Double Dragon Neon soundtrack free

I wish there were full songs for the mixtapes, I love those. Really cool of them to make this available for free, I sent him the last few bucks I had sitting in paypal.

I love virt! He was always one of my favorite contributors at Overclocked Remix because he often stayed true to the spirit of the source material and magnified its meaning, unlike many others who insisted on rearranging/repurposing everything as trance or speed metal. (I probably missed the mark on those subgenre labels, but I think you catch my drift.) This soundtrack almost seems a bit slavish to the source, but I'd rather have that than something wholly unrecognizable.

The game is fantastic, I don't know what the hell the issue was with whoever reviewed at IGN giving it a 3. The soundtrack is absolutely awesome as well, but I'm still a huge 80s kid at heart.

I'm addicted to Mission 2's theme, Mango Tango. I donated $5 to the guy, since he's made some awesome OC Remixes I've enjoyed the hell out of over the years.

Right? The demo is awesome! I just want a physical disc instead of a DLC.

[quote name='BetaDemo']I like that boobs come honking out every time you punch up the hookers in this game.[/QUOTE]

Saw reviews on youtube. They need this on the 3DS. I would pay for this in 3D.

They also need to remake beatem ups in God of War/Ninja Gaiden Sigma clones. Don't need the weps but make skills upgradable like Batman Arkham style.

Anyone have recommendations to that effect?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rapsodist']I love virt! He was always one of my favorite contributors at Overclocked Remix...[/QUOTE]

+1

I saw "virt." in the URL and was like "Whoa!". Still have all his OC music.

[quote name='outerfox']The game is fantastic, I don't know what the hell the issue was with whoever reviewed at IGN giving it a 3.[/QUOTE]

That reviewer came across like a kid who doesn't appreciate or understand the appeal of old-school gaming, in fact he sort of turned his review into a rant against beat-em-ups in general. I found Gamespot's review accurate and fair.

Anyway, this soundtrack is from the same guy who did Bloodrayne: Betrayal, which I love. (And I know we're all CAGs here, but at least consider kicking down a buck for the music if you're gonna download it! LOL...)

[quote name='Turbojugend']That reviewer came across like a kid who doesn't appreciate or understand the appeal of old-school gaming, in fact he sort of turned his review into a rant against beat-em-ups in general. I found Gamespot's review accurate and fair.

Anyway, this soundtrack is from the same guy who did Bloodrayne: Betrayal, which I love. (And I know we're all CAGs here, but at least consider kicking down a buck for the music if you're gonna download it! LOL...)[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. IGN is notorious for giving really piss poor "reviews" on games when it's clearly shown that they are completely biased in the matter. But, in the end it's always up to people themselves if they want to try the game.

Honestly, if I saw this version of Double Dragon in the arcades 25 years ago, I'd be like Fry and scream at the arcade cabinet "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY QUARTERS!" It just FELT like an 80s game and the environment of it was like I was back in an arcade, wasting my money away!

[quote name='cjenvy']i just glanced over it but thats a crap ton of mp3 files how big is this sucker once extracted[/QUOTE]
183 mb

Two whole days.

Two whole days.

No matter what else I play that damn Stage 2 Mango Tango song will not leave my head. 48 hours of this.

Kill me.

[quote name='sml_mndz']183 mb[/QUOTE]

really that seems small for that many mp3
s when i did the math i was looking at the 7-800mb range

Listening to the end song without actually having beaten Skullmageddon should be a crime.

Really, you shouldn't listen ahead at all I think, at least until you've played the demo and gotten to stage 2. Listening to that stage 2 song fresh just lets you see where the game will take you aurally.

[quote name='cjenvy']really that seems small for that many mp3
s when i did the math i was looking at the 7-800mb range[/QUOTE]

It's a ZIP file.

Also I figured I wouldn't be a complete mooch and gave $3.

[quote name='outerfox']The game is fantastic, I don't know what the hell the issue was with whoever reviewed at IGN giving it a 3. The soundtrack is absolutely awesome as well, but I'm still a huge 80s kid at heart.

I'm addicted to Mission 2's theme, Mango Tango. I donated $5 to the guy, since he's made some awesome OC Remixes I've enjoyed the hell out of over the years.[/QUOTE]

Jeff Gertsmann on Giant Bomb hated it also. He hasn't posted the review yet, but pretty much the entire GB crew slammed the game during the Bombcast this week, dissing the dodging mechanics and all saying they haven't liked it any of the times they've seen it at various PAX's. Seems like this is one of those games you either love or hate.

So much nostalgia reminding me mainly of the NES game, and some of the arcade game but didn't get to play that much as only 1 place in all of southern Illinois (Coach's Pizza in Vienna, IL- the first iteration of it) had the arcade game.

The game is a decent modernization of DD. The review on IGN is a bit harsh since it comes from a reviewer who is apparently not into old school games. There is good retro music, some humor, and new features such as shops and a 'levelling-up' system. The fighting mechanics seem fine to me. It does need online co-op though.

[quote name='DeathBringer']i put a price of 0.00. thanks[/QUOTE]

LOL. I was wondering if that was possible. Downloading right now. :applause:

I'm really enjoying the game, but my opinion is probably biased since it was free through PS+. I might have been really disappointed if I had paid $10 or $15 or however much it costs. This game oozes personality, but not everyone is going to like the aesthetic that they were going for.

bread's done
Back