Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (Xbox 360) $5.46 Amazon FSSS

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']This was in my cart for a while and just noticed the price dropped to this. I remember it was around this price a few months ago but I missed out. Ships and sold by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Excellent deal. I really enjoyed this game, but I wish I would have waited until it was $5. Never expected 360 games to go below $10 on Amazon... until it happened last fall.

Is it bad that I'm still holding out for under $5 on this? Looks like they still have over 1000 copies in the warehouse, and I can't forget when this was $4.80ish earlier in the year (mostly because I kept waiting on the $12 Dragon Quest V to drop to $10 back then too....sigh). Anyone who has this game want to convince me whether it's worth adding to the backlog? I've always heard wildly different opinions on it.

Also, several other games that have been sitting in my cart dropped in price as well (Fate/Extra LE being the only one I remember at this point). Maybe Amazon's gonna have an unadvertised Labor Day clearance sale?

[quote name='AFC']Is it bad that I'm still holding out for under $5 on this? Looks like they still have over 1000 copies in the warehouse, and I can't forget when this was $4.80ish earlier in the year (mostly because I kept waiting on the $12 Dragon Quest V to drop to $10 back then too....sigh). Anyone who has this game want to convince me whether it's worth adding to the backlog? I've always heard wildly different opinions on it.

Also, several other games that have been sitting in my cart dropped in price as well (Fate/Extra LE being the only one I remember at this point). Maybe Amazon's gonna have an unadvertised Labor Day clearance sale?[/QUOTE]

It's not incredibly original. As you've probably heard, there are some similarities to Ico and Zelda. If you're feeling nostalgic for games from the last two console eras, it's worth purchasing. It's not as pretty as many current gen games and the voice acting could be better, but it's got a great soundtrack and I enjoyed the puzzles utilizing the Majin.

Picked this up for $6.17 earlier this year, and it was a fun little game to play. I'd definitely recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really shouldn't be buying this especially since I'm saving up money for my trips, a new phone and upcoming Cowboom sales but this has been on my list of games to buy and at $5, It's worth it. Hoping that its a good little game to play like the demo was.

I got this game about a year ago for under $10. Can't remember where. To me it was worth it so this seem like a pretty good price for a decent game.

This is a good deal
Sig.jpg

Was going to buy this then saw that my state now charges tax on Amazon, that $.33 really just made a difference and the deal didn't seem so good anymore.

[quote name='junkie88']Was going to buy this then saw that my state now charges tax on Amazon, that $.33 really just made a difference and the deal didn't seem so good anymore.[/QUOTE]

Such a Patriot.

Thx OP. I passed on this earlier when it was this price and heavily regretted it. You have redeemed me!

Good find. This game tends to do this every now and again. It just gradually decreases. Last time I think it got down to like the high $3's before jumping back up. I'm gonna bite this time.

[quote name='blinknot4']

I'll get to playing it *looks at backlog* around 2014 or so...[/QUOTE]

LOL that's pretty much why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. $4.95 is the lowest this has gone for the new price, so I'm holding out for that. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']LOL that's pretty much why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. $4.95 is the lowest this has gone for the new price, so I'm holding out for that. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude your such a cheapo lmao.

FYI, if you get it with Prime and don't enjoy it, you might have enough time to flip it to Best Buy during the 100% trade-in and get yourself $10 credit.

[quote name='bshirk']It's not incredibly original. As you've probably heard, there are some similarities to Ico and Zelda. If you're feeling nostalgic for games from the last two console eras, it's worth purchasing. It's not as pretty as many current gen games and the voice acting could be better, but it's got a great soundtrack and I enjoyed the puzzles utilizing the Majin.[/QUOTE]

this is the only game i have ever stopped playing due to voice acting. The creature plays like some dumb oaf, even to the extent he falls down and says "OOOOUUUUUCCCHHHHHH" every three minutes. I rage quit after the 100th time he did that. I didn't sign up to be the monster's caretaker.

Recently got this as a rental and played it on the PS3. I really liked it. Only things I hated were the amount of backtracking, the Majin wasting time falling down when you are trying to hurry through the backtracking, and the ridiculous grind needed after completing to finish one of the last trophies/achievements.

[quote name='jsantillan13']this is the only game i have ever stopped playing due to voice acting. The creature plays like some dumb oaf.[/QUOTE]

Lol - I remember this from the demo. But I don't care... For less than the cost of a Turkey Tom, I'm okay with some Eeyore sounding voice acting.

bread's done
Back