Asura's Wrath $20 FSS @ Amazon

Bought it since was interested in playing it and since i don't think its a long game, can send it right back.

I'll watch the "real ending" on youtube.

I just bought it for $25 a bit ago and played through it, fairly exclusively. It was completely worth $25.

It's on the shorter side, but epic. Oh, so epic. Frankly, it feels like just the right length for the story it's telling. Any more would be over-padding.

This game is about the overall experience, and it's a fantastic one.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Bought it since w
Sig.jpg
as interested in playing it and since i don't think its a long game, can send it right back.

I'll watch the "real ending" on youtube.[/QUOTE]
Think Ima pick this up reviews look good good price also

Honestly I feel as if $10 is the sweet spot of maybe $20 for a GOTY collection. Doubt I'd buy the DLC as from what I hear there isn't any real gameplay in them.

yeah, waiting for under $20 ps3 version here too.

All accounts seem to point to this game being a blast, but basically only like 5-6 hours long, plus you gotta buy the DLC to basically finish the game. So, I'd definitely only want to pay no more than $20-30 (preferrably $20) for a total of 6-7 hours of a good and unique but short game experience

Its weird how this game has stubbornly held onto its price and never really ever properly came down to the under $20 range (I've seen SF vs. tekken on the cheap now for quite awhile, why not this??)

[quote name='Sarang01']Not paying more then $10 for this since Capcom expects you to pay for the ending.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I beat it and had no idea another ending existed. Is this like Ubisoft and Prince of Persia (2008) again? I hate this practice.

[quote name='ck76'] Is this like Ubisoft and Prince of Persia (2008) again?[/QUOTE]Pretty much. From what I've heard Square pulled the same stunt with Tomb Raider: Underworld.

[quote name='draven1089']Honestly I feel as if $10 is the sweet spot of maybe $20 for a GOTY collection. Doubt I'd buy the DLC as from what I hear there isn't any real gameplay in them.[/QUOTE]

I seriously can't imagine this game won any GOTY awards..

The DLC isn't really a "real ending" at all. It's basically the second season of the Asura's Wrath anime season and almost doubles the game's length overall so it's kind of really worth it. Besides, there'll never be an actual sequel to the game so this is the only way fans of it would ever see more.

The game itself ends just fine even if you don't have the DLC anyway.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Bought it since was interested in playing it and since i don't think its a long game, can send it right back.

I'll watch the "real ending" on youtube.[/QUOTE]

The trade value on amazon is currently $20.25 for the xbox version and it is not a long game. If you have prime, you could easily lock in a trade now, have it shipped to you and play it within the 7 day trade in window.

Can't recommend this game unless you are a huge fan of anime and would enjoy 4-6 hours of movies, excessive quick-time events, and very basic and boring gameplay. To be fair though, maybe this just rubbed me the wrong way since i'm not an anime fan.

[quote name='K_G']The trade value on amazon is currently $20.25 for the xbox version and it is not a long game. If you have prime, you could easily lock in a trade now, have it shipped to you and play it within the 7 day trade in window.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm doing.

Also, check the 3rd party sellers. Lowest price was $19.77 and still eligible for Prime shipping. Locked in my TIV and will try to blaze through this before sending in.

Current base TIV at Best Buy is $10 or $20 after current 100% promo ($21 if Unlocked), so that's another possible route, assuming that price holds.

Thanks OP!

um no. there is more dlc than just the anime qte's. there is an actual true ending dlc chapter. if u are too cheap to buy the true ending chapter and need to tell urself the vanilla ending is all there is, then sux for u.

[quote name='Eggman']The DLC isn't really a "real ending" at all. It's basically the second season of the Asura's Wrath anime season and almost doubles the game's length overall so it's kind of really worth it. Besides, there'll never be an actual sequel to the game so this is the only way fans of it would ever see more.

The game itself ends just fine even if you don't have the DLC anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='draven1089']360 only, still a bit high for me to bite but others might consider. Heard it's really short.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benjamouth']Probably be the sweet spot for a few people.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

Saw the ps3/360 versions clearanced for $25 @ my local BBY and was seriously considering it...but after seeing that the 'extended epilogue/ending/season 2' or w/e it's called DLC existed, fuck that.

Otherwise, $20 was pretty much my pricepoint for this, despite it being so short. However, Capcom needs to pull it's head out of it's collective ass with this half-game bullshit.

My 360 has been broken for a good year now :(

Will wait for the PS3 version to hit the $15 range before I pick this one up.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The next Capcom game I will buy new is AAI2.

Yes that does mean exactly what it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

I can't even guess what AAI2 stands for.

Edit: Ace attorney perhaps?

[quote name='RollingSkull']The next Capcom game I will buy new is AAI2.

Yes that does mean exactly what it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

But.... Phoenix Wright 5 was announced to be coming to the US as well. Don't tell me you would skip out on that?

And the new 24.86 for PS3 Asura's is from a prime eligible 3rd party seller, which means no tax (for me at least). Still going to wait and see if it keeps dropping though...

bread's done
Back