NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League

OuTrAgE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Please use your team name (ex: Penguins) as your username when signing up at the forum.

This will be the online GM Connected mode.
Rosters will be randomized to promote balance (unless we can figure out a way to hold our draft somewhere, then input them into the league).
All games will be simmed, putting the emphasis on team management.
Hopefully between here and GameTZ we can get a full 30 man league, but we can go with computer controlled teams if need be.

Here's a good article with information on how the game mode works: Link

outrage - Penguins
ClearSights (GTZ) - Flyers
SnorE (CAG) - Sharks
noone13 (CAG) - Oilers
OP_ (CAG) - Blackhawks
hobbes21 (GTZ) - Bruins
Shane12m (GTZ) - Coyotes
Finn (GTZ) - Canadiens
thegutter111 (GTZ) - Canucks
smiggity (CAG) - Red Wings
Azazael13 (CAG) - Avalanche
snakemaster2389 (CAG) - Rangers

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OuTrAgE']This will be the online GM Connected mode.
Rosters will be randomized to promote balance (unless we can figure out a way to hold our draft somewhere, then input them into the league).
All games will be simmed, putting the emphasis on team management.
Hopefully between here and GameTZ we can get a full 30 man league, but we can go with computer controlled teams if need be.

Here's a good article with information on how the game mode works: Link

outrage - Penguins
ClearSights (GTZ) - Flyers
Total members: 2

Available Teams:
Avalanche
Blackhawks
Blue Jackets
Blues
Bruins
Canadiens
Canucks
Capitals
Coyotes
Devils
Ducks
Flames
Hurricanes
Islanders
Jets
Kings
Lightning
Maple Leafs
Oilers
Panthers
Predators
Rangers
Red Wings
Sabres
Senators
Sharks
Stars
Wild[/QUOTE]

you are probably going to have to go with computer controlled teams, the ps3 forum is rarely active

i will play sure there will be a few trophies related to this mode...not sure what team i want...so from my understanding we arent physically gonna play the games they will be simulated?

[quote name='SnorE']i will play sure there will be a few trophies related to this mode...not sure what team i want...so from my understanding we arent physically gonna play the games they will be simulated?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Let me know what team you want.

[quote name='OP_']will this be kind of like a fantasy league? If so I am down put me up for the Blackhawks[/QUOTE]

I guess you can look at it that way. You set your lineup, make trades, etc. You also have coaching options/strategies you can set.

[quote name='smiggity']Simulating it all right away or whats the "schedule"?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not all right away. Not sure the exact schedule, but maybe sim one week every day. It's open for discussion.

whens th date we got to have the game by...just wondering since im still waiting for someone to host my gameshare group

This game is a hot mess. I played one Play Now game (after patching and getting new tuner sets) and I stopped counting problems/glitches after I hit double digits. Definitely the worst release NHL has had in a few years

All for sure fixable, but they usually do a great job off the bat. Mainly collision and skating problems with the new engine. They will get it figured out soon I hope

I'm interested in this. I would play as the ducks. Before I commit though, I'd like a more solid timeline. As I have a busy schedule and wouldn't want to hurt the league if I could only participate part time.

I'm thinking we'll sim 2 week intervals every day.

Since we're simming and not playing, there's not a ton to do. Everybody should be able to check in at least once a day or set their lineup (if it needs changed) and any other team management.

I can be talked into making it 2 weeks every other day if people think that would be more ideal.

Joining another forum is a bit overkill since we have this thread. Just use the OP for updates.

Will we be able to play any of the games if we want? Anyways send the invite, I tried searching for the league but couldnt find it

[quote name='smiggity']Joining another forum is a bit overkill since we have this thread. Just use the OP for updates.

Will we be able to play any of the games if we want? Anyways send the invite, I tried searching for the league but couldnt find it[/QUOTE]

Not everybody is a member here, though. There's not enough people interested to just make it a CAG league, thus a dedicated forum is needed.

You will not be able to play any games, it's sim only. The league isn't up yet (and won't be created until we're full), so you won't be able to find it.

The odds of everyone here signing up for that forum are pretty slim. What are our realistic chances of filling the entire league? It seems far fetched that anyone would want to go with CBJ or some of the other low level teams. Can you do CPU teams?

Also, we should do another one where we play the games too. Maybe like a 24 game season or something. Im sure we would only get ~10 ppl to sign up, but if we split evenly in divisions it should work out

I think having one place where everyone is for communication is crucial. This league is going to require some commitment. If you can't take a few minutes to join a new forum, I'm not sure if this league's right for you.

I think we'll fill the entire league. I have this posted at 3 separate websites, so it's getting a lot of exposure. We can have CPU controlled teams if necessary, but I don't think it will be.

Why is it far-fetched that somebody will want the Blue Jackets? The rosters will be randomized, so they won't be at any disadvantage. I'm sure there's plenty Blue Jacket fans out there.

There's plenty of leagues out there where you play the games, so you could join one of those if you want. Not sure if that' something I want to do.

[quote name='SnorE']signed up over there took less then a minute :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, I changed your username there to "Sharks". You'll need to use that when signing in.

I signed up on the forum as the Ducks. hopefully I'll manage to check it every day.

I am personally in favor of the every other day simming, as that just allows for a bit more time for trades and what not. Maybe switching to once a day after the trade deadline or something, that way I think we can finish season and postseason in under a month.

How does the system handle injuries within the sim time (2 weeks being simmed that we can't touch our team) period? I had the "assistant coach" put Jason Blake (undersized forward with very low def ability) in for Luca Sbisa (top4 defenseman) during an injury in franchise mode :/

[quote name='triplehelix']I signed up on the forum as the Ducks. hopefully I'll manage to check it every day.

I am personally in favor of the every other day simming, as that just allows for a bit more time for trades and what not. Maybe switching to once a day after the trade deadline or something, that way I think we can finish season and postseason in under a month.

How does the system handle injuries within the sim time (2 weeks being simmed that we can't touch our team) period? I had the "assistant coach" put Jason Blake (undersized forward with very low def ability) in for Luca Sbisa (top4 defenseman) during an injury in franchise mode :/[/QUOTE]

Your simming idea is good, I'll definitely consider that.

I'm not exactly sure about injuries, but I'd guess it automatically plugs in guys for you. Probably not very smartly like you said. I don't think there's much we can do about that.

I just checked the other forum and it looks like all teams are full, but if that's not the case or if anyone backs out, I would be interested. Thanks!

[quote name='rupprupp29']I just checked the other forum and it looks like all teams are full, but if that's not the case or if anyone backs out, I would be interested. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we just filled up. It's likely someone will end up dropping out at some point though, so I'll put you down as the first replacement.

bread's done
Back