Snes questions!

Tonious

CAGiversary!
Been playing a lot of Wii Virtual Console but there are a lot of great SNES games that are missing. So I figured I'd get a SNES but I've also seen those... I guess they're emulators? The ones that will play like any NES, SNES and Gensis games. Has anyone bought one? If so are they worthless pieces of junk? Debating getting one of those or just bitting the bullet and getting a SNES off ebay. Any advice is greatly apprecaited! And sorry for posting this on the Wii forum, didn't know where else to do it.

[quote name='Tonious']Been playing a lot of Wii Virtual Console but there are a lot of great SNES games that are missing. So I figured I'd get a SNES but I've also seen those... I guess they're emulators? The ones that will play like any NES, SNES and Gensis games. Has anyone bought one? If so are they worthless pieces of junk? Debating getting one of those or just bitting the bullet and getting a SNES off ebay. Any advice is greatly apprecaited! And sorry for posting this on the Wii forum, didn't know where else to do it.[/QUOTE]

We can't really talk about that here, but why would you buy one, most of the programs are freeware. As with all of that Google is your friend.

I Still have my SNES, hasn't been hooked up in about 2-3 years, when I tested it out to make sure it was still working, which prompted me to buy a SNES cleaning kit since it wasn't.

It's nice to have the real hardware, but if you don't care how you play the games and some that you wouldn't be able to play normally (imports) then emulators would be the way to go about it.

Yeah, debating getting the Retron 3 if I can't find a decently priced used Snes. Andthe reason I don't want to emulate on my computer is I like a controller and I want to play them on the big screen with my old lady. Thanks for the replies.

I have a Retro Duo about 2 years ago (I think?), which was the best available KO system, and I honestly regret buying it.

It's nice to have the ability to play both NES and SNES games from one system and it's also nice to be able to use original SNES controllers, even for NES games. But the audio quality in NES games is horrible and the video quality looks pretty poor.

I paid $40 for it and for that much, I could have easily picked up the individual consoles for that much. I'm not sure how much progress has been made since then but do your research before you buy.

[quote name='Vinny']I have a Retro Duo about 2 years ago (I think?), which was the best available KO system, and I honestly regret buying it.

It's nice to have the ability to play both NES and SNES games from one system and it's also nice to be able to use original SNES controllers, even for NES games. But the audio quality in NES games is horrible and the video quality looks pretty poor.

I paid $40 for it and for that much, I could have easily picked up the individual consoles for that much. I'm not sure how much progress has been made since then but do your research before you buy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I read the Retron Duo was terrible and they seemed to listen to everyone's complaints. I watched a couple of reviews of the Retron 3 on youtube and the general consensus is that it's much more improved. You can use the original controllers and they're S-video out for Genesis and the SNES but not the NES and it's simulated stereo with mono going through all the speaks. But I don't plan on playing Genesis games since I have that PS3 greatest Genesis hits collection thingie. Keeping my eye out. @_@ Maybe I can find a SNES at a flea market or a second hand store...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']He means the knockoff systems, like Yobo or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Musta missed that, hehe :lol: as I wasn't 100% sure if that's what he was on about or not, anyway...;)

bread's done
Back