Power Ranger Webseries - Check it out

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!
My team recently put together a 2-minute teaser for a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger web series we are trying to get off the ground. We are going for a different approach than what most people know about the series.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think. If it gets a good response here, there is definitely more material and news coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9_MvP7zHA&feature=plcp

If you enjoy that, like us at http://www.Facebook.com/MMPRfilm
And check out our website at http://www.MMPRfilm.com

Gotta work on that Zedd voice. Otherwise, it looks okay. I'm certainly intrigued as a MMPR fan. What kind of Ranger suits are you using?

Yea, it's interesting and I'd keep an eye out for it. Just that Zedd voice needs a bit of work...at first I thought there was something wrong with my speaker's wiring.

Grimdark power rangeers? Might be interesting. However I agree on the voice, I didn't realize someone was talking until halfway through, I thought it was just static or background noise.

582564_141299409347306_1723731349_n.jpg

MMPR

The Power Rangers have vanished. Lord Zedd, their greatest enemy, has been defeated. The world is saved. Tommy Oliver, no longer the White Ranger, is in exile; running…hiding…waiting…for evil to find him again.

The world has moved on. Now, 20 years later, Lord Zedd has returned - stronger, faster and nastier. Slowly regaining his powers and at the helm of a new army, he is looking for revenge against Tommy.

Haunted by his past and having given up on fighting for the world, Tommy is tracked down by Zedd and his minions. But with the help of a mysterious woman named Beth, they discover that Zedd is looking for more than revenge...much more.

Now, to stop the forces of evil, Tommy and Beth seek help in stopping Zedd : Cole, an underground street fighter looking to do battle with anyone and everyone, April and Dylan Apollo, twin sisters as different as night and day, seeking to protect the earth more than its people, and Collins, a police officer who’s no stranger to villains.

Together, Tommy and his new team are all that stands between Zedd and the end of the world. Will they triumph, or will Zedd finally destroy his greatest threat once and for all?

Reformed, repowered, the POWER RANGERS are back.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in talks with Jason David Frank to get him to star in this.

If you like our film, check us out at facebook.com/MMPRfilm.

We also have a indiegogo page where people can donate to the film (indiegogo.com/MMPRfilm) however the page is a little dated and more info will be posted soon.

[quote name='Gden']I'm sure they can scrape together his $20 appearance fee.[/QUOTE]
He actually seems to charge a decent bit for shit from the stuff he posts on his facebook. It's kind of surprising to see what people will pay for.

[quote name='AA_Punk']We are in talks with Jason David Frank to get him to star in this.

We also have a indiegogo page where people can donate to the film (indiegogo.com/MMPRfilm) however the page is a little dated and more info will be posted soon.[/QUOTE]

How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.

[quote name='AA_Punk']We are in talks with Jason David Frank to get him to star in this.

We also have a indiegogo page where people can donate to the film (indiegogo.com/MMPRfilm) however the page is a little dated and more info will be posted soon.[/QUOTE]

You could also try doing a kickstarter.

Looks interesting... MMPR was a pretty big part of my childhood, so a more modernized/dark take on it could be kinda cool. Also, the voice didn't bother me at all.

In a time shortly after I sprung for the MMPR dvd set, I have to say this does grab my attention. Oh nostalgia, my biggest enemy in my goals of saving money and time.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I appreciate it. We are trying to reach out to that crowd that grew up watching the show, but fell out of it as they got older and the cast started changing more frequently.

I was out in California a few weeks back for the 2012 Power Morphicon event (a comic-con type event for Power Ranger fans), where we showed the teaser to several fans, cast and crew members of the show. One of the producers loved it and screened it during his panel in front of 150+ people.

Here is a video with some of the reactions. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVUDgylnhro&feature=plcp

Great job, I am really digging the dark tones and would love to watch a full complete movie/show/web series with this sinister concept.

I don't know if any of you guys have been paying attention to my campaign to getting my Power Ranger film made...

But my team will be making a BIG announcement at the end of this week regarding a VERY FAMILIAR name in the Power Rangers franchise being involved.

We are very happy to announce that Ron Wasserman has agreed to compose the score for the film, MMPR!

Ron is a very talented musician and television composer, who not only worked on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series for ov...er 10+ years, but is also the man responsible for the theme song we all know and love, "Go Go Power Rangers!"

Ron is a big fan of the MMPR film and is a welcome addition to the team.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913700/

Big MMPR fan, waiting for the first movie to hit Blu-ray...eventually. Color me interested.

EDIT: I'll donate if it moves to Kickstarter. Not a fan of Indiegogo.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If you are a fan of MMPR, stay tuned as we will be making *TWO* *MAJOR* ANNOUNCEMENTS NEXT WEEK! On Monday, we will make an announcement regarding our future plans for the film and then we will make a very special HALLOWEEN announcement on
Wednesday about A FORMER CAST MEMBER (and its not who you would expect!) joining the ranks of MMPR.

The last time we had a major announcement it was the inclusion of Ron Wasserman, so we don't dissapoint when we say we have something lined up. Next week - WE HAVE TWO!

Guys, we are getting the ball rolling now but we still need your help. We have only been able to raise just over $500 on our indiegogo campaign which ends in December. If you would like to see us make this film, we need all the support we can get and every dollar counts. If you can, take a look at the page below and donate.

http://www.indiegogo.com/MMPR?show_todos=true"

that is our latest post from facebook.com/mmprfilm

Since you didn't answer before: How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.

[quote name='kodave']Since you didn't answer before: How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.[/QUOTE]

It is non-profit, we aren't making anything off this.

For all of our fans of MMPR, we are happy to share with you all the news that we are currently entering Pre-Production for a special Prologue Episode! This episode will explain the story behind our Lord Zedd trailer and the world that MMPR takes place in, as well as introduce one of our RANGERS and will show them in action. We have major plans for this episode and have a few surprises in store.

Let's take this opportunity to hear from our fans. What would you like to see in this episode?

[quote name='AA_Punk']It is non-profit, we aren't making anything off this.[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to understand IP laws then.

Profit or non-profit, it doesn't matter. They can still take action against you as they feel is necessary to protect their IP.

It just depends how big you appear on their radar and whether they want to do anything about it. Considering you're collecting money for this - I'd say that will put you on their radar sooner rather than later.

You might want to think of a contingency plan.

[quote name='kodave']You don't seem to understand IP laws then.

Profit or non-profit, it doesn't matter. They can still take action against you as they feel is necessary to protect their IP.

It just depends how big you appear on their radar and whether they want to do anything about it. Considering you're collecting money for this - I'd say that will put you on their radar sooner rather than later.

You might want to think of a contingency plan.[/QUOTE]

We have a few crew members who have some experience working on fan films. But yes, more than likely, if Saban doesn't want us to do this, they have ways of stopping us.

But right now, they haven't contacted us so we will continue forward as much as we can.

Will this take place after Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder or in between? I remember Tommy becomes the Black Ranger in Dino Thunder. Or does this take place in a retold universe?

[quote name='Dinky']Will this take place after Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder or in between? I remember Tommy becomes the Black Ranger in Dino Thunder. Or does this take place in a retold universe?[/QUOTE]

It will take place in its own universe, but after Mighty Morphin'.

"We are very happy to announce that Robert Axelrod has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR!

Robert is a very talented actor and well known voice actor, who has worked on countless television series, animes and video games. He is
also the original voice actor for Lord Zedd (amongst other characters) on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series!

Robert is a big fan of our MMPR trailer and we look forward to working with him."

facebook.com/MMPRfilm

[quote name='AA_Punk']We are very happy to announce that Ron Wasserman has agreed to compose the score for the film, MMPR! [/QUOTE]

[quote name='AA_Punk']"We are very happy to announce that Robert Axelrod has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR![/QUOTE]

Alright, you have my interest. Like others, I'm curious how you're going to get this past Saban, but I'm interested to see how this works out. I've seen every episode of Power Rangers, and...I could really use something to get the taste of Samurai out of my mouth ;)

Semi-related: Ron Wasserman has released a Power Rangers Redux album, with updated versions of several of his tracks from Power Rangers -- I *highly* recommend it. Here's the Bandcamp link, also available on iTunes: http://ronwasserman.bandcamp.com/album/power-rangers-redux

Hey guys, over the next two weeks we will be making some big announcements, including another former cast member who will be involved with MMPR!

Will probably make a post on the facebook tomorrow and post it here.

"If you are a fan of MMPR, you are in for a real treat. Over the next two weeks, our team will be releasing a ton of new information and material regarding our project. We will also announce *CASTING NEWS AND INFORMATION* (something we are constantly asked about) and *ANOTHER FORMER CAST MEMBER* WHO WILL BE A PART OF MMPR! It is someone our fans have asked us about, so we reached out to them and they loved our work! With our announcements of Ron Wasserman and Robert Axelrod, I don’t think we have let our fans down yet when it comes to big names and major surprises!

We will kick this all off on Monday (11/12) by uploading a Behind-the-Scenes video from our teaser trailer shoot. You will be able to see firsthand the hard work that our cast and crew put in to bring to life our version of the evil Lord Zedd!

We are very excited to show you what we are capable of doing, but we do need your help. We have around 40 days left on our indiegogo campaign and we have raised a little over $600. Any donations, no matter how big or small, would go a long way in helping this film get made. The faster we raise the money for our Prologue Episode, the faster we can go and shoot it!"

http://www.indiegogo.com/MMPR - if you guys want to help out.

Told my friend about the project, he works with one of the former composer of the original Power Rangers series and movies.

"The next two weeks will be big ones for the fans of MMPR! We will be announcing *a special contest* for all of our facebook fans,* casting/auditioning information* for our first episode and another *former cast member* who has signed on to ...work on the film!

To start it off, here is a special behind-the-scenes video of our Lord Zedd teaser trailer! Here you will be able to see exactly what went into bringing the Lord Zedd character back to life in this world and the hard work that our cast and crew went through to bring you our trailer. We are very proud of everybody who was involved with this and look forward to getting back on set to bring all of our fans our very first episode!"

facebook.com/MMPRfilm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BlH0JWHU8&feature=plcp

Looks awesome, Power Rangers were a big part of my childhood, especially Lost Galaxy, that show was awesome. I hate to say it, but the new Power Rangers series suck big time compared to the older ones.

Anyway, good luck with your webseries, the teaser looks great. Something I can look forward too.

"Our team is very happy to announce that David J. Fielding has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR!

David is a very talented actor, voice actor and writer, who many Mighty Morphin Power Ranger fans know as the original voice of Zordon, the mentor to the Power Rangers.

We are very excited to be working with David as we move forward with our project!"

So we now have Ron Wasserman, Robert Axelrod (original voice for Lord Zedd) and David Fielding (original voice for Zordon) signed on to work on the film.

bread's done
Back