NHL 13 Stanley Cup Edition (PS3/X360) $59.99 Newegg

Hmmmm,
Tempting.....really tempting.

There isn't much of a deal on the standard version right now....and I'd love to have the Stanley Cup edition just so it wouldn't have Claude Giroux on the cover.

Something for me to think about.

I'd be tempted to get that since my team did win the cup this year but it seems like the bonus stuff is things i'd hardly use or not at all.

As a Kings fan, I wanted to get the Stanley cup edition. This price may make me bite on it. I was hoping somebody would have the regular edition cheaper this week, but it doesn't look like anyone is. Tough choice.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Hmmmm,
Tempting.....really tempting.

There isn't much of a deal on the standard version right now....and I'd love to have the Stanley Cup edition just so it wouldn't have Claude Giroux on the cover.

Something for me to think about.[/QUOTE]

Could be worse. It could have Zach Parise on the cover :cold:

[quote name='aircobra']If only BB would PM this.[/QUOTE]

They probably would. Just show them the link on your phone, or get them to look it up on their computer.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten them to match NewEgg recently. I think they just started matching online retailers this summer.

If I had time to run up there, I'd try it myself since I have some BB credit, but Tues are absolutely the worst days for me.

[quote name='spidey35']Well I just checked Newegg and the price is 79.99.....so this post may not be accurate.[/QUOTE]

It shows $59.99 once you go to the product page....through a SEARCH it shows $79.99

$20 normally seems like way too much for this though:
Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS Hockey League)
A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
A complete copy of NHL 13
Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image

This will make no sense but I'm upset because I preordered this using a $15 off coupon on Newegg.

I got an order confirmation and pending charge on my account yesterday and then today when I went to check the status it showed up as "order voided".

I was hoping they would take $20 off my preorder price so that I'd pay $45 but newegg customer service argued that my bank cancelled my order (I've been placing online orders enough to know this had nothing to do with my bank).

She also mentiond I couldn't reorder using the coupon code either because the promotion was dead.

[quote name='GBAstar']This will make no sense but I'm upset because I preordered this using a $15 off coupon on Newegg.

I got an order confirmation and pending charge on my account yesterday and then today when I went to check the status it showed up as "order voided".

I was hoping they would take $20 off my preorder price so that I'd pay $45 but newegg customer service argued that my bank cancelled my order (I've been placing online orders enough to know this had nothing to do with my bank).

She also mentiond I couldn't reorder using the coupon code either because the promotion was dead.[/QUOTE]

I preordered with the 15 off code as well and apparently it's shipped as per their email so I got hosed too. Any way to get a $5 adjustment?

Thought it over, and I decided to pass.
It's a great deal, no doubt...and I live and die Hockey. But with the Lock-Out coming up, I just see this game sitting around gathering dust, while I rotate between Madden and NCAA 13.

Just when the NHL had started gaining some momentum in the market share. Damn they better get this shit resolved quick.

I'm just glad is no CBA for the beer leagues. We just started up Sunday night, and I had the only goal of the game. Oh ya! :D

[quote name='GBAstar']uhhh.. no[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kklems']Op link is dead but search NHL and its live. Just ordered one with free 2 day shipping[/QUOTE]

OK when I searched manually it said sold out but now it's back on.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I really wanna jump on this but my $45 TRU order is in limbo...[/QUOTE]

MY TRU order (Standard Edition) just shipped... by UPS Mail Innovations so hopefully it'll be here by the end of.... next week

I still had to pick this up though.

And to the other poster... i wish I had a best buy that would PM newegg... the luck some people have

[quote name='GBAstar']MY TRU order (Standard Edition) just shipped... by UPS Mail Innovations so hopefully it'll be here by the end of.... next week

I still had to pick this up though.

And to the other poster... i wish I had a best buy that would PM newegg... the luck some people have[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped too. Guess I'll stick with that since it is only HUT packs afterall...I doubt I could resell either edition for enough to make it worthwhile.

I can probably sell these HUT stuff online for something decent I would assume.

EDIT: I broke down and ordered. NHL 12 was one of my most played games. With ShopRunner and Ebates 4%, why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='havuk']my BB pricematched this no problem[/QUOTE]
Mine did also, I will worry about getting my $5 back from the pre-order of the regular edition later this week

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']gameplay is to slow... like playing with obese old people. to each there own i guess checking hits zzz to.[/QUOTE]

Idk what you're talking about. Hits are bigger to me and I love the new speed burst mechanism.

Awesome! Insta-buy! Was going to wait for the price on this to drop on Amazon in 4 months or so... now I can get it Day 4 at the regular edition price and I don't have to see that punk Giroux on the cover! ;)

D'oh. I picked this up for $80 on Amazon with the $15 promo credit and the preorder bonus. Guess I shouldn't be too upset, but it does sting a little.

[quote name='WingsDJY']D'oh. I picked this up for $80 on Amazon with the $15 promo credit and the preorder bonus. Guess I shouldn't be too upset, but it does sting a little.[/QUOTE]

I never saw where Amazon was doing the credit with this version. I got the standard edition but would've bit at this price to avoid having to look at Giroux. Unfortunately I opened it the second it arrived so I guess I'll stick with it.

And to the person complaining about the skating, it's more like real hockey now. If you give if a fair chance you will see that it's quite rewarding and a huge upgrade for an already damn fine hockey game.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Thought it over, and I decided to pass.
It's a great deal, no doubt...and I live and die Hockey. But with the Lock-Out coming up, I just see this game sitting around gathering dust, while I rotate between Madden and NCAA 13.[/QUOTE]

.......well that lasted a whole day.

I was at Best Buy, and they only had one left, and I had some BB credit, and....well you can probably guess the rest.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Idk what you're talking about. Hits are bigger to me and I love the new speed burst mechanism.[/QUOTE]
must be new to the series then. this ver runs like i mentioned. some like it fast some slow as a obese old man on oxygen.muhaha :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']gameplay is to slow... like playing with obese old people. to each there own i guess checking hits zzz to.[/QUOTE]
Gameplay is like a sim now.

It's about time they made it play like you're using real NHL players and not just ice skaters.

[quote name='Flacksguy'].......well that lasted a whole day.

I was at Best Buy, and they only had one left, and I had some BB credit, and....well you can probably guess the rest.[/QUOTE]

You stayed strong, kept to your convictions, and were still able to resist the temptations of buying a game that you had planned not to? Good job! :applause::applause:

My local BB ran out of the cup editions before I could get there, so I ordered one online. Got it yesterday and called customer servie to have them PM the Newegg price. Customer service told me that they do not PM online retailers unless they are within 25 miles from your store. With that news, I quickly ordered one from Newegg for the 59 price and I will be returning the BB one.

[quote name='kklems']Got mine today. Was this supposed to be shrink wrapped? Has stickers on either end but no shrink wrap.[/QUOTE]

My Amazon order did not have shrink wrap either. Must be the standard packaging for this one.

bread's done
Back