Futureshop.ca - $10 off most pre-orders

[quote name='Icetron']Thanks, gonna preorder All-Stars and DMC. Wow you get a $10 credit AND $10 off.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how? I only get $10 off when I try it, and it doesn't say you get a $10 credit anywhere.

You only get $10 off.

> BONUS $10 credit on this title when you pre-order online!
Get a $10 credit when you pre-order this title online. The credit will automatically be applied to your cart. If the price drops on the release date you will be charged the lowest price. Promotion valid from August 31 to September 6, 2012.

Anyways, in for Pokemon Black 2.

Sweet I was wondering what to use my $10 off coupon that I got from Kingdom hearts 3d. If only I had 2 of them lol

Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Sweet I was wondering what to use my $10 off coupon that I got from Kingdom hearts 3d. If only I had 2 of them lol

Thanks for the heads up[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me, Pokemon Black 2 at $15. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Is this for 1 time bonus credit per game, order, or account?[/QUOTE]
I don't think there are any limits, it's just like any normal sale.

So best buy is doing 10% off a lot of their games and plus the $10 rewardzone on pre-orders it comes out cheaper in the long run but you have to deal with store credit and the 35 day waiting period just to save an extra few bucks. I'm going to stick with the Futureshop deal.

Hmmmm Dead or Alive 5 will probably drop in price pretty soon after release right? or at least within a few weeks/months...

Guess I'll think about it a bit
Good deal though :D

Thanks op, going to order pokemon white and black 2, and kirby.

Now to wait patiently for sleeping dogs.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']Yeah, guess I'll pass on Dead or Alive 5 for now.
Preordered Ni No Kuni though :D thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Not considering the Wizard Edition? With some more preorders we might get the coin too!

[quote name='Faytz']Not considering the Wizard Edition? With some more preorders we might get the coin too![/QUOTE]
Considering it still. It's about $110 shipped?
Just worried about whether we'd get hit with any shipping company brokerage fees or customs fees.

I'm taking my chances, customs has been lax since they changed the tax exemption for crossing the border.

Pretty sure they made a deal with Canada.

Was hoping to pre-order silent hill book of memories... apparently they sold out of pre-orders for the regular edition of the game? didn't know that was possible. lol

[quote name='maigoyume']I'm taking my chances, customs has been lax since they changed the tax exemption for crossing the border.

[/QUOTE]
What change was made? I hadn't heard about that.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']What change was made? I hadn't heard about that.[/QUOTE]Not regarding mail specifically, but for when you go down and return. However I'm positive they're more lax about letting mail packages through now.

Oh hey look, convenient link in my sig to these sites ;)

What are your personal exemptions?

After each absence of 24 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$200 worth of goods without paying any duties. This is your personal exemption.

After each absence of 48 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$800 worth of goods without paying any duties.

Used to be
24 hrs - $50
48 hrs - $200
7 days - $800

Just Pre-Ordered Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for $19.99 and Anarchy Reigns for $19.99
Can't complain about those prices :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']I'm taking my chances, customs has been lax since they changed the tax exemption for crossing the border.

Pretty sure they made a deal with Canada.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I had to pay customs charges to receive my SE Ultimate package, even though the damn thing was free.

[quote name='TidalDreams']Good luck with that. I had to pay customs charges to receive my SE Ultimate package, even though the damn thing was free.[/QUOTE]I haven't been custom taxed in almost 3 years, and I order packages frequently from the US. Most of them are gifted and within my $60 exemption mind you, however if the item is sent from a company they're supposed to tax it automatically, sometimes the custom's officer is a touch lazy though.

From the site:

Under the provisions of the Postal Imports Remission Order, if someone mails you an item worth CAN$20 or less, you don’t have to pay duty or taxes on the item. If the item is worth more than CAN$20, you must pay the applicable duty, the GST or HST, and any PST on the item’s full value.

• If you receive an imported GIFT by mail that is worth CAN$60 or less, you will not have to pay duty or tax on it.
  • If the GIFT is worth more than CAN$60, you will have to pay any applicable duty and taxes on any amount over CAN$60.
    • For example, if a relative sends you a gift worth CAN$200, you must pay any applicable duty, GST or HST and PST on CAN$140.
    • As well, the CAN$60 gift exemption cannot be combined with the CAN$20 exemption that is available on most items valued at CAN$20 or less.

[quote name='maigoyume']Not regarding mail specifically, but for when you go down and return. However I'm positive they're more lax about letting mail packages through now.

Oh hey look, convenient link in my sig to these sites ;)

What are your personal exemptions?

After each absence of 24 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$200 worth of goods without paying any duties. This is your personal exemption.

After each absence of 48 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$800 worth of goods without paying any duties.

Used to be
24 hrs - $50
48 hrs - $200
7 days - $800[/QUOTE]
Cool. Last time I checked you could receive up to $60 in the mail without paying duty. I ordered some action figures a couple years ago that totaled over $100 and got no fees tho. I think I made at least two orders like that with no customs fees.

Oh I just saw your other post. I don't think those orders were marked as gifts. They had Toy Store tape wrapped all over them too. I'm thinkin about ordering a $60 gameboy from the US soon, hope they don't get me. I'll ask for it to be marked gift.

[quote name='maigoyume']I haven't been custom taxed in almost 3 years, and I order packages frequently from the US. Most of them are gifted and within my $60 exemption mind you, however if the item is sent from a company they're supposed to tax it automatically, sometimes the custom's officer is a touch lazy though.

From the site:

Under the provisions of the Postal Imports Remission Order, if someone mails you an item worth CAN$20 or less, you don’t have to pay duty or taxes on the item. If the item is worth more than CAN$20, you must pay the applicable duty, the GST or HST, and any PST on the item’s full value.

• If you receive an imported GIFT by mail that is worth CAN$60 or less, you will not have to pay duty or tax on it.
  • If the GIFT is worth more than CAN$60, you will have to pay any applicable duty and taxes on any amount over CAN$60.
    • For example, if a relative sends you a gift worth CAN$200, you must pay any applicable duty, GST or HST and PST on CAN$140.
    • As well, the CAN$60 gift exemption cannot be combined with the CAN$20 exemption that is available on most items valued at CAN$20 or less.
[/QUOTE]

I don't order from the States that often, but I was pretty pissed about that one since the items were supposed to be free. I did get packages from Deep Discount that were marked at $100+ dollars and didn't get charged (although in reality I only paid about $30-40 so I would have bitched at them for overdeclaring if I did get charged).

Ooh one time I ordered some CDs for like $3 each but the seller didn't write a value, customs took it upon themselves to decide the CDs were worth $10 each and charged me based on that. I was pissed off cause they had been way cheaper. Guess it's the seller's fault but I was mad at customs too. They were CD singles, not full albums.

[quote name='TidalDreams']Way off topic, but since we're talking about customs charges, has anyone ordered from Rightstuf and not gotten charged?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I get charged every single time, because of whatever courier service they're using, instead of regular USPS. I think if I asked them to, they might be able to ship an order through USPS instead, since it's what they use for their US orders. Their customer service is always very nice.

I always spend at least $150, for the "free" shipping, but usually end up paying between $18-30 in courier/customs fees. Still not bad imo, since overall it's still cheaper than buying what I want through amazon.ca

[quote name='TidalDreams']Way off topic, but since we're talking about customs charges, has anyone ordered from Rightstuf and not gotten charged?[/QUOTE]

The first time I ordered from them, my order was just over $150 and I was charged around $30.

The next two times, my orders were under $20 (not including shipping...both were under $30 shipped) and I wasn't hit with anything. I don't like shopping with them because I hate having to pay a fee whenever it gets delivered, I like knowing exactly how much I'll have to pay for something, even if it means paying more on Amazon.ca or even from Amazon.com.

Thanks OP.

I hope they still keep the $10 off incase some of these games get special editions *looks at Bioshock Infinite*

[quote name='TidalDreams']I don't order from the States that often, but I was pretty pissed about that one since the items were supposed to be free. I did get packages from Deep Discount that were marked at $100+ dollars and didn't get charged (although in reality I only paid about $30-40 so I would have bitched at them for overdeclaring if I did get charged).[/QUOTE]The customs taxing is very much dependent on the mood/temperament of the officer who ends up with your package in front of them. I've spoken to 3 postal workers and 1 customs officer regarding this.

Customs officer Jim - Just got back from vacation and is all mellowed out, see's your $115 package from deep discount, decides that he doesn't feel like doing the paperwork and gives you a break, no customs tax

Customs officer Bob - His hockey team just lost the playoffs, he's been having some trouble with his girlfriend, see's your $65 package, decides he wants to take out his frustration on you, fills out the necessary paperwork, BAM! customs tax

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Ooh one time I ordered some CDs for like $3 each but the seller didn't write a value, customs took it upon themselves to decide the CDs were worth $10 each and charged me based on that. I was pissed off cause they had been way cheaper. Guess it's the seller's fault but I was mad at customs too. They were CD singles, not full albums.[/QUOTE]That is definitely the seller's fault for not putting a value. You should've made him/her cover the custom's fee. That being said if there is no value they will give it a generic value, ex. $5 postcard, $15 toy etc.

First time I ordered from Rightstuf It was a $100 order and I never got charged customs. Maybe I was lucky.

Back on topic, ordered Pokemon White 2 and Kirby Collection. Not sure what I'll use my $10 off September coupon on now.. especially since the only other game on my radar this month is Tokyo Jungle and it's digital only in NA.

[quote name='EvilMario']Back on topic, ordered Pokemon White 2 and Kirby Collection. Not sure what I'll use my $10 off September coupon on now.. especially since the only other game on my radar this month is Tokyo Jungle and it's digital only in NA.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered Kirby Collection as well. Too bad we can't use the $10 September credit on a psn card as I am dying to play tokyo jungle as well.

[quote name='BellardB']Does anyone know which preorders come with steelbooks besides halo 4 and resident evil 6?[/QUOTE]

Dishonored comes to mind, but it was buggy earlier.

bread's done
Back