Richest woman in the world calls for wage cuts (to the poor.)

ID2006

CAGiversary!
Note: Video link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19487985

Australian mining magnate Gina Rinehart has criticised her country's economic performance and said Africans willing to work for $2 a day should be an inspiration.
Ms Rinehart is said to make nearly A$600 (£393) a second, and her views have been dismissed by Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Duncan Kennedy reports from Sydney.
Apparently she thinks Australians should be competing with some Africans who are being paid only $2 for an entire day. At least she's more honest than some who share that sentiment here.

Also, she pretty much called them drunks and told them to stop drinking so much.

Normally, I wouldn't even care, but her being the richest woman set off my irony sensors here.

[quote name='ID2006']Also, she pretty much called them drunks and told them to stop drinking so much.[/QUOTE]

Australians do drink alot. However as long as we're exchanging health advice, may I suggest she lay off the foie gras.

Yes, because I'm sure some entitled twat who inherited her entire fortune has put in more work then the miners she wants to earn slave wages.

It would serve the selfish ass right if any of her kids were kidnapped and held ransom as that's the kind of society she's aiming for.
I mean only a fucking idiot would aim for economies like Mexico given those type of wage conditions. I'm sure Africa would echo similar conditions more clearly if it was as industrialized.
But then some of these rich idiots will always see fit to wish to rob their kids of having a real purpose of enriching the world with their contribution, that being one of artistry, innovation, etc. Being a Pimp(i.e. benefactor) doesn't count. The Medici were worthless except for being sugar daddies and that's nothing to be proud of. In English, you're a fucking parasite, a rich rentier piece of shit.
I have the sneaking suspicion the woman interviewed was second or third generation rich as it only seems like the kids of these people can be so alienated as to seeing what a tremendous effect in prosperity just a modest wage increase will yield.

Hmm, apparently she lacks the general understanding that an economy is largely reflective of consumer spending (the demand part of that certain equation) and that her country's economy would tank if people only earned $2 a day.
I'll bet it would take a team of 40 of her miners about $16 each to dig her head out of her ass. Yes, a math joke. I went there.

Nah, the rich don't leverage their wealth to exploit those without wealth. Not at all... :roll:

[quote name='nasum']Hmm, apparently she lacks the general understanding that an economy is largely reflective of consumer spending (the demand part of that certain equation) and that her country's economy would tank if people only earned $2 a day.
I'll bet it would take a team of 40 of her miners about $16 each to dig her head out of her ass. Yes, a math joke. I went there.[/QUOTE]

Makes you feel good to think someone can be so rich and "successful" in this world yet seem to be lacking even a basic understanding of economics...

[quote name='Strell']I think the only day this lady ever worked in her life was at a buffet.[/QUOTE]

And she worked hard and long.

whatever became of that one big fat white women who went over Africa and was saying only 59 cents a day could feed so many (or something like that)

loved on south park it showed her eating all of the food they sent them :)

[quote name='slidecage']whatever became of that one big fat white women who went over Africa and was saying only 59 cents a day could feed so many (or something like that)

loved on south park it showed her eating all of the food they sent them :)[/QUOTE]

Kind of funny that slidecage is the only Republican to show up in this thread.

My guess is that most of them silently agree with this woman and poor slidecage is too stupid to realize what his party is really all about. (I do feel bad for you slidecage, but I gotta speak the truth here)

[quote name='slidecage']whatever became of that one big fat white women who went over Africa and was saying only 59 cents a day could feed so many (or something like that)

loved on south park it showed her eating all of the food they sent them :)[/QUOTE]
http://gawker.com/5943170/

bread's done
Back