. Sunrise also announced that Funimation has the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled video anime series.

Funimation also announced that it has licensed the rest of the Fairy Tailtelevision anime that is currently in existence (up to episode 175), and revealed that Wolf Children will ship on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on November 12."

All I gotta say is Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!! I hope someone releases  some bluray copies of scryed and Wolf's Rain.  They could look so amazing in HD if the transfer was done properly....

#867 ShogunNage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

All I gotta say is Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!! I hope someone releases  some bluray copies of scryed and Wolf's Rain.  They could look so amazing in HD if the transfer was done properly....

http://www.animenews...o-kurokami-more

sentai acquired

#868 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3399 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Your Mom!!
iOS

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

I bet they paid multiple dollars for those prestigious titles.

#869 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

I don't understand why they picked up Brain Powered and Z-Mind. BP had meme potential, but Z-Mind is such wasted potential it's not even funny. If you're gonna put a giant robot series in the 70's, you might want to have something 70's-ish besides one of the girl's horrible fashion.

I hope they were simply package deals for Ryvius, Big O, and s-CRY-ed.

#870 starkillr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

starkillr

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Guess I'll have to sell my Witch Hunter Robin collection. I'm surprised there was no mention of Gundam. I would love to have a blu-ray of Gundam 00 including the movie. Very psyched for Code Geass!