Gamestop Ad 9/12 - 9/18: SFxT ($20), Risen 2 ($50), Spec Ops: The Line- New Low Price

[quote name='thegame85']I think it was set to come out months ago and then it was delayed until just recently.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. The game is really bad, it should have dropped to at least $30 by now.

[quote name='aircobra']Doesn't matter. The game is really bad, it should have dropped to at least $30 by now.[/QUOTE]

61% on meta critic isn't too bad. not too good, but not bad. I was really interested in risen 2 but kinda forgot about it with the games that have came out this year.

[quote name='litepink']
B2G1 Free Skylanders figures
[/QUOTE]

Lol, you get more bang for your buck at BB this week, they're doing B1G1 Free for Skylanders figures.

[quote name='litepink']:360::ps3: Street Fighter x Tekken - $19.99[/QUOTE]

Considering that this is GS, they want to get rid of this title.
Guess the whole, DLC on disc and Gem system really turned people off on it.

[quote name='CaseX']How is Risen 2 not $20 by now?!?!! Lol.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. I bought this when it first came out and its shocking. Dont waste your money guys!! Honestly!!!

waste

As much as I dislike Gamestop (after having worked there for a while), there's some truly awesome games in that "top 100 under $10" sale that activate on Origin and Steam!

Definitely gonna be buying a couple of those codes once I get paid this week!

[quote name='CaseX']How is Risen 2 not $20 by now?!?!! Lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aircobra']Doesn't matter. The game is really bad, it should have dropped to at least $30 by now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gustyrainbow43']Could not agree more. I bought this when it first came out and its shocking. Dont waste your money guys!! Honestly!!!

waste
[/QUOTE]

I share the same sentiment. I love these Eastern European RPGs but I'm surprised this title still commands such a high price. I played the demo for the first Risen and was intrigued by how little hand holding the developers do.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Spec Ops: The Line is going to be great when it's $7.50-10. Then it will be mine.[/QUOTE]

Right there with ya. Until then my $10 copy of Battlefield should hold me just fine :D

I had some hope for GS after their Gamestock sale that they might have a couple decent deals on a regular basis. So much for that pipe dream.

There's fun to be had with Risen for the right price (like $6). I imagine Risen 2 will be worth picking up for around the same price. I don't get how a developer who put out Risen and knows what happened with it, puts out a sequel to that game, then does nothing to help people really know when it's coming out. Do they think people are just going to magically flock to the game and dump $65 on it?

The price still shows $39.99 for SFxT. Website shows "save $20 on SFxT" not that the game is $20. Of course it is early and the website might not be updated. Oh and did see Skyrim for $40 new.

Used copy of Spec Ops is around $37.99 but with the 10% discount and my $24.80 in credit, it should come to under $10. Sounds good to me! Picking this up after work.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Used copy of Spec Ops is around $37.99 but with the 10% discount and my $24.80 in credit, it should come to under $10. Sounds good to me! Picking this up after work.[/QUOTE]
with the coke code you should be able to score it for $28 plus another 10% off if you are PUR. I wonder wat happened to that coke thread?

I wonder who will walk into a GameStop and go, $40 for Spec Ops? Hell no. Oh wait, $38 for used? Sold!

If they drop it to $30, I'd bite. Especially with the Coke code.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I wonder who will walk into a GameStop and go, $40 for Spec Ops? Hell no. Oh wait, $38 for used? Sold!

If they drop it to $30, I'd bite. Especially with the Coke code.[/QUOTE]

I walked in today and bought it used. $38, minus 10%, plus I had the coke code...so yeah. $26.xx out the door. Saving over $15 sounds good to me.

But even without the $10 code, some people need to save anywhere they can. And if saving $5 by buying it used and with the PUR 10% means they can use that $5 for something else, I don't see what's shocking about that. People comment on that all the time here. But take someone like me for instance. Full time student, no job, living off student loans, yet I do have a gaming fund I saved up so I can still play games while in school. I look to save anywhere I can, any amount I can, so I can stretch my money longer.

bread's done
Back