Is resident Evil Anthology worth it?

AzGoat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I love the resident evil games and no longer have a fat ps3. So i was just wondering if any of you guys think this is worth the 90 dollars?

If you don't have copies of the other games then yes, most definitely.

I have digital versions RE 1 - 4 and Code Veronica X on my PS3, and a disc based version of RE 5 Gold already so it's not really a deal for me.

Personally, I would just buy the $60 package. You can buy all the previous RE games really cheap and Code Veronica is really bad.

I'm debating this, too, but am trying to weigh what is the best approach. These might help.

Negative:
-I just don't see myself playing 1-3 again, since I've read they don't look that great on HD TVs.
-The content is digital. I'm not bothered by the format it's in, I'm just concerned about what happens next generation with all of this content. Since next generation seems impending with both the Xbox and Playstation, I'm very curious what will happen with all of this content. I'm hopeful it'll carry over to the next system without issue...but without any definitive 'Yes' from Sony or Microsoft, I can 'hope' that this will work.

Positive:
-The collection includes both Resident Evil 4 and 5, along with 5's DLC. That is worth over $30.
-The extra PS1 era games are just extras, and if you intend on playing them, it's even more of a bonus.
-The ability to gameshare the download games. This is important to me because my brother recently bought a PS3, but hardly plays. This way I can let him use my downloads of 4 and 5, and we can play cooperatively through 5 with only one purchase.
-I hate paying full price for a game, but this collection comes with a lot of extras to play through. This would probably be able to last the average gamer a year to play through, so it's a pretty nice collection, though mostly digital, if people are turned off by that.

Super Negative:
-It's Capcom. They withhold content. I expect Resident Evil 6 to be no different. But, if you play through all of the included content, a gold edition or a sale on the DLC should be possible.

Overall, I feel it's a good value. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are full sized games, not just small arcade titles. They both offer reasons to play through multiple times, and 5 has cooperative campaign play, with the mercenaries and competitive online play. This is a lot for $90; less if you were able to use the NewEgg coupons or get it like I did through Amazon quick pick discount.

The only downside is if you dislike digital copies, and if these things aren't forward compatible.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'm debating this, too, but am trying to weigh what is the best approach. These might help.

Negative:
-I just don't see myself playing 1-3 again, since I've read they don't look that great on HD TVs.
-The content is digital. I'm not bothered by the format it's in, I'm just concerned about what happens next generation with all of this content. Since next generation seems impending with both the Xbox and Playstation, I'm very curious what will happen with all of this content. I'm hopeful it'll carry over to the next system without issue...but without any definitive 'Yes' from Sony or Microsoft, I can 'hope' that this will work.

Positive:
-The collection includes both Resident Evil 4 and 5, along with 5's DLC. That is worth over $30.
-The extra PS1 era games are just extras, and if you intend on playing them, it's even more of a bonus.
-The ability to gameshare the download games. This is important to me because my brother recently bought a PS3, but hardly plays. This way I can let him use my downloads of 4 and 5, and we can play cooperatively through 5 with only one purchase.
-I hate paying full price for a game, but this collection comes with a lot of extras to play through. This would probably be able to last the average gamer a year to play through, so it's a pretty nice collection, though mostly digital, if people are turned off by that.

Super Negative:
-It's Capcom. They withhold content. I expect Resident Evil 6 to be no different. But, if you play through all of the included content, a gold edition or a sale on the DLC should be possible.

Overall, I feel it's a good value. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are full sized games, not just small arcade titles. They both offer reasons to play through multiple times, and 5 has cooperative campaign play, with the mercenaries and competitive online play. This is a lot for $90; less if you were able to use the NewEgg coupons or get it like I did through Amazon quick pick discount.

The only downside is if you dislike digital copies, and if these things aren't forward compatible.
[/QUOTE]

Well since you are talking about gameshare, Resident Evil 4 + 5 + DLCs will be $9 if you purchase resellable gameshares of them.

[quote name='screwkick']Code Veronica was the last great RE title until RE 4 fuck it with it's stupid over the shoulder camera view.[/QUOTE]
Amen.

bread's done
Back