Free Plants vs. Zombies for PC/Mac for Halloween (Oct. 30-Nov. 10)

[quote name='TooPoor']Wait...so I can give this out instead of candy...?[/QUOTE]

Well I would give them out in addition to something only because if you have multiple people doing it, a stack of coupon codes for the same game will do the kids no good.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well I would give them out in addition to something only because if you have multiple people doing it, a stack of coupon codes for the same game will do the kids no good.[/QUOTE]

they can resell on ebay. :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Wait...so I can give this out instead of candy...?[/QUOTE]

Enjoy flaming bags on poop on your doorstep.

I used to egg or tp houses that didn't give me candy on Halloween, but that was ages ago, so maybe kids nowadays have become more civilized since then.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well I would give them out in addition to something only because if you have multiple people doing it, a stack of coupon codes for the same game will do the kids no good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Enjoy flaming bags on poop on your doorstep.[/QUOTE]
Relax guys...I was just joking...
I do think some of the kids in my neighborhood could use some less sugar though. But hey, not my problem, take the candy if your parents allows it;)

[quote name='Squarehard']I used to egg or tp houses that didn't give me candy on Halloween, but that was ages ago, so maybe kids nowadays have become more civilized since then.[/QUOTE]

Sure, and honey boo boo is grade A high quality television. :lol:

A campaign against candy on Halloween? Seriously? Is the idea here to teach children that it's never, ever okay to indulge in things that are bad for them so that they grow up repressed and maladjusted but with good teeth?

This is a very cool promotion, but there should be a better effort to teach kids about moderate consumption of candy and other junk foods throughout the year, especially since most things we eat are laced with HFCS.

Ironically, most kids out on halloween will be subject to Zombiemouth at some point when their baby teeth start falling out. Why not sugar it up while waiting for the respawn?

"Uh oh, you lost another tooth? Looks like the Halloween Zombie got you again!"

There are really people who are bashing this idea? Are you kidding me? This seems cool. There's no heavy-handed "OH MY GOD CANDY IS HORRIBLE FOR YOU AND WILL ROT ALL YOUR TEETH IF YOU EVEN CONSUME ONE PIECE" propaganda anywhere on that site. No b.s. "facts" or links to learn more or any of that nonsense.

If people actually came around trick or treating where I live (which is pretty uncommon in densely populated urban areas) I would totally attach these to candy I'd hand out.

It seems that the code can be used multiple times, at least that's what I understand when the only code showing up on the page is this one ;)

PEAH8R

This seems pretty cool, but I have a feeling it will turn out to be another EA ploy to get more people to install Origin on their systems. I guess we'll find out on October 30th.

[quote name='Squarehard']I used to egg or tp houses that didn't give me candy on Halloween, but that was ages ago, so maybe kids nowadays have become more civilized since then.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. You'll probably now get shot if you don't give out candy.

[quote name='11440']A campaign against candy on Halloween? Seriously? Is the idea here to teach children that it's never, ever okay to indulge in things that are bad for them so that they grow up repressed and maladjusted but with good teeth?[/QUOTE]

I'd rather the future generation be trained to fight zombies with plants then eat all my candy.

Very cool idea... and it's just the ADA doing it's thing. No reason to hate on the idea.

Honestly though, I'll be handing these out with some candy. ;)

[quote name='abhinav']I'd rather the future generation be trained to fight zombies with plants then eat all my candy.[/QUOTE]
If they play enough video games, they will be trained to fight zombies.
Find gun on ground, touch ammo lying on ground, shoot.

[quote name='Samuelc79']I thought PEAH8R was a weird code.. Pea Hater?[/QUOTE]

Lol...actually makes sense. One of the main plants in the game is the pea shooter, so a zombie would obviously be a pea hater.

This is awesome! Thank you very much for posting this original poster!

I might actually give these out on Halloween because I'm not sure if I'll have enough money after bills, to give out more than a piece of candy. I might also give them to friends as well.

I hope there will be enough to go around. I really don't want to give a code to someone and they find out that the number of eligible redemption has exceeded/expired.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']There are really people who are bashing this idea? Are you kidding me? This seems cool. There's no heavy-handed "OH MY GOD CANDY IS HORRIBLE FOR YOU AND WILL ROT ALL YOUR TEETH IF YOU EVEN CONSUME ONE PIECE" propaganda anywhere on that site. No b.s. "facts" or links to learn more or any of that nonsense.

If people actually came around trick or treating where I live (which is pretty uncommon in densely populated urban areas) I would totally attach these to candy I'd hand out.[/QUOTE]

The very first sentence in the program description says that the idea is to hand these cards out INSTEAD OF candy, not along with it. If you're administering this program as designed, trick-or-treaters are supposed to walk away from your porch with nothing but a piece of paper. How is using disappointment to teach a lesson that candy is evil not heavy-handed?

Where I live, I never get kids on Halloween. Just kinda a fluke of my neighborhood's geography, I guess. My apartment building is located in what is predominantly a commercial zone and you need to go about 500 yards out in all directions to find areas with houses. So kids don't bother coming here. Too much walking to get here just to visit a couple of apartments.

So in terms of giving these out to the kiddies, this has no value to me. I might use the code to try and grab a copy for myself though. I already own it through Steam, but I wouldn't mind having it on Origin (or a DRM free copy, if we're lucky enough to have it turn out to be DRM-free).

Thanks for the head's up OP.

I ordered this. Its free but like 12 dollars shipping. :(

http://catalog.ada.org/productcatalog/1913/Activity-Coloring-Books/Stop-Zombie-Mouth-Kit/Z101

I'm going to throw them in with candy. I don't get many trick or treaters, less than 10 the past two years. Which is weird because I live across from a school but guess kids don't trick or treat like they used to. I'm the full size candy bar guy and I usually give two of those to each kid. I will probably give the left over cards to coworkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I ordered this. Its free but like 12 dollars shipping. :(

http://catalog.ada.org/productcatalog/1913/Activity-Coloring-Books/Stop-Zombie-Mouth-Kit/Z101

I'm going to throw them in with candy. I don't get many trick or treaters, less than 10 the past two years. Which is weird because I live across from a school but guess kids don't trick or treat like the used to. I'm the full size candy bar guy and I usually give two of those to each kid. I will probably give the left over cards to coworkers.[/QUOTE]

Actually, for 50 packs thats really not a bad deal! I was in with the rest of the people thinking that I will give the print out with candy, but this is a good little set to give out alone or with other things (pencil, stickers, etc).

I remember my son got a book instead of candy from one house and he loved it, and considering that I'm sure not everyone is going to be handing these out, its a good change up.

It says download "a" free P vs. Z game. Does that mean it's not the full retail version and probably a watered down version or demo? Or am I reading too much into it?

bread's done
Back