4000 msp - $40 ($38 redcard shipped), B2G1 Free Games

season187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Today's Target Daily Deal has 4000 points for $40. For red card it is $38 with free shipping.

There is also B2G1 free games (didnt see anything I wanted)
:360:
Wipeout: In the Zone
Spider-Man: Edge of Time
SpongeBob Surf and Skate
Price is Right Decades
Puss in Boots
Fable III
Saints Row 2
Cabela's North American Adventures

:ps3:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row: The Third Platinum Pack Collector's Edition (Sold out)

:ds:
WWE Allstars
Moshi Monsters
Madden NFL Football
The Legendary Starfy
Batman: Brave and the Bold
Bejeweled 3
Cooking Mama
Wonder Pets!: Save the Animals!
Style Lab: Fashion Design
Hello Kitty Big City Dreams
Style Lab: Jewelry Design
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers

:wii:
Price is Right Decades
Monster Jam: Urban Assault
Hello Kitty Seasons
Cabelas: Monster Buck Hunter
Brunswick Cosmic Bowling
Game Party 2
Ultimate I Spy
Wheel of Fortune
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Vacation Isle: Beach Party
We Ski

Also uDraw is on sale, many of it is sold out. What is still available right now is (pretty much crap lol)...
Disney Princess: Enchanting Storybooks :wii: - $14.99
Marvel Super Heo Squad :wii::ps3: - $13.49
SpongeBob SquigglePants :wii: - $12.29

http://dailydeals.target.com/?ref= sc_iw_ss&lnk=gfot_t_spc_1_16

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, awful selection of games for B2G1, but great deal on the points. Even cheaper for me considering I can use my $10 GC from buying Max Payne 3 earlier this week! $28 shipped for $50 in MS points, can't beat that.

For some reason it keeps charging shipping on the MS points even though it says free shipping on the deals page :|

Is there anyway to get free shipping without the redcard?
I don't have one and I don't think I could get one in time for the deal.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']For some reason it keeps charging shipping on the MS points even though it says free shipping on the deals page :|[/QUOTE]

That's odd.

OP, you may want to add that all these Daily Deals (are supposed to) ship free, you don't need a REDcard. Daily Deals at Target always have free shipping.

[quote name='litepink']That's odd.

OP, you may want to add that all these Daily Deals (are supposed to) ship free, you don't need a REDcard. Daily Deals at Target always have free shipping.[/QUOTE]

It says it has free shipping but when I try to checkout they have a $4.98 shipping charge (for the MS card)

It should be free shipping. Target daily deals are always free shipping regardless of whether or not you have a redcard. It even says free shipping. I would go through with the whole purchase then call or email them and ask for the shipping refunded. or it may drop off at the end maybe?

Yeah, it's an error for sure. If you want to risk it, wait to see if it's corrected. Or take screen grabs of everything and ask for a refund later.

[quote name='season187']It should be free shipping. Target daily deals are always free shipping regardless of whether or not you have a redcard. It even says free shipping. I would go through with the whole purchase then call or email them and ask for the shipping refunded. or it may drop off at the end maybe?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't drop off at the end -- maybe it's an error on their side.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']BTW the site itself says "free shipping on select orders" if you spend $50, but only on "qualified orders" that have that designation. This doesn't seem to be one of them :(

http://www.target.com/c/50-free-ship/-/N-5q0fx#?lnk=GlobalMessaging|&intc=660247|null[/QUOTE]

Yeah but at the top left of the Target home page it says "daily deals. one day only. always free shipping" and on the actual deal page it says $40 "20% off + free shipping" on the actual item. i think someone just screwed up and its accidentally charging shipping

Do these Target deals usually go out of stock by the end of the day? I want the points card but I want to wait until they fix this shipping error.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']I sent an email, ill see if i get a response soon enough to order...[/QUOTE]

What is their email? I couldn't find it on the page

[quote name='karaethon']What is their email? I couldn't find it on the page[/QUOTE]

There is a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page when you hit the subtotal screen...that is what I used.

Still thinking. If they had the $10 off $100 promo (that stacked with the sale price) like last time, I would buy 3 again in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Gosha']Can you get it for this price in store?[/QUOTE]

Daily deals are usually only online. I highly doubt it is in store.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Red Card isn't a discount card, but a credit or debit card? I'll have to pass on that and this deal. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Correct, its a Credit Card/Store Care. Gives you 5% off on all purchases.

[quote name='daemissary']There is a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page when you hit the subtotal screen...that is what I used.[/QUOTE]

yea thats sounds right. no response yet though

I went ahead and called, and the customer service guy told me that the lack of free shipping for non-Red Card people is indeed an error. (Shipping on the daily deals should always be free, as the banner on the promotion page says). After I placed the order, he issued a refund for the cost of shipping.

So, cool! And thanks, OP!

[quote name='pROvIs']Correct, its a Credit Card/Store Care. Gives you 5% off on all purchases.[/QUOTE]

Or debit card. My red card links to my checking account, so it's like using my debit card.

Blah, called to get an adjustment after ordering -- the CSR said it's not an error and that it doesn't qualify for free shipping. Obviously she's wrong because it says free shipping on the site, but I've wasted enough time on the phone. If they fix it I'd try it again.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Blah, called to get an adjustment after ordering -- the CSR said it's not an error and that it doesn't qualify for free shipping. Obviously she's wrong because it says free shipping on the site, but I've wasted enough time on the phone. If they fix it I'd try it again.[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, I called before placing the order. Then the guy said "Place the order, and you'll see an adjustment within the hour," and that's what happened.

[quote name='mokmoof']For what it's worth, I called before placing the order. Then the guy said "Place the order, and you'll see an adjustment within the hour," and that's what happened.[/QUOTE]

Is that an automatic thing or because you called?

Speaking of B2G1, I was just at the Target near my work, and they had signs for B2G1 free in their limited used game section. I've yet to find anything all that great at any Target that I've seen carry used games, but it may still be worth a shot checking out yourself.

Finally got in on this deal after missing it a few times. The last deal with the $10 off 100 would have been better but this is still great. I'm lucky in that I not only got a redcard discount but an employee discount as well thanks to my gf.

For us shipping showed until the last page & was finally $0 by time we had to confirm our order

Target call center is having a hard time with the notion that the website says 20% off + free shipping. After 2 calls and about 15 minutes of trying to get through to a supervisor, an offer to email them the screenshot or a link to the page they FINALLY agreed to refund the shipping. I guess Diligence pays off this time!

There are ALWAYS ebay sellers selling 4000 point codes for $37-40 dollars. They even send you the code within 24 hours, so you can use it faster. I don't know why people always freak out about these deals when they pop up. They are always sitting there waiting on ebay.

(The end of that almost sounded like a commercial... lol)

[quote name='Zaku77']There are ALWAYS ebay sellers selling 4000 point codes for $37-40 dollars. They even send you the code within 24 hours, so you can use it faster. I don't know why people always freak out about these deals when they pop up. They are always sitting there waiting on ebay.

(The end of that almost sounded like a commercial... lol)[/QUOTE]

I dont trust ebay sellers (outside of buy) because im not certain the point cofes are legit. If they are fake/exploited and microsoft does some sort of check in the future, who do you think is gng to be held accountable? Random seller on ebay that is long gone or the live member who cashed in on the points? For the extra 10 bucks, i will take peace of mind anyday.

The only ones you need to be wary of are the ones selling them as 160 points. Those are usually from random exploits. The rest seem to be just fine. I've also never heard of anyone having any repercussions against their account for using 'stolen' or 'non-legit' Microsoft Points. The Xbox has been out for a lot of years now. If it was going to happen it would have happened. And you can bet that it would be all over sites like Joystiq if it did.

bread's done
Back