Gamefly - $10 SSX, $13 Soul Calibur V, $15 ME3, $18 KOA:R & More

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Looks like Gamefly has another decent weekend sale going, all with free shipping. Their games almost always include online passes.

:360: Rage $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:360: SSX $9.99
:ps3: SSX $9.99
:360: Madden 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden 12 $9.99
:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $ 12.99
:360: SoulCalibur V $12.99
:ps3: SoulCalibur V $12.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:ps3: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:360: Battlefield 3 $14.99
:ps3: Battlefield 3 $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Revelations $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations $14.99
:360: Ninja Gaiden 3 $17.99
:360: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99

Credit to Golden Lemonz for noticing the ME3 price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimmayhorn']Why did ME3 drop so fast? The ending debacle?[/QUOTE]

Games in general are going for cheap the last year-year and half. Before you would have to wait a good 2-4 months for a brand new game to go on the slighest sale. I guess its the economy or maybe it has something todo with next gen consoles and trying to sell out all the games on the current gen? Who the fuck knows, just take it as it is. ;)

Thank you, picked up SSX. Also ME3 even though probably going to drop yet again, but least I know the DLC code is intact (it does have one I assume).

[quote name='sonnyforple']Thank you, picked up SSX. Also ME3 even though probably going to drop yet again, but least I know the DLC code is intact (it does have one I assume).[/QUOTE]

It should have the online pass in it. I don't think it includes the From Ashes DLC, as that was only in the CE (as far as I know).

[quote name='sonnyforple']Thank you, picked up SSX. Also ME3 even though probably going to drop yet again, but least I know the DLC code is intact (it does have one I assume).[/QUOTE]

Just the online pass. There are only two pay-to-play DLCs, one of which was included with the Collector's Edition (From Ashes) and a new one called Leviathan which was released a few days ago. All other playable DLC is free (for the online multiplayer).

edit: Tyler beat me to the punch.

RAGE is OK. Visually it's solid but lacks a lot in terms of plot. Fairly repetitive. It does have F2P online co-op and an competitive race mode, so that's something.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Just the online pass. There are only two pay-to-play DLCs, one of which was included with the Collector's Edition (From Ashes) and a new one called Leviathan which was released a few days ago. All other playable DLC is free (for the online multiplayer).

edit: Tyler beat me to the punch.

RAGE is OK. Visually it's solid but lacks a lot in terms of plot. Fairly repetitive. It does have F2P online co-op and an competitive race mode, so that's something.[/QUOTE]
Just to add the Rage co-op is split screen too, pretty fun.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Why did ME3 drop so fast? The ending debacle?[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed does it, Mass Effect has always done it, Deus Ex was half price a month after release, Final Fantasy, etc... So no, I don't think we should jump to negative conclusions about the quality of the games (though, ME3's ending...good god)

Maybe they just print a shit ton of copies and this is just part of the strategy. Buying games for $60 is such a rare occurrence now, only reserved for Blizzard/Activision games, apparently.

i would kill to get SCV for that price... for some reason i cant have a gamefly account though, the last reason i got via email was that someone in my household had items out to them and hadnt paid their bill. Ludicrous because im the only one living here (sans my disabled parents... who cant even operate a cable remote) and have been for 3 years now.

KOA worth $20? been wanting to get it, but huge backlog is stopping me.

Do you guys think it'll drop in price later, or just snag a copy now?

[quote name='Joshe']KOA worth $20? been wanting to get it, but huge backlog is stopping me.
[/QUOTE]

For all it's laziness that becomes apparent after the first few hours, KOA is a fun time. Combat is satisfying as long as you keep trying different character builds, and the game throws elite gear on you rather generously. It's basically a system of roll dodging and counter attacks, making up your own combos, and the animation and feel of it is really top notch.

But it is, ultimately, a very unbalanced system inside a very generic world. All of the quests suck, and everything really just hangs on experimenting in combat, and the skill trees are hardly enough to keep you hooked for the entire playthrough.

So, $18 is a good price.

How important is it to buy the $50 DLC for Battlefield 3? I can't decide if I should get Vanilla+online pass for $15 or get the $60 Premium edition...

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']How important is it to buy the $50 DLC for Battlefield 3? I can't decide if I should get Vanilla+online pass for $15 or get the $60 Premium edition...[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. Close Quarters looks like it may be worth it, not sure about the others.:whistle2:k

Just picked them both up too. The codes should be included, and that's why it's the best place to get deals on ea games.

$18 + a crappy week that I'm giving myself a present for getting through = the right price for Amalur. Thanks, OP!

Gonna pick up Uncharted, and possibly KoA because I have a feeling that it's going to get hard to find soon as both the developer and publisher are dead.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Online pass come with ME3 and Uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]

GameFly only sends out the discs to renters, everything else is untouched, so yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']^Not sure, but ME2 dropped pretty fast as well.[/QUOTE]
ME2 used tag sells $5 to $10 more on all used sites when shipping included. I always see it around $18-20 lowest used for ME2 it seems to be more valueable since nobody played 3rd yet since there going to 2 first. Muhahahahaha

Kingdom of Amalur is worth $60. I was lucky enough to grab it for $10 with the Best Buy's Gamers Club Coupon last month, and I've been playing it quite a bit. There are 3 main skill trees (Might, Sorcerer, and Finese/Rough), and you can either go straight Might, or choose a combo like Sorcerer/Finese or all three. Mixed in with different characters, and this game goes on and on. It has the most beautiful graphic, voice acting, story and music in all of my games, and I have quite a few PS3/360 games. But if you have a hugh backlog, then wait it out... unless you want to start enjoying the game now, of course.

[quote name='Joshe']KOA worth $20? been wanting to get it, but huge backlog is stopping me.

Do you guys think it'll drop in price later, or just snag a copy now?[/QUOTE]

Picked up SSX, I'm assuming this will be sold out quickly once more people know about the ongoing deals.

They also added live online multiplayer so I can't wait.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']How important is it to buy the $50 DLC for Battlefield 3? I can't decide if I should get Vanilla+online pass for $15 or get the $60 Premium edition...[/QUOTE]
You don't need it to find matches if that's what you're asking. The close quarters dlc is is awesome, if you're into small, high action maps. You get a few extra guns from each dlc pack also, those need to be unlocked first from completing assignments. Personally I feel it was worth it but I would have bought the maps either way though, so I may be biased

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Anybody not get online pass as I heard conflicting reports before.[/QUOTE]

I've read that it happens, but rarely. Contacting CS about a missing or used code should net you another one.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Really wish I got amalur when it was 10 at best buy...can't bite at 20 w tax[/QUOTE]

I paid $33 for it on ebay a week or two ago and haven't played much else since I received it. Well worth $18.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Still kinda pricy for KOA, especially since I have no idea who the money goes to now.[/QUOTE]
Its used, the money will go to GF. they did have to pay for them at launch so technically the developers/publishers already recieved the money.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Still kinda pricy for KOA, especially since I have no idea who the money goes to now.[/QUOTE]

Well on this, gamefly, because the publisher has already been paid. But on new copies, that would be the state of rhode island.

bread's done
Back