- - - - -

bluecanvas.com Art of Journey hardcover $60 1st 750 signed by Jenova Chen & Matt Nava

#31 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Got mine yesterday - this thing is gorgeous! And it was packed really well.

Are you able to post any pictures? Based on tracking info, it looks like mine will arrive either today or tomorrow, but the anticipation is killing me.

#32 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Are you able to post any pictures? Based on tracking info, it looks like mine will arrive either today or tomorrow, but the anticipation is killing me.

Do you have any update past LA?

#33 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm at work, but I'll try and post some tonight.

#34 hecaitomix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

i got most video game related art books, and i missed this (the signed ones), anyone want to sell? :D

i'll just wait for restock i guess.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#35 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Do you have any update past LA?

Actually I just checked now and it's here in Tucson and says "Sorting Complete." So I'm thinking it may be there when I get home from work today.

#36 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

This is available to order on Amazon now

#37 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

got my signed copy yesterday. beautiful collector's item

#38 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Actually I just checked now and it's here in Tucson and says "Sorting Complete." So I'm thinking it may be there when I get home from work today.

That means that they just finished sorting through the book to see which pictures they liked best.

I got my signed copy today: it was doubled over in bubble wrap and in great condition. This is a really great art book, definitely one of the pricier ones I've purchased but it's very well put together with lots of great images. I actually had to come on here to recall who exactly was signing this, their sigs are pretty much squiggles on my copy.

#39 jwk94   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Got mine, was surpirsed to see a voucher for the soundtrack, that means I'll have two digital copies, and a physical copy soon. Other than that, I have it in the package, gonna order a second one.

#40 Fodder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Just wanted to note, reported a scammer on ebay who is trying to sell this for $300. Claims "sold out in minutes" and that they have a signed copy. I find it funny since THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHIP YET.

This isn't necessarily a scammer. I also owned one on this same date, because they were selling the book at the IndieCade festival in LA. I bought one, and had it signed on October 6th.

There are other ways to get products sometimes besides just having them shipped.

#41 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I got my "shipping" info on the 8th but it just entered into the CA sorting facility yesterday... and I won't get it until Monday.

I get that this is a small company, but I fucking hate it when companies print the label and tell you your item has shipped, when it reality, they won't physically send it out for a few days.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#42 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I got my "shipping" info on the 8th but it just entered into the CA sorting facility yesterday... and I won't get it until Monday.

I get that this is a small company, but I fucking hate it when companies print the label and tell you your item has shipped, when it reality, they won't physically send it out for a few days.

That's what's happening to me. I loathe it too. Bought something on eBay a few weeks back and was told it would ship the same day. I even got the email confirmation that it shipped. A week goes by and I'm calling my PO asking where the package is (it was sent priority just like the Journey book). They told me the guy never sent it until two days after he printed the label.

#43 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I checked the tracking this morning and it showed out for delivery. Currently I'm playing Dishonored when outside I hear a loud thud. My first reaction was "what the F was that?!". Then I said out loud "the Journey book!"l half in excitement and half in anger. The postman literally threw the box 20 feet onto my porch from the sidewalk.

Thankfully the book is padded over several times inside and is completely unscathed. Two names are signed inside. I did think though that these were supposed to be individually numbered. Was I incorrect?

Also, to anyone who owns Journey on disc, does the compilation come with codes for each game separately? I own Flower but not flow or Journey. Since I own one of the games I've avoided buying the compilation, but would love to own Journey on disc to complement the book.

#44 SteveGo   What's my name? CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

mine was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Very nice book, although some of the pages are somewhat bland, but overall, where there is art on the page, it is very nice stuff.

Like someone else said,the signatures are more scribble than anything else, and I was hoping it would be numbered like "000 out of 750."

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. Now to sit down and play the game :P

#45 Trace17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I thought they might be numbered a well, but not a big deal. Great packaging too. Got mine today and never even got a shipping email!

#46 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

That kinda sucks... not a huge deal, but I would have liked to have them numbered (in case I get a cool number like #1, #750, 123, etc).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#47 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

So does anyone want to trade me your signed copy for an unsigned copy? Name the price you want from me over the $60 I already spent for my unsigned copy!

#48 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

So does anyone want to trade me your signed copy for an unsigned copy? Name the price you want from me over the $60 I already spent for my unsigned copy!

Nevermind- my book arrived today and it is a signed copy, even though the Blue Canvas rep told me that I did not order in time to receive a signed one. SO excited- what a great surprise!

Is anyone else having this same experience?

#49 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

This is currently on sale for 20% off ($48) if you buy it from Amazon. It's unsigned version, obviously.
http://www.amazon.co...generic&sr=1-16

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#50 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Fantastic book, so much material inside, and a soundtrack by DLC code is included.

Pricing though is unrealistic... $60 for an art book is way too much. Even $48 is nuts when other art books of the same size are $20.

#51 Diad   Only a flesh wound... CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Damn missed the signed versions >_<

*edit OMG i just saw how old this thread was XD

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#52 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5164 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

This is currently on sale for 20% off ($48) if you buy it from Amazon. It's unsigned version, obviously.
http://www.amazon.co...generic&sr=1-16

Fantastic book, so much material inside, and a soundtrack by DLC code is included.

Pricing though is unrealistic... $60 for an art book is way too much. Even $48 is nuts when other art books of the same size are $20.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm trying to save up for the ~$32 Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 artbooks and that's been a struggle.

$12 less for unsigned versions is kind of high, even for a hardback. (LOL, the signatures are only worth $12 if you look at it in another way.) $29.99-$39.99 seems more reasonable.

Kind of wish there was a paperback version that was cheaper. I guess $50 would work if it was signed and paperback.