Gamefly PC Download Sale: Ubisoft Week *ends 9/6

I've heard mostly awful things about Gamefly's client as well as the uPlay client, so I'm kind of reluctant to buy anything. I was considering AC II: Deluxe since it's only $5, but I dunno if it's worth the risk.

[quote name='suwillgetu']I've heard mostly awful things about Gamefly's client as well as the uPlay client, so I'm kind of reluctant to buy anything. I was considering AC II: Deluxe since it's only $5, but I dunno if it's worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

it's rather bad imo. They had a big security breach a couple of months ago as well. The breach allowed someone to access your machine. Here's ubisoft's response: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/30/ubisoft-respond-to-uplay-security-drama/

They were silently installing plugins into your browser so they could monitor customer activity. I bought driver on the steam sale and I was enjoying it but after closing the breach I just couldn't bring myself to reinstall their software and play it again. Far too annoyed with them.

[quote name='VA703']Do any of these games activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

No, for most of those.

Though, once you download and install one of these games from GameFly (if you don't have UPlay in its newest form installed), this should force UPlay to update itself to its newest version AND add any UPlay-supported games (from UbiSoft) you might have installed into the Uplay program manager.

EDIT:
Someone already mentioned it - yeah, RUSE requires Steam.

I have a question about Uplay and I can't seem to find a real answer...

Let's say I buy a Ubisoft game from Gamefly. Gamefly hosts a download of the game and gives you a key, right?

Do you /have/ to download the game from Gamefly? Or can you just stick the key in Uplay and manage the download through there?

The reason I ask is I get some crazy slow speeds from some of the digital retailers for their DRM-free downloads and well... yeah. I'm just wondering as I've never bought anything Uplay-y. Do you need to download and keep the original install files from the retailer you get it from?

(I'm interested in HoMM6 specifically)

bread's done
Back