CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
iconps3.gif
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Limited Edition $21.58

• Bonus items for limited edition include CD soundtrack, Calendar and Artbook

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, been wanting to get a BlazBlue game for quite some time, & now seems to be a great time, especially for the LE. A shame the calendar is most likely pointless by now. Props for the info.

Wow, great price. Still want that 360 version so I can use my fightstick though.

[quote name='CaoPi']Aren't we getting an updated new one soon? Typical Capcom tactics, oh wait....[/QUOTE]

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma? Yeah, it had a small playtest in Japan already too. Not sure when they're putting it out for retail though.

[quote name='CaoPi']Aren't we getting an updated new one soon? Typical Capcom tactics, oh wait....[/QUOTE]

I should start a count for every time I've had to clarify this on CAG. Chrono Phantasma is slated for a Q4 2012 release date in Japanese Arcades. Some time after that, Japan will get a console release date. And some time after that, the U.S. will get a console release date. If you've been waiting to play a Blazblue game this long, Extend is the perfect place to jump in. It has a short version of Calamity Trigger's story mode, and Continuum Shift's story in its entirety (plus some extras). Not to mention the variety of different modes, including a Tutorial Mode to learn the basics and a Challenge Mode to learn some basic combos in.

If you're looking for a good deal on the standard editions, Newegg has both the 360 and PS3 versions for $16.99.

Is Amazon still shipping boxed limited edition in padded envelopes? I've been hearing for the past year that a lot of people's packages have gotten crushed because of this. It's tempting but I'll probably pass if this is still true.

Just a warning i ordered this several weeks ago when it was about $30 bucks and it arrived with the cover completely caved in. This was pulled a while ago because they were shipping out a bunch in padded envelopes i think and I'm guessing they have a lot of those crushed copies that theyre trying to pawn off now DemiFiendRSA's comment is a real concern. My copy actually came in a small box, but ive been getting LE's from them in envelopes regularly

I put in for a replacement hopefully that one comes in ok

^_^x KD

Koei fans don't have the right to knock capcom "tactics". Lol! That's coming from a fan of both.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Just a warning i ordered this several weeks ago when it was about $30 bucks and it arrived with the cover completely caved in. This was pulled a while ago because they were shipping out a bunch in padded envelopes i think and I'm guessing they have a lot of those crushed copies that theyre trying to pawn off now DemiFiendRSA's comment is a real concern. My copy actually came in a small box, but ive been getting LE's from them in envelopes regularly[/QUOTE]

I got mine that I ordered when this thread was posted and the front of the box is bowed inwards a bit on the right side. However, this seems to be moreso the weak cardboard and shrinkwrapping doing that, not any packaging by Amazon based on how this looks and other games I've seen that weren't shipped like this. I got mine in a box too.

[quote name='DemiFiendRSA']Is Amazon still shipping boxed limited edition in padded envelopes? I've been hearing for the past year that a lot of people's packages have gotten crushed because of this. It's tempting but I'll probably pass if this is still true.[/QUOTE]

Games are pretty randomly packaged, my last order (ico collection) came in a box suprisingly. Other than that, they've been padded envelopes....

The shipping problems were what people had back when they preordered around the $40 price range. It's not so much a problem of Amazon's packaging, but of Aksys' box itself; most of the contents in the box are too small for it, so there's a lot of extra space that when shipped, gets easily crushed.

Hence, I would advise from ordering from AWD unless you are perfectly fine with crushed box returns.

I have a standard version of Continuum Shift in my backlog. I might consider this slightly better version just because it is a limited edition. Thanks for posting.

Did it just drop $1.31 within a day? Weird, but not a big enough price drop to be bothered over. Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow.

Man, I bought this for full price at launch.
"Limited Edition" my ass! :lol:

Great price for a great game for anyone who doesn't already have it though.

[quote name='Zonic505']Did it just drop $1.31 within a day? Weird, but not a big enough price drop to be bothered over. Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Don't have your hopes to high with the condition of the outer box. Very poor design.

I got the region 2 version of the LE on Zavii for about 23 blades since it has a lot better extras.

They are hard to find now but here are the extras:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140789876116?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I just love BB.

Got my copy today. Aside from some very minor dents on the LE box, it arrived just fine. Though kind of disappointed the OST came in those standard paper cases.....let alone any kind of track listing.

Got mine today and showed up perfect. The box had no crushed in parts like others reported. Hope other CAGs get theirs in this condition.

bread's done
Back