Walmrt Anniversary flyer

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
picture.php

Starts tomorrow in Quebec (12th) Friday in Ontario.

http://flyers.walmart.ca/flyers/wal.../walmartcanada-groceryflyer?flyer_run_id=2796

Great. I'm trying to sell my copy of Max Payne 3 on Kijiji. :mad:

Good price on the 3DS...

Does anyone know if those Blackberry tablets are any good? I was considering getting one for my girlfriend, for browsing, email, etc.

^ I don't like the playbook that much tbh. I use my sister's to read comics but it isn't that fast but I'm not sure if it's the same model (if there's more than one model).

I might pick up that Samsung Galaxy Ace for my dad, if he doesn't want it I might keep it as a spare phone. Only if it takes SIM cards though, which I think it does.

The playbook's are good. the downside is it's not Android, I suppose you can likely root/hack it to android though.

But for a media player email checker/web browser it should be fine.

Playbooks can plan Android apps. And there are way my PB apps than there is for BB phones. My buddy never touches his iPad, becase he likes his PB so much... and he has an iPhone so it isn't like he is just an apple hater.

I'm surprised that so many people think that some of these offers are great. They are not and have been at these prices(or cheaper) at other places.

Call of Duty MW3 has been as low as $14.99 used at FS(USE the click coupon) as you don't need ANY online pass, this price at wALMART is not hot.

Nin 3ds was at $120.00(or less I think) at SEARS. Bought mine 3 weeks ago at $120.00.

ps3 system bundle has been at $199.00 for 160gb during boxing day last year and wasn't there the 320gb mw3 bundle at that price few months ago?

sony dvd player was close to same price during xmas/bx

Bluray players clearance at SEARS for $79.00 and better models.It's a basic Bluray model from what I see in the ad.

Dvds are hit and miss(Thor was $5.00 last year so was clash of the titans), blurays have been $10.00-$15.00 before AT WALMART.

Things I think are good deals.

Skylanders(knew the price would drop by the end of this year,lol)
Boderlands 2(get borderlands 1 free, although you can get B1 for $9.99 at some places which would make it $49.99 for B2)
RCA 32 tv(basic led tv 720p but better than paying $100.00 more for roughly the same model buy another company at FS)
Nikon d3000 but it's a serously outdated camera, although for those Nikon fans out there..............
Playbook 32gb(cheapest NEW price I've ever seen, you could have gotten an open box 32gb for $120.00 months ago but some people don't like "used" items)

WARM PRICES

Max Payne($14.99 used if you don't need the online pass, is there one? Didn't like the other games so didn't buy this one)
xbox bundle.(Sears has some xbox bundles before I think the same bundle was clearanced at $199.00. Also xmas/bx had a bunch of these bundles for $199.00 as well.)

I only have one problem getting used games at Future Shop I can't see the disk condition before buying. For $5 extra, I'll buy new.

Don't forget Walmart has a online store now. No need to actually go to Walmart :)

[quote name='dvdswapper']
Call of Duty MW3 has been as low as $14.99 used at FS(USE the click coupon) as you don't need ANY online pass, this price at wALMART is not hot.[/QUOTE]

It is.

[quote name='dvdswapper']I'm surprised that so many people think that some of these offers are great. They are not and have been at these prices(or cheaper) at other places.

Call of Duty MW3 has been as low as $14.99 used at FS(USE the click coupon) as you don't need ANY online pass, this price at wALMART is not hot.

Nin 3ds was at $120.00(or less I think) at SEARS. Bought mine 3 weeks ago at $120.00.

ps3 system bundle has been at $199.00 for 160gb during boxing day last year and wasn't there the 320gb mw3 bundle at that price few months ago?

Bluray players clearance at SEARS for $79.00 and better models.It's a basic Bluray model from what I see in the ad.

Dvds are hit and miss(Thor was $5.00 last year so was clash of the titans), blurays have been $10.00-$15.00 before AT WALMART.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. You may not consider them to be amazing deals, but they are still pretty good deals.

I mean, nobody out there is offering the entire Uncharted trilogy with a 160gb PS3 for $199. The cheapest I've seen the PS3 go is the Uncharted 3 320GB PS3 last boxing day at sears for $150.

This is still a pretty solid deal for newcomers to PS3, they can enjoy the entire uncharted trilogy in one go.

Then theres the 3DS for $120. I bought mine during the HMV clearance at $118, (would have been $98 but Nintendo never replied back to my Mail in Rebate coupon) which is one of the lowest prices it can go. Maybe you can PM to take it lower, but the only thing that would have beaten that is doing the 5 trade ins for for the XL 2 weeks ago.

And honestly, I preferrably like to purchase all of my video games new, so I would pay the extra $5 for MW3 to buy it new rather than used. Others may agree, so MW3 for $20 new is a great deal.

The point is, they may not be amazing deals, but the gaming deals are certainly great for anyone looking to snatch anything they are interested in.

I wouldn't really buy the OG 3DS at any price at this point. The XL is such an upgrade in terms of comfort, sturdier buttons and all around better build. If you're waiting to buy one, I'd say just wait for the holidays and hopefully the XL will have a few decent deals for the $150ish range.

[quote name='saikisen']I disagree. You may not consider them to be amazing deals, but they are still pretty good deals.

I mean, nobody out there is offering the entire Uncharted trilogy with a 160gb PS3 for $199. The cheapest I've seen the PS3 go is the Uncharted 3 320GB PS3 last boxing day at sears for $150.

This is still a pretty solid deal for newcomers to PS3, they can enjoy the entire uncharted trilogy in one go.

Then theres the 3DS for $120. I bought mine during the HMV clearance at $118, (would have been $98 but Nintendo never replied back to my Mail in Rebate coupon) which is one of the lowest prices it can go. Maybe you can PM to take it lower, but the only thing that would have beaten that is doing the 5 trade ins for for the XL 2 weeks ago.

And honestly, I preferrably like to purchase all of my video games new, so I would pay the extra $5 for MW3 to buy it new rather than used. Others may agree, so MW3 for $20 new is a great deal.

The point is, they may not be amazing deals, but the gaming deals are certainly great for anyone looking to snatch anything they are interested in.[/QUOTE]

I disgree with you on all points and you should know better because you on a site with access to tons of deals.:lol:

Uncharted 1+2 bundle has been on sale many times for $19.99 or less. Uc2 goy is $9.99 at The Source. It's been $14.97 at FS also new.

Just because it comes with these games doesn't mean anything as at best that's only a messly $20.00 off. This system is only 160gb as well far under the 320gb mentioned before. Then there's the system you mentioned add $20.00 for the two older games and that's $179.99, still cheaper than tommorrow's deal.

There's has been LOTS of NEW 3DS at SEARS on sale for weeks, did you not notice the thread a few down from this one. I bought mine three weeks ago at Eaton Center for $120.00 and they had 15 at that time. No one bought until they hit $100.00. So no that's not a deal what Walmart is offering.

I don't know why people insist on buying new games but that's your choice, I choose to buy used if it's a better deal. Why waste $5.00 for nothing? I got a family to support and can't afford to waste money for no reason. Companies don't like it when you buy used or at discounted prices either, how do you think companies feel when you buy games for $1.00 from Walmart?

These are hardly good deals as like I've mentioned before they have either been cheaper or at this price recently(not years ago) and again you got this forum and you're probably on others as well or lurking so you should know what is a good deal by now.:bouncy:

There is a BIG divide between a super hot deal (like a $100 3DS), and a crappy deal (like a new release game for $54.99).

These fall in between, skewing more towards the hot side. They're not ZOMG I MUST LINE UP AT THREE AM hot, but they're by no means bad deals either.

And not everyone has access to The Source and Sears. For example, the closest Sears to me is, if I'm not mistaken, the very one you bought your 3DS at , the Eaton Centre. Which is a near two hour trip away.

And as for your "how do you think companies feel when you buy games for $1 at Wal-Mart" remark, they don't care one single tiny bit. They've long since been paid for those copies. It's a commonly held and very very inaccurate belief that distributors supply games to retailers on consignment. They do not. They are paid for up front. In other words, every single copy of a game you see in a store? The company's already got their money for it. If Wal-Mart chooses to unload it for $1, THEY are losing money. But they'll make it back with all the other stuff you'll probably end up buying coming in to the store for cheap games.

I don't know why people insist on buying new games
[/QUOTE]

Because they have principles.

These deals are good. saikisen hit the nail on the head.

[quote name='dotCody']$20 for a 3 year old game ain't very hot.[/QUOTE]

Oh.

Ha...

[quote name='dvdswapper']I'm surprised that so many people think that some of these offers are great. [/QUOTE]

I bought my 3DS on launch day. ANY OTHER PRICE is a great offer. :lol:

[quote name='djsaiyan']And not everyone has access to The Source and Sears. For example, the closest Sears to me is, if I'm not mistaken, the very one you bought your 3DS at , the Eaton Centre. Which is a near two hour trip away.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that if you live in a city like Vancouver with the minimal amount of stores and so many hoarders, everything gets snatched up day 1 unless you have so much free time. I like it when stores with more stock have things available for about the same price as those crazy deals, since I can probably actually get my hands on it.

Also I prefer to buy new unless the used game is super cheap, I would gladly pay $5-10 more for a new copy.

[quote name='djsaiyan']There is a BIG divide between a super hot deal (like a $100 3DS), and a crappy deal (like a new release game for $54.99).

These fall in between, skewing more towards the hot side. They're not ZOMG I MUST LINE UP AT THREE AM hot, but they're by no means bad deals either.

And not everyone has access to The Source and Sears. For example, the closest Sears to me is, if I'm not mistaken, the very one you bought your 3DS at , the Eaton Centre. Which is a near two hour trip away.

And as for your "how do you think companies feel when you buy games for $1 at Wal-Mart" remark, they don't care one single tiny bit. They've long since been paid for those copies. It's a commonly held and very very inaccurate belief that distributors supply games to retailers on consignment. They do not. They are paid for up front. In other words, every single copy of a game you see in a store? The company's already got their money for it. If Wal-Mart chooses to unload it for $1, THEY are losing money. But they'll make it back with all the other stuff you'll probably end up buying coming in to the store for cheap games.[/QUOTE]

Thought you lived in Toronto? Why does it take you 2 hours travel time to Eatons? Even my cousins who live in Agincourt take less than 2 hours to go to Eaton center. Even my uncle who lives by Square 1 takes less than 2 hours to get to downtown.

You have MULTIPLE stores in Toronto for THE SOURCE and a few Sears stores so you really don't have any excuses for not being able to find one. Just makes no sense. Someone in Sudbury has an excuse but not you.

Never said these were bad deals(seriously do you guys even read my posts) I just said they are regular sale prices, not good, not great. Nothing worth lining up for a hour to cash out for.

So many people ragging on buying used copies but when FS had them for cheap the same people were buying tons of copies?:roll:

Guess your principles goes out the door when there's a profit to be made huh? Not to mention re-read what the other person wrote above, so where does principle fit in to that equation? So I have to fork over another $5.00 from my pocket so companies like Activison who've already sold over 1 billion copies of a game can make even more money? Yea that makes sense. Why are you even here looking to buy games for cheap or trade in cheap games that rip companies like FS off?

I've bought 20 used games within the last few months. Keeping the argument that it's only $5.00 off that I am saving, that's $100.00 from my pocket that could have gone for something I need for my kids. Guess you don't have any huh? I can't throw money around like you, great for you but MOST people can't.

Anyways that's enough arguing, go waste your money,lol.
I've proved my point that some items have been either at these prices before or cheaper at another time which is the point of the forum, to save money. It's called Cheapassgamers not Cheapassmoralgamers. Whether you have the stores in your area or not isn't relevent because most people that are on this site don't live in small towns, miles away from any store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see it either. These deals just look like a typical Walmart flyer. The original 3ds has been around this price multiple times this year. Hell, Walmart had a deal earlier in the year that coincided with Nintendo's $20 rebate resulting in a $100 3DS. Uncharted is bargain bin cheap everywhere and Max Payne 3 was $20 a few weeks ago.

[quote name='dvdswapper']I'm surprised that so many people think that some of these offers are great. They are not and have been at these prices(or cheaper) at other places.

Things I think are good deals.

Skylanders(knew the price would drop by the end of this year,lol)
Boderlands 2(get borderlands 1 free, although you can get B1 for $9.99 at some places which would make it $49.99 for B2)
RCA 32 tv(basic led tv 720p but better than paying $100.00 more for roughly the same model buy another company at FS)
Nikon d3000 but it's a serously outdated camera, although for those Nikon fans out there..............
Playbook 32gb(cheapest NEW price I've ever seen, you could have gotten an open box 32gb for $120.00 months ago but some people don't like "used" items)

WARM PRICES

Max Payne($14.99 used if you don't need the online pass, is there one? Didn't like the other games so didn't buy this one)
xbox bundle.(Sears has some xbox bundles before I think the same bundle was clearanced at $199.00. Also xmas/bx had a bunch of these bundles for $199.00 as well.)[/QUOTE]

MW3 is a great deal for people who don't want a used copy. Plus if you price match it at Best Buy you'll end up getting MW3 for 14.90 (before tax) so it ends up being cheaper than that used copy.

[quote name='dvdswapper'](seriously do you guys even read my posts)[/QUOTE]

Yes, and nitpicking every price smells of thread crapping. How do you expect people to reply?

And seriously, you bring up YMMV Sears clearances...?

[quote name='Icetron']Not to mention that if you live in a city like Vancouver with the minimal amount of stores and so many hoarders, everything gets snatched up day 1 unless you have so much free time.[/QUOTE]
That's just awful man, that sucks.

[quote name='Icetron']Also I prefer to buy new unless the used game is super cheap, I would gladly pay $5-10 more for a new copy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'll only buy used games when I can save 75% or more from the price of the new game.

that's $100.00 from my pocket that could have gone for something I need for my kids. I can't throw money around like you, great for you but MOST people can't.[/QUOTE]
Okay, let's be honest. If you're trying that hard to save money, you wouldn't have bought 20 games in the past few months. It's your perogative to buy used, but you don't have to be patronizing about it.

Anyways that's enough arguing, go waste your money,lol.
[/QUOTE]
No, seriously.

[quote name='Gamefocus']My PS3 gave out last night, I guess I'm getting the PS3 for 199.[/QUOTE]
I hate how unreliable this gen was. Question: Would you suggest the $400 3D bundle from Costco for someone who hasn't owned a PS3 before?

[quote name='TeaBisquit']That's just awful man, that sucks.

Yeah, I'll only buy used games when I can save 75% or more from the price of the new game.

Okay, let's be honest. If you're trying that hard to save money, you wouldn't have bought 20 games in the past few months. It's your perogative to buy used, but you don't have to be patronizing about it.

No, seriously.

I hate how unreliable this gen was. Question: Would you suggest the $400 3D bundle from Costco for someone who hasn't owned a PS3 before?[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I've NEVER had a single console break down on me before. I've had every console since the NES, all of them still work. Except for my Xbox 360, which the current one I have does work but it's my 8th one. They all got replaced under warranty because I got extensions through yelling at them basically. I got that console at launch. I also got the wii and PS3 at launch. My wii broke once, it was the ssbb glitch from back when it came out. My PS3, a 20GB launch model, just broke after attempting to play NHL 13. This gen was crazy in terms of reliability. I hope the newer PS3s are more reliable. I don't want the rumored Super Slim model, it looks too ugly and cheap.

3D is rarely worth the framerate drop it causes in most games, I'd say this uncharted 1-3 + PS3 bundle is probably your best bet. Uncharted is a must-play series. It's great.

[quote name='VetraX']Because they have principles.
[/QUOTE]

I suppose hating the environment and not following the 4R's are principles. :p

Walmart won't do the PS3 deal today in Quebec, even though the flyer clearly says it starts today they say they can't sell it until friday and the item won't scan. Ridiculous.

[quote name='TeaBisquit'] .

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name='foxmcloud']i'm at wm now and theres an erratum on playbook and ps3[/QUOTE]

What did they change?,,,,,,,,

I wouldnt bite on that playbook.

For one , it will get cheaper by xmas , and 2 its not a good tablet.

Lacking good apps , sideloading apps works sure but many of them are unstable and useless.

Doesnt support Ac3/DTS audio codecs - so 80% of your movies wont play without conversion.

The internal storage is SLOW AS SHIT , takes like 20 mins to trasnfer a 4gb movie , its an atrocious little device and i would steer clear fellas.

I took pictures of the erratums
they are in french but they basically say that they fucked up and the price is not what is shown in the flyer
for the ps3, the flyer shows the image of a 160gb ps3 with a couple of games bundled with it at $199 but it should actually be the 320gb with nhl12 for $299

Playbook :

lSsMv.jpg

PS3
CpGe1.jpg

[quote name='foxmcloud']I took pictures of the erratums
they are in french but they basically say that they fucked up and the price is not what is shown in the flyer
for the ps3, the flyer shows the image of a 160gb ps3 with a couple of games bundled with it at $199 but it should actually be the 320gb with nhl12 for $299

Playbook :

lSsMv.jpg

PS3
CpGe1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Should still be able to PM elsewhere , but thats bullshit.
They fucked up, they should honor their price.
Even if they are not , staples is so just PM that , walmart is such a gd pain sometimes.

I believe the PS3 notice actually refers to the previous week's flyer where they were advertising a 160GB NHL13 bundle erroneously.

PS3 deal apparently doesn't start until friday, they just wouldn't honor the deal for me despite having the flyer. I asked for the manager and he said the same thing, can't honor the deal today and possibly not for the whole week if there's an error in the flyer.

[quote name='Mr.']Probably because this sale starts Friday.[/QUOTE]

Then why advertise the sale for the 12th-18th? Sounds like false advertising imo.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Then why advertise the sale for the 12th-18th? Sounds like false advertising imo.[/QUOTE]

It starts on the 12th for Quebec

It starts on Friday for Ontario and everywhere else in Canada

Meh, I was going to price match Max Payne 3 for one of the trade in deals going on. But BB and FS took it off their lists.

[quote name='Average Box']It starts on the 12th for Quebec

It starts on Friday for Ontario and everywhere else in Canada[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I only have one problem getting used games at Future Shop I can't see the disk condition before buying. For $5 extra, I'll buy new.
[/QUOTE]
I bought a used PS3 game at Best Buy and the case was in the worst shape I've ever seen of any used game including rentals. There was a layer of sticky gunk covering the entire surface of the plastic sleeve on the case, disgusting. I should have returned it.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I bought a used PS3 game at Best Buy and the case was in the worst shape I've ever seen of any used game including rentals. There was a layer of sticky gunk covering the entire surface of the plastic sleeve on the case, disgusting. I should have returned it.[/QUOTE]

WTF, you didn't return that!? lol

bread's done
Back