bluecanvas.com Art of Journey hardcover $60 1st 750 signed by Jenova Chen & Matt Nava

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
"Art of Journey" [hardcover] art book $60
1st 750 copies signed by Jenova Chen & Matt Nava
http://shop.bluecanvas.com/merchandise/journey-art-book

Pre-Order and Get Free Shipping*
The Art of Journey Hardcover Art Book will be available late-September.
*Free shipping applies to lower 48 US states only.

NOTE: Unfortunately, this deal has been live for about 10 hrs already so I really have no idea whether any autographed copies are left to pre-order.

artofjourney1_120x90.png

Found some photos courtesy of Joystiq
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/08/pre-orders-open-for-the-art-of-journey-first-750-copies-signe/

Would of bought one if i knew about it when it first went on sale. I hate you op! Jk, thanks for the heads up. I find this a little too expensive so I'll wait for a price drop.
I am the walrus. Coocoo cachu

I think it's been live for a couple of days, because I heard about it over at neogaf last week. The preorder page should have a note when the first 750 are gone.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I think it's been live for a couple of days, because I heard about it over at neogaf last week. The preorder page should have a note when the first 750 are gone.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they haven't updated it since it's the weekend?

I would love getting a signed one since that would justify the $60 tag... but otherwise, $60 is a lot to spend on a artbook.

I just placed my order for this, as I absolutely loved Journey and have been looking forward to thumbing through the book since it was first announced. However, can anyone (maybe the OP) confirm something for me? Did the book's page on bluecanvas.com ever mention the "first 750 orders get an autographed copy" offer, or did the OP learn of that special offer through other sites? I've already emailed bluecanvas.com to find out if my copy will contain the two autographs or not, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows if they had a mention of the "first 750 orders get an autographed copy" offer and removed it once they received 750 orders, or if they never mentioned that offer on the product's page at all.

[quote name='cbulas1']I just placed my order for this, as I absolutely loved Journey and have been looking forward to thumbing through the book since it was first announced. However, can anyone (maybe the OP) confirm something for me? Did the book's page on bluecanvas.com ever mention the "first 750 orders get an autographed copy" offer, or did the OP learn of that special offer through other sites? I've already emailed bluecanvas.com to find out if my copy will contain the two autographs or not, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows if they had a mention of the "first 750 orders get an autographed copy" offer and removed it once they received 750 orders, or if they never mentioned that offer on the product's page at all.[/QUOTE]

It said it earlier today when I looked at it, so it appears the autographed versions are sold out.

Would have spent $60 for an autographed or numbered copy.. not for just a standard printing.

Looks like I found this too late. Still a nice artbook though

[quote name='bojay1997']It said it earlier today when I looked at it, so it appears the autographed versions are sold out.[/QUOTE]

D'oh. I probably shouldn't have waited...:whistle2:(

Either way, I might still get this but I hate that it's organized like a coffee table (short and deep) book and not like a regular book (tall).

[quote name='bojay1997']It said it earlier today when I looked at it, so it appears the autographed versions are sold out.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Blue Canvas right after postings in this thread, and their Web Director confirmed what you said- they displaying info about the "first 750 to order..." deal on the product page when the book initially went on sale, but they removed the information when they sold 750 copies. He told me that I didn't order soon enough to get a signed copy, but that they're "trying to squeeze out a few extra signed copies for early orders," but he couldn't "guarantee anything."

I'm very disappointed about probably not getting a signed copy, but my love for the game is too high for me to not pay the $60 for the book sans autographs.

[quote name='cbulas1']I'm very disappointed about probably not getting a signed copy, but my love for the game is too high for me to not pay the $60 for the book sans autographs.[/QUOTE]
Good man :applause:

Cecil Kim is CCO of bluecanvas, so ur not only supporting thatgamecompany, ur supporting him, which is important since hes no longer w/ sony and doing god of war stuff.
the primary designers from the 1st 3 GoW games (charlie wen, andy park, and now cecil kim) have all left so it will be interesting to see the art direction the new game takes. i know izzy (came on for GoW3) is still with sony, and they picked up eric ryan to do characters/creatures as well but have no clue is responsible for the environment design art direction. hopefully its someone good, as Cecil's shoes will be extremely hard to fill.

[quote name='cbulas1']I emailed Blue Canvas right after postings in this thread, and their Web Director confirmed what you said- they displaying info about the "first 750 to order..." deal on the product page when the book initially went on sale, but they removed the information when they sold 750 copies. He told me that I didn't order soon enough to get a signed copy, but that they're "trying to squeeze out a few extra signed copies for early orders," but he couldn't "guarantee anything."

I'm very disappointed about probably not getting a signed copy, but my love for the game is too high for me to not pay the $60 for the book sans autographs.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a copy just after they removed the signed copies thing and got a similar response. Here's hoping...

But I was already charged for the item when I placed my order though. I hate when retailers do that.

Dang, $60 bucks? The game itself was only $15 ($30 if you bought the physical version with Flower and fl0w included). Pass, unless there's a huge price drop down the road.

Contacted them and they confirmed I was in the first 750, will be getting a signed copy. Prompt and courteous e-mail too, makes me happy I'm supporting their endeavor.

Has anyone actually received a shipping confirmation or anything? I placed an order long before the item sold out (was told I made it in for the signed copy), and was charged but have yet to receive even a shipping confirmation or order update.

And it's showing up as being sold out right now.:whistle2:/

[quote name='Vinny']Has anyone actually received a shipping confirmation or anything? I placed an order long before the item sold out (was told I made it in for the signed copy), and was charged but have yet to receive even a shipping confirmation or order update.

And it's showing up as being sold out right now.:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Their twitter feed showed Jenova signing them today, so I'm guessing they'll start shipping out next week.

https://twitter.com/BluecanvasInc/status/254385030212763648/photo/1

https://twitter.com/BluecanvasInc/status/254385300774715392

4xGkB.jpg

Ah, that's good then. He's got a long way to go... even a ton more in the back!

But I hope they're not shipping it in those bubble mailers pictured in the background.

[quote name='Vinny']Ah, that's good then. He's got a long way to go... even a ton more in the back!

But I hope they're not shipping it in those bubble mailers pictured in the background.[/QUOTE]

When did you order yours, date/time?

And you're right about the bubble mailers. Nolan shipped his Uncharted art guide in those, they were signed 1/500. Most were damaged in transit.

[quote name='Vinny']Ah, that's good then. He's got a long way to go... even a ton more in the back!

But I hope they're not shipping it in those bubble mailers pictured in the background.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any bubble mailers, just bubble wrap. Which I'm sure they'll wrap the book in before placing inside of a box.

[quote name='Romeo']When did you order yours, date/time?

And you're right about the bubble mailers. Nolan shipped his Uncharted art guide in those, they were signed 1/500. Most were damaged in transit.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it on the early on the 9th. I remember seeing the signed copy note but wasn't sure so I just asked.

And yeah, the Uncharted books really pissed me off. Mine looks so bad...

[quote name='Mixer236']I don't see any bubble mailers, just bubble wrap. Which I'm sure they'll wrap the book in before placing inside of a box.[/QUOTE]

No, I was talking about way in the back, on the table... but it looks like those are more copies of the book, and not bubble mailers.:whistle2:S Actually, with all that bubble wrap lying around, you're right, it would probably be a box. Or if not a box, hopefully they get bubblewrapped and then stuck in a bubble mailer for more protection.

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered it on the early on the 9th. I remember seeing the signed copy note but wasn't sure so I just asked.

And yeah, the Uncharted books really pissed me off. Mine looks so bad...

[/QUOTE]

I ordered late on the 8th. Good to know I got a real copy and not an unsigned one. If I did I was going to return it.

How bad was your Nolan book? I have one or two small dings, nothing crazy, surprisingly. What number did ya get?

Just wanted to note, reported a scammer on ebay who is trying to sell this for $300. Claims "sold out in minutes" and that they have a signed copy. I find it funny since THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHIP YET.

[quote name='Romeo']I ordered late on the 8th. Good to know I got a real copy and not an unsigned one. If I did I was going to return it.

How bad was your Nolan book? I have one or two small dings, nothing crazy, surprisingly. What number did ya get?[/QUOTE]

There's dents/dings around all the edges and corners. It made a pretty long trip from CA (I think?) to IL so it got beaten up quite a bit. I'm still pretty peeved that something so rare/limited was shipped so carelessly. I got #340 or something, nothing special.

People who ordered two copies had their second copy shipped in a box apparently, but that was after a month or so of waiting (since many of those who ordered 2 copies only received 1 or didn't receive anything).

Hm... my tracking number isn't even showing anything.:whistle2:\

But they ship from CA, right? So it's a longer way here. Did they ship using media mail or something else?

[quote name='punkmaggit']Got mine yesterday - this thing is gorgeous! And it was packed really well.[/QUOTE]

Are you able to post any pictures? Based on tracking info, it looks like mine will arrive either today or tomorrow, but the anticipation is killing me.

[quote name='SteveGo']Are you able to post any pictures? Based on tracking info, it looks like mine will arrive either today or tomorrow, but the anticipation is killing me.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any update past LA?

[quote name='SteveGo']Are you able to post any pictures? Based on tracking info, it looks like mine will arrive either today or tomorrow, but the anticipation is killing me.[/QUOTE]

I'm at work, but I'll try and post some tonight.

[quote name='Romeo']Do you have any update past LA?[/QUOTE]

Actually I just checked now and it's here in Tucson and says "Sorting Complete." So I'm thinking it may be there when I get home from work today.

[quote name='SteveGo']Actually I just checked now and it's here in Tucson and says "Sorting Complete." So I'm thinking it may be there when I get home from work today.[/QUOTE]

That means that they just finished sorting through the book to see which pictures they liked best.

I got my signed copy today: it was doubled over in bubble wrap and in great condition. This is a really great art book, definitely one of the pricier ones I've purchased but it's very well put together with lots of great images. I actually had to come on here to recall who exactly was signing this, their sigs are pretty much squiggles on my copy.

Got mine, was surpirsed to see a voucher for the soundtrack, that means I'll have two digital copies, and a physical copy soon. Other than that, I have it in the package, gonna order a second one.

[quote name='Romeo']Just wanted to note, reported a scammer on ebay who is trying to sell this for $300. Claims "sold out in minutes" and that they have a signed copy. I find it funny since THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHIP YET.[/QUOTE]

This isn't necessarily a scammer. I also owned one on this same date, because they were selling the book at the IndieCade festival in LA. I bought one, and had it signed on October 6th.

There are other ways to get products sometimes besides just having them shipped.

I got my "shipping" info on the 8th but it just entered into the CA sorting facility yesterday... and I won't get it until Monday.

I get that this is a small company, but I fucking hate it when companies print the label and tell you your item has shipped, when it reality, they won't physically send it out for a few days.

[quote name='Vinny']I got my "shipping" info on the 8th but it just entered into the CA sorting facility yesterday... and I won't get it until Monday.

I get that this is a small company, but I fucking hate it when companies print the label and tell you your item has shipped, when it reality, they won't physically send it out for a few days.[/QUOTE]

That's what's happening to me. I loathe it too. Bought something on eBay a few weeks back and was told it would ship the same day. I even got the email confirmation that it shipped. A week goes by and I'm calling my PO asking where the package is (it was sent priority just like the Journey book). They told me the guy never sent it until two days after he printed the label.

I checked the tracking this morning and it showed out for delivery. Currently I'm playing Dishonored when outside I hear a loud thud. My first reaction was "what the F was that?!". Then I said out loud "the Journey book!"l half in excitement and half in anger. The postman literally threw the box 20 feet onto my porch from the sidewalk.

Thankfully the book is padded over several times inside and is completely unscathed. Two names are signed inside. I did think though that these were supposed to be individually numbered. Was I incorrect?

Also, to anyone who owns Journey on disc, does the compilation come with codes for each game separately? I own Flower but not flow or Journey. Since I own one of the games I've avoided buying the compilation, but would love to own Journey on disc to complement the book.

mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Very nice book, although some of the pages are somewhat bland, but overall, where there is art on the page, it is very nice stuff.

Like someone else said,the signatures are more scribble than anything else, and I was hoping it would be numbered like "000 out of 750."

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. Now to sit down and play the game :p

I thought they might be numbered a well, but not a big deal. Great packaging too. Got mine today and never even got a shipping email!

That kinda sucks... not a huge deal, but I would have liked to have them numbered (in case I get a cool number like #1, #750, 123, etc).

So does anyone want to trade me your signed copy for an unsigned copy? Name the price you want from me over the $60 I already spent for my unsigned copy!

[quote name='cbulas1']So does anyone want to trade me your signed copy for an unsigned copy? Name the price you want from me over the $60 I already spent for my unsigned copy![/QUOTE]

Nevermind- my book arrived today and it is a signed copy, even though the Blue Canvas rep told me that I did not order in time to receive a signed one. SO excited- what a great surprise!

Is anyone else having this same experience?

bread's done
Back